PC_Ex_FRuin_?, PC_In_FRuin_?[Worsas]

Worsas
Asset Manager

PC_Ex_FRuin_?, PC_In_FRuin_?[Worsas]

Postby Worsas » 16 Jul 2014, 23:43

Imperial fort ruins from earlier eras. These should resemble the fort ruins seen in TES VI. We might get some finished objects from Lestat De Lioncourt, but they should still get retextured to match our yellowish/brownish rocks.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx30 ... shot57.jpg

This archive with old objects by StarwarsGal may contain some useful textures:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B06OJz ... sp=sharing

Worsas
Asset Manager

Re: PC_Ex_FRuin_?, PC_In_FRuin_?[Unclaimed]

Postby Worsas » 06 Nov 2014, 09:46

Claimed.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Re: PC_Ex_FRuin_?, PC_In_FRuin_?[Worsas]

Postby Worsas » 14 Nov 2014, 01:49

I'm currrently still working on the skyrim versions of these.

A wip shot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... ntower.jpg

This tower is taken and modified from a different ruin set that has been originally created for a different purpose. I'm going to include this set to be availible for imperial ruins that are maybe less old than the first era. The two set could get combined, though, I reckon, as they will use a common set of textures.

For Cyrodiil, these will get a brownish or yellowish wall texture, btw.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 14 Nov 2014, 12:17

Not a bad idea, considering that these forts were probably maintained and upgraded numerous times. The mesh looks like a good halfway point between the old ruins and the modern Imperial forts. I do feel like it could be a little less "clean", more weathered and asymmetrical, to fit in with the rest of the set.

Lore soup: these forts are usually associated with the large infrastructure works of the Reman Emperors, dating them from around 1E 2703 to 1E 2920 (end of the First Era): only some 200 years. However, they likely remained the popular style throughout the Potentate (2E 1 - 2E 431) and Interregnum periods (2E 431 - 2E 896): 896 years, in all. Starting from the Third Era, forts should use the modern Imperial style. The pre-Reman period does not have a fort style associated, though the Colovian barrow set sort of represents that era in general.

Griff
P:C Modder

Postby Griff » 15 Nov 2014, 00:56

Sorry worsas bit that just looks like a rextex of the vanilla fort set. I take it the reman era forts were round like the ones in tes 4 and we have them thanks to lestat, so why not add old repairs to them like abit of newer wall built into the old here and there. If you get me

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 15 Nov 2014, 12:16

Griff wrote:Sorry worsas bit that just looks like a rextex of the vanilla fort set. I take it the reman era forts were round like the ones in tes 4 and we have them thanks to lestat, so why not add old repairs to them like abit of newer wall built into the old here and there. If you get me

I'm going to show you a more complete picture of several elements included in this set to stray your fear that this would look like a mere retex of the imperial forts. It doesn't. Yes, it has got a rectangular layout and those typical imperial battlements, but that is what basically made me want to use it for imperial ruins.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... lruins.jpg

Moreover it has got a nice range of ruined pieces (more than you can see on the screenshot) and a halfway complete interior tileset, something we cannot claim for the Reman ruins. Recreating a dungeon tileset from Oblivion is something I'm lacking ambition for, too. And I don't want to discard the work I have put into updating Lestats set to look like this, either.

I wonder if we should use this particular subset for Colovian cliff fortresses and newer imperial ruins mostly. But I don't see why this style shouldn't be integrated into Reman era ruins that were maintained for a longer time.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 15 Nov 2014, 14:14

I was hoping we could use these (and the Reman fort set in general) for the Colovian cliff-fortresses. I'm thinking of several forts in the Kvatch area specifically (Wariel, Hastrel, Linchal) which can be upgraded to noble estates: they would have been pseudo-Nordic wooden forts in the Alessian era, rebuilt in stone in the correct time period, and continually inhabited and expanded upon until today. Hell, if we keep the textures for Imperial fort in line, we could have three generations of construction on top of each other.

About the interior sets: I was under the impression that there was a semi-finished interior set for Reman forts in the WIP data files from SHotN: meshes\Sky\i\Sky_In_DNG_08_... struck me as something meant for the Imperial forts. Could be wrong, though.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 15 Nov 2014, 20:35

After finishing a few more wallpieces I made an ingame test to look how they work.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z2sqgirp1xb3 ... oLt0a?dl=0

There are obviously a few issues, like the reman set not using the same greenisch tint I have utilzed on the other set. The battlements of the more modern set indeed coming off a bit clean, etc. But fixing these two things would really take a lot of effort.

I know it doesn't look like it, but the tiles I changed from lestats set now use a certain variety of textures and I had to change the geometry of each single piece to support a transitional texture for the bottom and the top respectively. Doing the same thing for the reman set would be a nightmare.

As for the battlement I'm at a loss aswell. For one I have no clue how they should otherwise look. I kinda thought the design lent itself well for an imperial ruin and I would have to change all of them once again in all pieces I have worked over so far.

I was under the impression that there was a semi-finished interior set for Reman forts in the WIP data files from SHotN: meshes\Sky\i\Sky_In_DNG_08_... struck me as something meant for the Imperial forts. Could be wrong, though.

Sky_In_DNG_08 is exactly the set I'm intending to use for these, but it was originally built for the other ruinset, not the reman one.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 01 Dec 2014, 21:27

Still working on the skyrim versions of these forts, but there is some progress.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... n_fort.jpg

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 02 Dec 2014, 01:03

Looks good.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 09 Dec 2014, 10:08

For those who do not frequent the internal section of the Skyrim forum: I have actually been able to finish the imperial ruinset for Skyrim by now. I even made a big Skyrim-Data update including this and most of Lestats other assets yesterday. That was an endurance run of its own kind.

Return to Claimed