Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-15 [Tes96]

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-15 [Tes96]

Postby Scamp » 31 Jan 2014, 17:35

Smoke Hole Cave. Please make sure you include this name in the cell ID already! Natural cave with some undead in it.

Exterior Location: #1 on this map

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-15 [Unclaimed]

Postby SamirA » 17 Feb 2014, 00:41

Unlocked for claiming.
Project Coordinator

Tes96
P:C Reviewer

Postby Tes96 » 07 Sep 2014, 20:25

I'll claim Smoke Hole Cave. It will be exactly the same as the TESIV version. Just kidding

Will include a few tombs and some goblin remnants.
Anything else specifically that should be in here? Any main quests or guild quests tied to this?
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 07 Sep 2014, 22:04

This would be a nice place for a Sloadic infiltrator, once we have those sorted out.

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 07 Sep 2014, 22:16

Infragris wrote:This would be a nice place for a Sloadic infiltrator, once we have those sorted out.

Uhhhh, I don't quite understand what you mean. I think you may be joking with me since Sload don't exist anymore.

As far as design, I'm going to try something different and use lots of separate cells instead of one huge cell like my last claim. (Gods, that thing gave me such a headache.)
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 07 Sep 2014, 22:39

Where did you hear that? The Sload where once nearly wiped out during the First Era, but all sources state their islands have risen again, and they have been spotted all over Tamriel:

We've also been talking about a possible place for the Sload in the mod hereand here.

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 08 Sep 2014, 15:40

Infragris wrote:Where did you hear that? The Sload where once nearly wiped out during the First Era, but all sources state their islands have risen again, and they have been spotted all over Tamriel:

We've also been talking about a possible place for the Sload in the mod hereand here.

(Man I really need to get it together with elder scrolls lore. Too bad there isn't a structured online class)

Do we have Sload assets in the construction set?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 09 Sep 2014, 00:49

Are you still claiming this?
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 09 Sep 2014, 15:29

SamirA wrote:Are you still claiming this?

Oh, yes, I am. I hadn't realized it wasn't moved to claim section.
I don't see any Sload assets in the construction set so I'm guessing that stuff will be added down the road.

This is a natural cave so would tombs in the deeper areas not be suitable? Or goblin remnants?

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 09 Sep 2014, 16:15

The Sload don't really need specific assets - their weird pod-hands can't grasp tools, so they just steal everything they want. They are greedy and weird, so that would include things they can't actually use themselves. A Sload hideout would look like a standard necromantic affair, but with a bit more opulence (stolen rugs and tapestries, jewels and gold). There are some low-res pics of N'Gasta's place in Redguard on this page.

That is, if you want to make this a Sload place. It's just a suggestion, and since the possible use of Sload in the mod is still a little hazy I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to take this in another direction.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 10 Sep 2014, 00:28

Granted.
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 10 Sep 2014, 21:46

Infragris wrote:The Sload don't really need specific assets - their weird pod-hands can't grasp tools, so they just steal everything they want. They are greedy and weird, so that would include things they can't actually use themselves. A Sload hideout would look like a standard necromantic affair, but with a bit more opulence (stolen rugs and tapestries, jewels and gold). There are some low-res pics of N'Gasta's place in Redguard on this page.

That is, if you want to make this a Sload place. It's just a suggestion, and since the possible use of Sload in the mod is still a little hazy I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to take this in another direction.

That would be very exciting to have Sload in here, Infragris. We can always come back to this interior to add in a few Sload objects. I would make it the very deepest part and require magic to enter. I imagine they use telekinesis extensively to move stuff and build things since they can't grab tools.

We don't even have to have Sload in here. I mean, you can add them later if you want to. But it can be a place that a traveling group of Sload came to once before and stayed for a short amount of time before moving on to somewhere else. Perhaps they were planning on living here but were discovered by adventurers and they decided to teleport out of Smoke Hole cave so that they would not be bothered by curious Colovians (that sounds like a charming child's fairy tale title; The Curious Colovian). And all that was left was their junk and treasures, at least all the not-so-important stuff. I'm sure the Sload would take with them anything of great value.

Those Redguard pictures make it difficult to tell what is in N'gasta's place but I get your idea; Necromancer stuff like potions, enchantments, alchemy tools, soul gems.... as well as paintings, gold coins, books... I'm thinking of a spear in the ground with Argonian & Khajiit skulls stacked onto it like a kabob. I think tombs would be appropriate since Sload have an affinity for dead bodies.

I'm thinking I'll make this cave somewhat like a maze, but with many different cells that are small. I'd like to have a secret entrance that the Sload would have made but I'm not sure how that would be done in this game, apart from a message box with a riddle like in Bloodmoon.
What about steam vents near the depths of the cave? It would give a reason why it's called "Smoke Hole Cave" . It would have to go pretty deep I would think.

Tes96

Re: Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-15 [Tes96]

Postby Tes96 » 30 Nov 2014, 02:38

Just posting an update that I'm still working on this cave, albeit slowly.

Tes96

Re: Gold Coast Interior Claim PC_i2-15 [Tes96]

Postby Tes96 » 09 Jan 2015, 15:42

Update: My laptop screen broke and I ordered a part which came in and I'll be getting it fixed today, if not tomorrow. No progress has been done on this claim since last update unfortunately.

Return to Claimed