Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-17 [Final]

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-17 [Final]

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 23 Apr 2013, 16:34

Lower Class Home
Exterior Location: #17 on this map

This is the home of the Curgusis family. Valdra Curgusis is a neat-freak so you'll want to reflect this in the interior.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tes96
P:C Reviewer

Re: Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-17 [Unclaimed]

Postby Tes96 » 16 Jan 2014, 04:24

I'm claiming the Curgusis family home. My first claim here.
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Re: Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-17 [Tes96]

Postby Scamp » 16 Jan 2014, 14:00

Go go go! Winner winner chicken dinner!

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 17 Feb 2014, 02:57

It has been a month, this needs an update with a WIP.
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 17 Feb 2014, 05:47

Just adding objects and clutter. The mixture of poor and regular com furniture doesn't look very good in my opinion but apparently that's all that is available to use at the moment. :/

http://imageshack.com/a/img824/4795/e6fb.jpg
Attachments
Clean PC_i1-17.ESP
Muribus Curgusis
(13.84 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Mwgek

Postby Mwgek » 17 Feb 2014, 17:47

There are new Rugs in the latest Data files, try using some of those. Poor furniture is on the way.

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 17 Feb 2014, 19:59

Mwgek wrote:There are new Rugs in the latest Data files, try using some of those. Poor furniture is on the way.
How soon do you think the poor furniture will be uploaded? If it's going to be a couple weeks, I can hold off on this and work on my other interior for Tamriel-Rebuilt in the mean time until they are ready.

Mwgek

Postby Mwgek » 18 Feb 2014, 00:31

Just finished two racks, will finish a side table tomorrow.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 18 Feb 2014, 00:55

As soon as those pieces are done along with the drawers griff is making, I will add them to data.
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 18 Feb 2014, 01:59

SamirA wrote:As soon as those pieces are done along with the drawers griff is making, I will add them to data.

Thanks. Are poor containers being made too, apart from static objects? Like hutches, drawers, crates, etc...?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 18 Feb 2014, 02:32

Crates are crates, I already mentioned drawers, these are poor people hutches aren't exactly a necessity... i'd imagine them making do with a rack on a drawer or shelves. Maybe one gets made, but I don't think it needs to be.
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 21 Feb 2014, 03:13

Are we not adding light sources for the PC_In_Str_Windows?

Also, we have PC_Furn_Com_fp_stand but no fireplace broom or dustpan like what TR has. Or am I just not seeing it?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 21 Feb 2014, 04:47

I have not added them yet, I'll add them in the next update along with the few new meshes we just got. As for windows, we are going to take care of lighting once Stirk ints are done. Scamp and I have discussed doing some lighting similar to what is seen at SHotN, we just have to figure out how we want to do it here then we will implement it and then interior people will do their own after we have an example.
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 21 Feb 2014, 23:47

SamirA wrote:I have not added them yet, I'll add them in the next update along with the few new meshes we just got. As for windows, we are going to take care of lighting once Stirk ints are done. Scamp and I have discussed doing some lighting similar to what is seen at SHotN, we just have to figure out how we want to do it here then we will implement it and then interior people will do their own after we have an example.

Do you have an idea of when the next update will be? Will it be within the next week?
I try to keep my interiors fairly dark, as that is more realistic. Candle light in real life is not bright by any means. TESIV did a pretty good job at keeping their interiors and caves dark.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 22 Feb 2014, 02:59

Tes96 wrote:
SamirA wrote:I have not added them yet, I'll add them in the next update along with the few new meshes we just got. As for windows, we are going to take care of lighting once Stirk ints are done. Scamp and I have discussed doing some lighting similar to what is seen at SHotN, we just have to figure out how we want to do it here then we will implement it and then interior people will do their own after we have an example.

Do you have an idea of when the next update will be? Will it be within the next week?
I try to keep my interiors fairly dark, as that is more realistic. Candle light in real life is not bright by any means. TESIV did a pretty good job at keeping their interiors and caves dark.

How does now sound?
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 22 Feb 2014, 05:48

SamirA wrote:
Tes96 wrote:

How does now sound?

Wow! Thank you to whoever made those models. :mrgreen: The poor containers look outstanding! I hope to have this finished by the end of the weekend.

:?: Are Amphora and Clay containers used in Stirk? Or are those saved for mainland Cyrodiil? I don't want to use something that would seem "out of place".

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 22 Feb 2014, 07:21

The amphora are used, the new jars/urns were designed for use with the barrows, but I don't see why they should only be used there.
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 24 Feb 2014, 06:36

The Curgusis home is complete.
After comparing and contrasting my interior with all the other interiors that were finished, I decided to keep the rugs and tapestries to a minimum. The Curgusis' are poor and they wouldn't have a lot of nice things like rugs and tapestries.

I'm sure everybody is aware that rugs and tapestries are hand made and not done in a factory, and thus, one rug or tapestry takes at least a year to make, depending on its size. So, something that takes a whole year to make probably costs a lot of money due to the labor and time. But enough of that.

I've placed open crates with empty bottles since Muribus collects garbage and miscellaneous items from other people's homes (I guess stuff they leave outside or something), which is also why I placed lots of PC_crates_misc containers in the house.
There are only three people living here but I'm thinking that this interior, due to its large size, was meant to house a lot more people. And so I've placed two extra beds in rooms that are currently not being used for living quarters. One is on the second floor and is used as a storage. The bed is laying on its side against the wall. The other room is downstairs and its very barren.

Overall, I think this home will be a good contrast to the other homes. The Player will be able to differentiate the living style and design from a poor housing unit to an average home or manor. I've kept the style that TerrifyingDaedricFoe had in mind, in that Valdra keeps the place clean. There is nothing on the floor, except for Sergio's room. But that's his own personal space. The rest of the house is rather well kept.

And even though I'm using the latest data, there is still TONS of caspering on the tile sets. These models really need to be fixed. It just looks awful. Or, the wooden diagonal piece that would fill in the gap could be made as an individual part. That would be the best approach I think. And any of our modellers could make it in a matter of minutes. Hell, I'll make it if you guys will let me.
Attachments
Clean PC_i1-17.ESP
Curgusis home
(29.76 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 24 Feb 2014, 06:48

What the... I thought that white design texture had been replaced.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 24 Feb 2014, 13:34

If you left that in your final, then no, this is not finished. There are ways to fix or avoid that issue.
Project Coordinator

Next

Return to Completed