Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anvil]

User avatar
Praedator
P:C Reviewer
 
Posts: 516
Joined: 02 Sep 2011, 18:52
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Praedator » 12 Aug 2014, 18:10

Worsas wrote:
Another hold up is the wallset, that prevents me from finishing the Rich quarter and a few other areas. The bridges don't hold up anything.
Another help would be the Anvil Banners but they don't hold up progress much.
Also the updated ingredients are needed to finish the food stalls.

Perhaps, it would be good to send Tarius a pm about the wallset. The bridges and banners are already in, btw. the ingredients are already updated aswell. Should I still wait on the property wallset by Tarius?


I hope Tarius reads my post today, if not I will send him a PM. If Tarius isn't done yet I would like to have the latest PC_Data, and add the wallset later..I can add it myself and add an _PC in front of them for easy recogition. Its not like anyone else is going to use them anytime soon.

Worsas wrote:If our modellers are up to it a windmill or two (for grain milling) would do good on the Lighthouse Peninsula, but thats just an 'extra' idea.
Not sure on that, honestly. Are there any farms in proximity? The only thing that we could have in terms of grain around here, would be the spikey rice. But rice usually isn't made into flour.


You have a good point, my insight was they import the grain, but well its not a must was just an idea, to make it look good.

Also Thank you Worsas for updating PC_Data so extensively, it will be very good I am sure.

User avatar
Praedator
P:C Reviewer
 
Posts: 516
Joined: 02 Sep 2011, 18:52
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Praedator » 15 Aug 2014, 17:44

I wonder if there is any progress on the Imperial Navy Banners?

User avatar
SamirA
P:C Coordinator
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 16:35
Location: Some interior in Tamriel

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby SamirA » 16 Aug 2014, 03:48

I thought they just needed to be applied. Or do you mean you would like the physical model of them for Anvil use now?
Project Coordinator

User avatar
Praedator
P:C Reviewer
 
Posts: 516
Joined: 02 Sep 2011, 18:52
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Praedator » 16 Aug 2014, 06:10

well I am going to need them before I finish cluttering Anvil, or someone else must include them later.

User avatar
Praedator
P:C Reviewer
 
Posts: 516
Joined: 02 Sep 2011, 18:52
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Praedator » 17 Aug 2014, 11:11

I have started putting lanterns, banners and signs in Anvil and came across following:

There are no signs for following guilds;

Imperial Cult
Thieves Guild
Silk Weavers Guild
Order of The Lily

There are no signs for:
Stables
Coach Company
Grand Casino
Anvil Boating Club
Alchemist
Apothecary (can be same as alchemist really)
Jeweler
Scrollls/Magic Items

Also I need the names of all shops, so I can name the signs.

Maybe we should use a different (coloured) banner for the Anvil Guard, to differentiate which buildings ars guardhouses.

Would someone be so kind to pick this up please?
Attachments
Anvil Interior Designations 02 Aug-14.jpg

User avatar
SamirA
P:C Coordinator
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 16:35
Location: Some interior in Tamriel

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby SamirA » 17 Aug 2014, 16:01

Yes, some new signs would be good to have.

If you mean a different color than the Anvil banner, that wouldn't make much sense as the guards will be wearing that color. I think another sign texture would be a better way to go, so simply add that to the list of new signs we would like. These signs should match well with the vanilla ones that will be in une.
Project Coordinator

User avatar
Praedator
P:C Reviewer
 
Posts: 516
Joined: 02 Sep 2011, 18:52
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Praedator » 17 Aug 2014, 16:08

SamirA wrote:Yes, some new signs would be good to have.

If you mean a different color than the Anvil banner, that wouldn't make much sense as the guards will be wearing that color. I think another sign texture would be a better way to go, so simply add that to the list of new signs we would like. These signs should match well with the vanilla ones that will be in une.


The vanilla signs are the wooden ones, with a print. and also have different carved outline shapes. If you want a different sign on same colour banner for Guardhouses, that is even better than what I suggested :)

We will need the signs in other cities as well, so not a bad investment.

User avatar
SamirA
P:C Coordinator
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 16:35
Location: Some interior in Tamriel

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby SamirA » 17 Aug 2014, 16:12

I know, and no I meant a sign for guards that could be used universally across Cyrodiil on guard houses like the wooden vanilla signs. The guards wear the symbol and color of their city so having a different color banner or different symbol on the banner would be a little odd imo. Now if Jiub wanted to come up with a new symbol for the guards to be put on banners we can do it that way, it just seems strange they would be identified using a different symbol on a banner than that of the city emblem they will have on their chest. If we go that route a new Stirk guard banner will be needed as well.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager
 
Posts: 847
Joined: 17 Mar 2011, 20:55

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Worsas » 17 Aug 2014, 16:18

Silk Weavers Guild

The silk weavers guild should have its base in the nibenay as the silk weaving is a nibenese matter. But the call for one of the misc guild basements to be in Anvil is a good one, though.

In case of those smaller craftsmen guilds, I think the proposal was that there is only one headquarter in Cyrodiil and the guild otherwise being represented by the members of the profession rather than branches throughout the guild.

User avatar
Praedator
P:C Reviewer
 
Posts: 516
Joined: 02 Sep 2011, 18:52
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Praedator » 17 Aug 2014, 17:18

The matter of the SIlk Weavers Guild first came up in relation to the harbor warehouses: it was suggested to use one as a depot for the SWG's export business (silk is supposed to be a major export good for Cyrodiil). It was never the intention to have a fully operational guildhall in Anvil, only a warehouse and a local overseer.
Attachments
TES Construction Set 2014-08-17 18-44-50-56.jpg

roerich
P:C Modder
 
Posts: 61
Joined: 29 Apr 2013, 21:55

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby roerich » 17 Aug 2014, 18:08

The Thieves Guild having a sign doesn't make sense to me.

User avatar
Praedator
P:C Reviewer
 
Posts: 516
Joined: 02 Sep 2011, 18:52
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Praedator » 17 Aug 2014, 18:18

roerich wrote:The Thieves Guild having a sign doesn't make sense to me.



It is an official guild in Cyrodiil, and are recognized by Imperial rule, so why not?

User avatar
Infragris
Head of Lore
 
Posts: 425
Joined: 23 Jun 2013, 19:46

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Infragris » 17 Aug 2014, 18:26

The Thieves Guild is not recognized by Imperial rule. Where did you hear that?

About the Silk Weavers Guild: the matter first came up in relation to the various warehouses at the harbor: it was suggested to make one of them a depot for the Abecean silk trade (silk is supposed to be a major export good for Cyrodiil). There's not supposed to be an actual guildhall here, only a warehouse full of silk and an overseer from the guild.

User avatar
Praedator
P:C Reviewer
 
Posts: 516
Joined: 02 Sep 2011, 18:52
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Praedator » 17 Aug 2014, 18:57

Infragris wrote:The Thieves Guild is not recognized by Imperial rule. Where did you hear that?

About the Silk Weavers Guild: the matter first came up in relation to the various warehouses at the harbor: it was suggested to make one of them a depot for the Abecean silk trade (silk is supposed to be a major export good for Cyrodiil). There's not supposed to be an actual guildhall here, only a warehouse full of silk and an overseer from the guild.


Ohh that has been my imagination, it being imperial and all. No need for a sign then...

And its not a particular large (guild)building, and located behind the warehouses along the docks.

Worsas
Asset Manager
 
Posts: 847
Joined: 17 Mar 2011, 20:55

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Worsas » 17 Aug 2014, 22:23

Imperial Cult - The Imperial cult in mw doesn't have signs. I'd say we can save us this one.
Thieves Guild - as said above.
Silk Weavers Guild - no sign needed as it is not a branch office of the guild in any way. This is only a storehouse for silk and possibly other worthwhile goods.
Order of The Lily - No sign needed. The placement and character of the building is sufficient.

Stables - Probably a good idea.

Grand Casino - I'd call it something like "Anvil Gambling Palace". You could consider it as some kind of Casino. I'd just avoid the term Casino, but that is just a minor detail.

Coach Company - the same sign as the stables. It seems like a weird idea on a first glimpse to have such a thing, but it could work as the imperials do such things.

Anvil Boating Club - I think this should be rather the Census & Excise Office of Anvil, as the latter is missing yet.

Alchemist - if you are already using vanilla signs for weapon smith and clothier (they are not listed as requests at least), why not use the vanilla sign for alchemists aswell? There is one used by active_sign_c_alchemy_01, for example. Then again, seeing that we have to create signs anyway, it would be the best to create the whole set of signs from scratch in a fitting way as I don't think I want to create further signs that look like vanilla ones.

Apothecary - the same sign as alchemist.
Jeweler - Yes
Scrollls/Magic Items - Yes

Lastly on the Imperial Navy buildings: This should be a small citadel made of legion fort pieces as the Imperial Navy is the marine sister of the Imperial Legion. Definetively no regular building.

Keep in mind that Balmora alone had 4 taverns and this city is larger and much more cosmopolitan. I would turn some of the houses into taverns as you should encounter taverns more or less in all corners of the city. Maybe make 1-2 less shops, if needed and have the trade mostly around the marketplaces. Just a suggestion

The poor brothel should get a sign aswell, I think. The upper class one shouldn't have one though.

User avatar
Praedator
P:C Reviewer
 
Posts: 516
Joined: 02 Sep 2011, 18:52
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Praedator » 17 Aug 2014, 22:47

Worsas wrote:Imperial Cult - The Imperial cult in mw doesn't have signs. I'd say we can save us this one.


That is mainly because they always were inside Imperial forts, and not seperate buildings I reckon.

Worsas wrote:Thieves Guild - as said above.
Silk Weavers Guild - no sign needed as it is not a branch office of the guild in any way. This is only a storehouse for silk and possibly other worthwhile goods.
Order of The Lily - No sign needed. The placement and character of the building is sufficient.


Agreed.

Worsas wrote:Stables - Probably a good idea.
Coach Company - the same sign as the stables. It seems like a weird idea on a first glimpse to have such a thing, but it could work as the imperials do such things.

Grand Casino - I'd call it something like "Anvil Gambling Palace". You could consider it as some kind of Casino. I'd just avoid the term Casino, but that is just a minor detail.


OK Gambling Palace it is, but can I have a sign for it?

Worsas wrote:Anvil Boating Club - I think this should be rather the Census & Excise Office of Anvil, as the latter is missing yet.


I rather turn the TG Guild building in a CEO building, and leave the TG at the pawnbroker and inn in poor quarter. The Anvil Boating Club is a high society club, I used boating because it has its own longboat harbour. under the terracies.

Worsas wrote:Alchemist - if you are already using vanilla signs for weapon smith and clothier (they are not listed as requests at least), why not use the vanilla sign for alchemists aswell? There is one used by active_sign_c_alchemy_01, for example. Then again, seeing that we have to create signs anyway, it would be the best to create the whole set of signs from scratch in a fitting way as I don't think I want to create further signs that look like vanilla ones.Apothecary - the same sign as alchemist.


I overlooked the Alchemist sign somehow. Well then we should tinker on Stirk as well, replacing used signs I mean.

Worsas wrote:Jeweler - Yes
Scrollls/Magic Items - Yes


OK.

Worsas wrote:Lastly on the Imperial Navy buildings: This should be a small citadel made of legion fort pieces as the Imperial Navy is the marine sister of the Imperial Legion. Definetively no regular building.


Imo the fort pieces will stand out a lot, and I am afraid it won't fit the city interior well, shall we ask everyones opinion on that?

Worsas wrote:Keep in mind that Balmora alone had 4 taverns and this city is larger and much more cosmopolitan. I would turn some of the houses into taverns as you should encounter taverns more or less in all corners of the city. Maybe make 1-2 less shops, if needed and have the trade mostly around the marketplaces. Just a suggestion

The poor brothel should get a sign aswell, I think. The upper class one shouldn't have one though.


If you look at the map, the shops are for 95% around marketplaces, Inns along entrances, edges and passenger harbour, I could make maybe 2 more inns.
I agree on the Brothels' signs.

User avatar
SamirA
P:C Coordinator
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 16:35
Location: Some interior in Tamriel

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby SamirA » 18 Aug 2014, 02:15

I'd prefer the Naval buildings remain as they are. Most military buildings that are not specifically to be used as fortifications tend to be nice ornate impressive buildings especially when you talk about the navy which does not generally deal with fortified land positions.

In fact here are a couple of link showing this sort of distinction between the Army and Navy here in the US.
This is West Point, home of the Army's school producing future officers: https://www.google.com/search?q=west+po ... 3#imgdii=_
it looks rather like a fortified position and is very sturdy looking.
This is Annapolis where the Naval college is: https://www.google.com/search?q=annapol ... h&imgdii=_
it looks much more ornate and governmental, more like something you would see in Washington DC rather than a large fort.
Project Coordinator

roerich
P:C Modder
 
Posts: 61
Joined: 29 Apr 2013, 21:55

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby roerich » 18 Aug 2014, 07:22

Praedator wrote:
Worsas wrote:Lastly on the Imperial Navy buildings: This should be a small citadel made of legion fort pieces as the Imperial Navy is the marine sister of the Imperial Legion. Definetively no regular building.


Imo the fort pieces will stand out a lot, and I am afraid it won't fit the city interior well, shall we ask everyones opinion on that?


The current (vanilla set) yes, but the retexture will hopefully fit the GC perfectly and Anvil style decently.

Worsas
Asset Manager
 
Posts: 847
Joined: 17 Mar 2011, 20:55

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Worsas » 18 Aug 2014, 08:30

Prae, can you possibly pause on Anvil for 2-3 days until we have a clearer idea of what is going into this city and what not? I don't like where this is going at all at the moment and I don't want you to waste time on places that really should may get stomped in (or changed in purpose).

We would have needed more time to think everything through. At the moment so many things are discussed concurrently, that we have not managed to perform proper planning on the actual buildings in Anvil.

Edit: Sorry man. I know I'm a bit late on the party regarding this. It seems that I only really looked thorough enough at the moment it went onto me to provide signs for several locations.

User avatar
Praedator
P:C Reviewer
 
Posts: 516
Joined: 02 Sep 2011, 18:52
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-7 + P6-7 + O6-7 [Praedator] [Anv

Postby Praedator » 18 Aug 2014, 09:51

Well sorry Worsas, I rather have it revoked than that I work on changing stuff at this stage. This way you can change what you want. About 75% of the cluttering is done, most work is the seabottom and gardens with the yet unavailable wallset. Furthermore most areas still need lanterns and signs.

I will upload the latest file this evening as I am at work atm.

[Edit] I have spent 3 weeks hard work lets say 15 hours a day, took a week off from work to get this far, so I am cranky about the fact you haven't come forward with your ideas and opinions during the first 2 weeks were i have posted the designation map several times....also I have changed quite a bit according the remarks I got at THAT moment. I just go mad working this way and that makes me instable psychologically, and I don't want nor need that pressure from anyone...no pun intended.

PreviousNext

Return to Claimed



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron