Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-35 [Final]

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Re: Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-35 [FINALIZING]

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 05 Jun 2013, 12:16

Well, the landmass dependency is stupid and I should have spotted it at the time. It's not big deal though? In my copy of the file on my computer I don't have a TR_Data dependency, so I think Alex added that himself. The finished version that I actually uploaded to the forum is now unavailable, so I can't check that.

I was unsure about the attic, but I needed a vertical wall to hang the tapestry on. That's why I uploaded a shell (which I don't normally do) for someone to check, and SamirA said it was fine. If anyone wants to change it to fit the exterior better then be my guest.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 05 Jun 2013, 18:34

SamirA wrote:The attic doesn't need to follow the roof line necessarily, if it is made of walls and fits within the border then it is fine.

Well, I certainly disagree with you there. If we are that picky about windows being in the right place, we should be even more picky regarding building shape. Obviously it is a lot more likely someone would spot an obvious difference between exterior and interior shell than it is that someone would walk around a building and automatically know where all the windows are at. It is, in fact, very obviously not fitting the exterior in this case.

Besides, the only thing this attic has in common with the exterior roof is the fact that it should be 3x3.

Anyway I don't feel like fixing it so if someone brings this up it's on you :P

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:In my copy of the file on my computer I don't have a TR_Data dependency, so I think Alex added that himself.

Ugh, alex. No comment.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:I was unsure about the attic, but I needed a vertical wall to hang the tapestry on. That's why I uploaded a shell (which I don't normally do) for someone to check, and SamirA said it was fine. If anyone wants to change it to fit the exterior better then be my guest.

No that's quite reasonable. I would have just made it a basement though, but I guess it's too late now as I really don't feel like fixing interiors to that kind of extent.

Anyway, no offense. I was merely pointing this out. To be honest though, I'd prefer if we either made future attics fit the exterior properly or if we made none at all.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 05 Jun 2013, 18:48

Tbh, it would probably be better to have a basement. At the moment I think this is the only interior in Stirk to have an attic so it's quite obvious that it's something out of the ordinary. A basement would be less conspicuous unless we go through lots of other interiors adding attics, which I don't think anyone wants.

If we leave it for now I'd be willing to axe the attic and make a basement when I've got a bit of free time. It shouldn't take too long. I'd just have to move a few baskets and stuff on the ground floor and put a trapdoor in. I could even partially cover the trapdoor with junk to convey the idea that he's trying to hide it.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 05 Jun 2013, 18:54

You don't think it is logical for someone to build walls in their attic to make a room rather than have the roof pitch as the walls?

This attic will not work though, I agree. Not because it doesn't have little slanty roof pieces in use, but because it uses vertical walls at the same width as the lower floors which would mean they should intersect the slanty roof bits and therefore this does not fit. If it were to be shrunk to a 2x2 it can work just fine.

Moving it to a basement works just fine TDF.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 06 Jun 2013, 16:22

Thanks for the cooperation, guys. SamirA, yes, it would be logical for someone to do that, but in this case it's not appropriate as the house is not large enough overall to make it three floors + an attic with vertical walls.

Anyway, what you described seemed to be just about what I thought about it, too.

TDF, those are valid points indeed. Since you're going to work on Stirk for a fair amount of time anyway, I don't think you need to worry about this, you can just do it whenever you feel like it.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Re: Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-35 [TerrifyingDaedricFoe]

Postby Rattfink333 » 07 Jun 2013, 00:38

OK, gonna slide this back to claimed. Get to it when you have the free time from the other stirk stuff you have on your plate right now. Thanks
Paladin of Vaermina

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 07 Jun 2013, 00:53

When TDF gets to it, just send it back to finalizing rather than to reviewing because only minor changes need to be done to fix this and a final review will suffice.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 16 Jan 2014, 18:46

Turned the attic into a basement. For some reason it's dependent on PC_Landmass and I can't get Enchanted Editor to work in order to get rid of it.
Attachments
Clean Clean PC_i1-35.ESP
(20.5 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 17 Jan 2014, 05:05

I should be able to remove it with TESDTK once it is finished.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 17 Jan 2014, 09:37

I tried to download TESDTK but I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet. All the links to it that I found were to dead sites.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 17 Jan 2014, 13:48

I'll upload it here somewhere later today.
Attachments
TESDTK.7z
(57.71 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 21 Jan 2014, 16:46

I moved it to Reviewing because I've got the power. :)

Any chance of getting TESDKT uploaded, SamirA?
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 22 Jan 2014, 01:39

I edited it into my previous post.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 29 Jan 2014, 19:23

Approved. I removed the PC_landmass dependency as well.

-replaced window & fireplace
-replaced vanilla small chests
-furn_log_01 was slightly floating
-furn_com_rm_bookshelf_02 was floating (x2)
-misc_com_metal_plate_05 was slightly bleeding and floating (x4)
-misc_imp_silverware_plate_03 was slightly bleeding (x4)
-PC_In_Str_pillar_w was caspering (x3)
-Misc_Quill needed adjustments
-light_com_candle_10_128 was floating
-added some bookend thing
-renamed PC_bk_nightingale to PC_i1-35_bk_01
-minor adjustments (x3)
Attachments
PC_i1-35_final.ESP
(20.69 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

Previous

Return to Completed