Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-9 [Final]

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-9 [Final]

Postby SamirA » 26 Mar 2012, 23:18

Safe Harbor (Inn)
Exterior Location: #9 on this map

Bernardo the stockbroker has a room here. As does Valanyra and Frolix and Pella.

In addition to a room for the PC, a couple rooms should be open to guests of Pilious.
Project Coordinator

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Re: Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-9 [Unclaimed]

Postby Rattfink333 » 02 Jun 2012, 20:05

Claim Claim!
Paladin of Vaermina

SamirA

Re: Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-9 [Rattfink333]

Postby SamirA » 02 Jun 2012, 22:31

Make sure to check the linked threads. Enjoy.
Project Coordinator

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 03 Jun 2012, 05:55

7 rooms. 3 will be set aside. question, the owners live here, so two more rooms are x'd off. that leaves two rooms. Will that be ok? Second question. you'll assign ownership for the beds at the npc stage, right?
(edited)
i could fit in a basement and add a couple more rooms if you want.
Paladin of Vaermina

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 03 Jun 2012, 06:08

Basement if you want, not necessary. NPC's will be assigned in the next stage, but you should leave a note in your final post that lists who should be where.
Project Coordinator

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 03 Jun 2012, 17:29

I have finagled it up to eight rooms, this is the shell
Attachments
PC_i1-9.ESP
shell
(9.86 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Paladin of Vaermina

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 11 Jun 2012, 01:49

Done, okay nuts and bolts.
bernardo has the last room on third floor. he has a chest in room that will need to be personalized.

Frolix and pella, first and largest room on third floor. They share the bed.

Valanyra, Room with the bay window on second floor. She has two chests. They should be loaded up for her.

Ereldor and Astillin have the largest room on the second floor. which is the largest room for quarters in the building(they are the owners, and altmer too boot) it is right next to Valanrya's.

Moreil has the last room on the second floor. Across from Valanrya. His has a window.

That leaves one room on the ground floor, and two others on the third floor for other guests.
Attachments
PC_i1-9.ESP
finished
(47.94 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Paladin of Vaermina

SamirA

Re: Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-9 [REVIEWING]

Postby SamirA » 11 Jun 2012, 02:05

Off to review.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Re: Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-9 [REVIEWING]

Postby Scamp » 15 Jun 2012, 14:53

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review:

-northmarker was wrong by 0.3 degrees
-Illegal to sleep here not checked!!
-light_com_sconce_01 wasn't supported by the column
-minor adjustments (x6)
-com_drawers_01 was very slightly bleeding
-no idea whether you know it, but paper sheets should be sunk a bit as they float if only 'f'ed once
-I don't think bk_BoethiahPillowBook is appropriate here. It was used exactly 1 time in the game
-chest_small_02_rndgold was facing the back of the bookshelf
-not sure if you think the expensive potions have pointed bottoms, but they don't.
-two books were not supported
-you should really lock chests containing more than 25 gold

Comments. Very nice shell and general layout. It was a bit weird how you mixed general com items and silverware things, because when you start placing that much silverware (which was appropriate) there is no need to use poorly-looking candlesticks, so I replaced all of them with silver ones.

Also, these rooms need to be either very well locked or e.g. the amount of glass items should be removed. If the player goes on a stealing spree in this interior, he will be richer by at least 100K gold.
I did not replace the Ayleid and Dwemer coins in Frolix and Pella's room. As far as I am concerned, Dwemer items are illegal, at least in Morrowind, and I am not sure about letting these things stay there out in the open without any sign of hiding. It made sense after reading the character outlines, though I'd strongly suggest that we remove these items if SamirA so desires. Thanks.
Attachments
PC_i1-9_r.ESP
(47.96 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Re: Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-9 [FINALIZING]

Postby Rattfink333 » 16 Jun 2012, 00:31

I do believe the doors need locking. just left that for npcing since the various npc's will need keys. i thought that with inn's you didn't set illegal to sleep. but set ownership for beds. then added a script to the player sold one.

And can you toss me the exact formula for northmarkering. i thought i had all these right.
Paladin of Vaermina

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 16 Jun 2012, 11:53

AFAIK it's only trade in Dunmer items that's illegal, because the Emperor forbids it. Presumably you're still allowed to own them if you acquire them legally. It makes sense that a pair of archaeologists would have some.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 16 Jun 2012, 15:59

Rattfink333 wrote:i thought that with inn's you didn't set illegal to sleep. but set ownership for beds. then added a script to the player sold one.

Illegal to sleep here doesn't mean you can't sleep in beds, it means you can't rest via the "rest" key to get level-ups. There would be no point in selling beds to the player if he could just press that key and get his level-up.
The general idea of inns is that people rent rooms when inside a town to avoid having to go into the wilderness for resting. Illegal to sleep here just prevents the player from pitching up a tent in a house, which would really make no sense. So, yes, taverns should have illegal to sleep here checked, doesn't have anything to do with beds. (Just look at vanilla taverns, they all have it checked)

Rattfink333 wrote:And can you toss me the exact formula for northmarkering. i thought i had all these right.

Don't mind my little northmarker adjustments. I think I am the only reviewer ever to be so nitpicky about it. The way you do it, you just rotate them to get approximately the right direction, which is fine, though I like to get the exact figure when setting a northmarker, which is just 360 - [exterior door rotation]. Do it if you want, if you don't, it's actually fine but I'll just correct it since I am working with your interior anyway.
In short, your northmarkers were all right, just not entirely exact and I changed them to make me feel good and badass.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 16 Jun 2012, 16:04

I had been subtracting from the outside shell, not the door. that's probably why i am a little off. I'll use the door from now on.
Paladin of Vaermina

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 16 Jun 2012, 16:09

Oh sorry, that's because I just roughly rotated the doors to fit into the jamb because I am too lazy to get the exact numbers :x It would possibly make more sense to take the house mesh rotation, but let's make this official now that we use the door rotation.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 16 Jun 2012, 21:55

Well maybe all the doors in place where people live should have keys that can open them. I always thought it odd that there were all these locked doors ad no one had any keys for them.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Re: Stirk Interior Claim PC_i1-9 [Final]

Postby SamirA » 19 Jun 2012, 20:15

No changes made. The dwemer coins were left as Frolix and Pella have a special dispensation to have the coins. They are for teaching purposes and study. I felt that this would be sufficient if questions are asked. Had there been a large number I would have removed them but the small number of coins fits these characters and so long as we say they are not allowed to sell them and that the government knows they have them then it should be perfectly fine. Good stuff.
Attachments
PC_i1-9_r.ESP
(47.96 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 04 Jun 2013, 14:15

Oh btw, forget what I said about using the door rotation when setting the northmarker, I think Rattfink was right all along using the actual shell of the house. Makes more sense anyway

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 04 Jun 2013, 18:46

You know I'm not as picky as you on the doormarker anyway, it needs to face the right direction, but if it is of by .2 or something it really isn't a big issue.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 04 Jun 2013, 20:00

Yeah. I'll use the term "adjusted northmarker by so-and-so many degrees" from now on.

Return to Completed