Postby Worsas » 19 Jul 2014, 13:17

Saint_Jiub wrote:Test 1 for a donkey/mule texture:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7hsffawxrtaj2f/pcmule.png

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Re: PC_Donkey_?[St_Jiub]

Postby Saint_Jiub » 20 Jul 2014, 03:29

Test 2 (in-game): https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8gmnrplejfd8aq/PC_MULES.png

Fixed up the other two pack mule models (smoothed normals and fixed some weird blue material properties on the luggage- the remaining blue in this screen has been taken care of now as well) for use as well, and adjusted the texture color per Worsas' suggestion. There's a wild/packless version as well.

If everything looks good I'll get it uploaded for y'all.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 20 Jul 2014, 09:10

The packs on the right one look a little weird, I think - those are the baskets from Dunmer shacks, right? Maybe consider dropping that one: two packed versions and a wild one should be more than enough, especially if we throw your horses in the mix.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 20 Jul 2014, 17:16

I agree, we should also maybe come up with a new name for these guys, because that pattern makes them look nothing like donkeys imo.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 20 Jul 2014, 17:20

I think they look like donkeys with a fur change. Perhaps the shape should be slightly altered for larger front legs seeing as how they would need them to climb things, like the various rocks and hills.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 20 Jul 2014, 18:45

Lengthening the front legs will probably mess up their animation, but we can try that nevertheless. Renaming? I was a bit dubious of that idea first but the more I think of it, the more I agree that renaming could work. Such a renaming would allow for a number of puns in literature or dialogue where a known animal is paraphrased by our new name for it.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 20 Jul 2014, 21:01

I don't think a name change is a good idea or at all necessary. The very thing I like about this mule and the horse is that they somewhat subvert our idea of what these creatures are, without becoming something else entirely - which I find is very fitting for the Imperials, who lean towards the "classic pseudo-medieval culture" we see in other works of fantasy and (frankly) in Morrowind, but with their own special twist. Strange yet familiar. The creatures still function fundamentally as mules, even if they don't quite look like them: by calling them mules we easily communicate to the player what they are and what they do. Not everything needs a special fantasy name: that kind of thing should be reserved for concepts people are unfamiliar with, even if it's just for the sake of conventionality.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 20 Jul 2014, 21:49

Worsas wrote:Lengthening the front legs will probably mess up their animation, but we can try that nevertheless. Renaming? I was a bit dubious of that idea first but the more I think of it, the more I agree that renaming could work. Such a renaming would allow for a number of puns in literature or dialogue where a known animal is paraphrased by our new name for it.

I meant increase in girth, not length, I am not sure how length increases will work.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 28 Jul 2014, 01:10

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rbs95u9kxzcx9t/Mule.zip

I left in the version with the baskets for now, I'll leave it to you guys to decide to use it or not.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 28 Jul 2014, 09:10

Off to review!

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 09 Jan 2015, 00:34

- Added a shadow body
- Solved some rather serious animation group problems
- Added a missing moan sound.

The combat animations remain to look slightly odd. but other than that this seems like a nice environmental asset.

Approved

Return to Completed