Postby SamirA » 17 May 2013, 03:43

This is the claim for NPCing Stirk.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Re: Stirk NPC Claim

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 17 May 2013, 17:57

Claim :P

At the moment I'm sorting out PC classes, factions and generic dialogue (Cyrodiil lore and stuff - I'll post some up later). When I'm finished I'll upload it all in a single esp for someone to add to PC_Data.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Stirk NPC Claim

Postby SamirA » 17 May 2013, 18:13

You could have granted this as well :P

Granted.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Re: Stirk NPC Claim [TDF]

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 03 Jun 2013, 15:26

This file contains factions, classes and races for P:C. The esp needs to be added to PC_Data. Some of the factions are wip, but they aren't such high priority at the moment. I'll finish them off later. At the moment the colovians and nibenese use vanilla body parts - we''ll have to create a patch that changes them to use the imperial better bodies parts (unless we make our own).
Attachments
PC_NPC Data.esp
(32.42 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 04 Jun 2013, 14:59

So how'll we handle this? I was thinking I will send my file over to SamirA once I'm done with my work on Stirk. Then he would be going to replace those interior chimneys and send it to you, TDF. You would then have to merge it with all the interiors that yet have to be made/finished, though I'm sure you can handle it. That sound any good?

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 04 Jun 2013, 15:48

Yep, that sounds good. Until I get the Stirk file to work on I'll put the NPCs just in a test cell and then merge them into the Stirk file. Btw, I forgot to put some scripts in the file I uploaded above. I'll upload the correct version later today.

Edit: Da-daaah!
Attachments
PC_NPC Data.esp
The correct version
(43.53 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 04 Jun 2013, 20:03

Shouldn't be too long. One week max until I am done with my part.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 02 Jul 2013, 09:56

I'm going away for about ten days, and I don't know whether or not I'll have internet access, so I've uploaded all the work I've done so far on the file. It's not that much, to be honest.

I'm about halfway through copying generic vanilla greetings into Greeting 7 so they're above the "omg ur the Nerevarine, ur so cool" greetings. That means that those greetings won't show up in Cyrodiil.
Attachments
PC_Stirk_NCPs.ESP
(23.75 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 13 Jan 2014, 12:05

My latest version.

Not a great deal has happened in the last six months... :oops:
Attachments
PC_Stirk_NCPs v0.15.ESP
This contains some of the NPCs for Stirk, a bit of dialogue for Stirk, and some other dialogue for the entire Province.
(56.84 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 13 Jan 2014, 13:54

That is ok TDF, we are getting close to where this is an active item though. Only 4 ints left to be claimed and just a few more than that to be sent to review.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 18 Feb 2014, 16:25

Updated with dialog for 'my trade' and 'Cyrodiil lore'. Some of the Cyrodiil lore dialog is placeholder for now.
Attachments
PC_Stirk_NCPs v0.20.esp
(121.64 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 19 Feb 2014, 00:27

I think we should use ipsum lorem for the place holder text. haha
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 30 Apr 2014, 15:16

Here's the latest version. I don't think there's that much more in it than in the version I uploaded two-and-a-half months ago.
Attachments
PC_Stirk_NCPs v0.20.esp
(124.31 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 30 Apr 2014, 15:22

SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 05 Oct 2014, 22:53

Updated file!

-----------

All NPCs that had PC_Colovian (no PC_Nibenese in this file) as Race have been turned into Imperials.

All dialogue entries that relied on the PC_Colovian or PC_Nibenese race (there was only one respectively) have been changed to rely on the regular imperial race.

All of the PC_Colovian-npcs that were given certain faces by TDF have been made to match in appearance.

-----------

There was something that seemed erroneos about TDFs file: All of the npcs have the nolore variable set on them from the start in order to omit a lot of MW-specific dialogue, still the topic-entries under Cyrodiil-lore and in many other places relied on the nolore variable not to be set on the npc. TDF already had an own nolore-variable for P:C named PC_NoLore for P:C-specific nolore behaviour that he even used in a couple of places where you would usually use nolore in vanilla. I think he established the variable later on and didn't get around to update all previous dialogue entries to use PC_NoLore instead.

Now all dialogue entries and greetings that relied on nolore not being set have been changed to utilize PC_NoLore not being set on the npc instead. I'm 99.9907% sure that that is correct and what TDF wanted to to anyway.

-----------

The topics that have been worked on by TDF are these:

Cyrodiil lore - contains 64 dialogue entries on Cyrodiil-lore (7 placeholder entries yet). The topic itself does not seem to get unlocked anywhere yet.
Abecean Sea - Dialogue entries given by savants, scouts, fishers and sailors
Background - There are a few entries in here. But they are still missing for most of the npcs
my trade - contains my trade entries for all PC_Classes
Stirk - Generic dialogue entries on Stirk
Greeting 7 - Many many many generic/common greetings in here TDF prepared for us. Beyond that more specific generic greetings for inhabitants of Stirk.

------------

The previous file had some of the stirk interior cells included with it and two of the npcs (two khajiits) had been placed already. I removed the cells again, as they will go through a last review by Scamp again. It shouldn't be too hard to place them again when Stirk is ready for populating.

I have given Sophia Tragia some clothing in accordance with her description to test dialogue ingame with her. Can be changed or left as is.
Attachments
PC_Stirk_NCPs v0.21.esp
(122.38 KiB) Downloaded 121 times

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 06 Oct 2014, 00:21

Had a quick look through Cyrodiil lore - can't say that it reads well. Most of it seems like placeholder dialogue, very basic information and repetitive structures (a lot of topics start with "Let me tell you about..."). Some answers should be parsed for Nibenese/Colovian opinions, maybe. Things like current events, the economy, the racial and cultural divisions in Cyrodiil, etc. have been fleshed out a lot recently, and I'm wondering how we can best integrate new information.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 06 Oct 2014, 11:53

I should be able to insert missing topic entries from TDFs above documents and other new entries. I have looked into dialogue and quests a couple of times in the past, so I have an overall idea of how things work.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 06 Oct 2014, 15:39

So, this is just the NPCs and dialogue, right? Should I work off my v2.5, fix the exterior, merge interiors, and then we can merge it with this?

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 06 Oct 2014, 16:24

Fantastic Worsas, you're a hero. :)

P:C dialogue should use the PC_nolore to rather than vanilla nolore. All Cyroddil NPCs should have vanilla nolore as part of their script to stop them getting lots of the vanilla dialogue.

As for the Cyrodiil lore topic, if I remember correctly, most of the entries are copied directly from vanilla Morrowind lore and have their content edited to reflect Cyrodiil. The style ("Let me tell you about...") is unchanged.

Don't feel obliged to keep the same dialogue, faces, etc. If you can make a change for the better, then by all means do so.

@Scamp
Yes, this contains just dialogue and NPCs. I believe I loaded it alongside the v2.5 file (which contained the exterior and some interiors).
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 06 Oct 2014, 18:03

So, this is just the NPCs and dialogue, right? Should I work off my v2.5, fix the exterior, merge interiors, and then we can merge it with this?

Yes.

@TerrifyingDaedricFoe: Your previous work is really appreciated. We would be in a bad position, if we had to create all those topic-entries from scratch.

Next

Return to Claimed