PC_Lamia [Final]

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

PC_Lamia [Final]

Postby SamirA » 16 Feb 2014, 16:39

This creature needs to be animated for the Abecean Sea portion of our Stirk release.
Attachments
pc_lamia.nif
(144.79 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Re: PC_Lamia [Unclaimed]

Postby Worsas » 28 May 2014, 15:31

I'm going to do this next.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Re: PC_Lamia [Worsas]

Postby Worsas » 28 May 2014, 17:41

I will probably take a minor modding break before I start to make this animation. I have only just spent a tireless week on overhauling the countless SHOTN-tapestries and rugs, which was enjoyable but just as much exhausting for me.

Is there any particular background lore P:C has developed for the Lamia?

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 28 May 2014, 18:02

There's no specific lore yet (at least, not that I know). I guess Lamias could be something similar to Skyrim's Hagravens: powerful witches who traded their human shape for something more animistic in return for power and a longer life.

Sources on these kinds of things are scant. The mermaid statue found in Oblivion's Anvil could be interpreted as a bastardized memory of a Lamia. It was a depiction of a shape-shifting Selkie, according to a game guide:
The Selkie of West Skerry
This seal-maid's lover stole the selkie's seal skin, hoping to keep her from leaving him for the sea, but the the lover's wife had secretly cut the skin in two, leaving one part so the selkie might find it. The selkie donned her partial skin, and discovered herself neither seal nor maid, but half-seal and half-maid. She fled the land but is said to guide lost mariners to land in the dense fogs of the Gold Coast.

Other than that, Sheogorath's palace in the Shivering Isles had some mermaid iconography. We might imply a connection with the Daedra there.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 28 May 2014, 22:39

The only concrete thing with the lamia is that they shall be in the Abecean sea. Anything else is up in the air and Infragris is probably on the right track as far as story telling goes.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 21 Jun 2014, 10:42

Not much progress yet. But I finally managed to find the time and motivation to rig this beast to a skeleton and give it a preliminary base pose.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... rtpose.jpg

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 21 Jun 2014, 11:37

Looking good!
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 21 Jun 2014, 18:02

Thats pretty good. Could use a bit less of a defined hair line though.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 21 Jun 2014, 18:27

Tarius wrote:Thats pretty good. Could use a bit less of a defined hair line though.

A mere alpha-issue within blender. Ingame the transition will be perfectily smooth.

SGMonkey
P:C Admin

Postby SGMonkey » 23 Jun 2014, 03:35

Very nice. Will need this over in High Rock too. ;)

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 23 Jun 2014, 21:58

Great news!
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 06 Jul 2014, 23:05

Done. This was my first skeleton-based creature with morph animation. You will have to test the creature ingame to see what it looks like.

The lamia is designed to use spells, but you can only utilize touch or self-spells because ranged bolts get extinguished in water. It would be good to give the creature a destructive on-touch spell with low or average magicka cost because the casting animation looks better than most attack animations (they are at the beginning of the animation queue and thus difficult to fix for me)

The creature features idle2-idle6. These all should be set at 20% chance respectively.

So far I have used the spriggan sounds for this creature. Whenever someone wants to make custom sounds, please note that the lamia only ever uses scream and roar.

Edit: Added a fixed keyframe file that prevents the lamia from returning to to base pose in combat-idle.
Attachments
xPC_Lamia.kf
(109.36 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Lamia.7z
(143.36 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

SamirA

Re: PC_Lamia [Reviewing]

Postby SamirA » 07 Jul 2014, 15:39

I like these ideas.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 25 Jul 2014, 00:35

Ok, the mesh itself looks fine. There dont appear to be any blatent errors or anything.
Texturewise, could use some touch up right above and below the breasts to reduce stretching. Otherwise, this appears to be fine. Animation appears to be ok.

So yea, if you wanna do any touch up work, thats fine, otherwise I think this is ready for now.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 25 Jul 2014, 10:16

I'll call it finished for the time being, because I cannot really spare much more attention for this right now.

This is the third of Revenants creatures, I animated for him. Two more to to come!

Return to Completed