wolli-ish concept.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

wolli-ish concept.

Postby Wollibeebee » 26 Aug 2011, 02:48

i was reading a book today, and i got a little idea for the jerral mountains and bruma.

ok, i'm not sure how to explain it, but i like imagine that bruma is built where it's been built because it's the only safe passage through -into skyrim.

so like.. bruma has huge walls, that kept things out\in, i'm not sure if they need them, i don't know if imperials and nords have ever had a war against each other, (i need to check). or if aylied have, i'm just writting down my idea.

and then there's cloud ruler temple. which, In oblivion was crap. so how about making it so that cloud ruler temple actually looks good?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23627856/wallpaper-471.jpg

my idea is that the temple will look over both cyrodiil and skyrim. and there will be a small mountain path leading up from bruma, up to the temple. so it's like.... the biggest guard tower over this "entrance"; that is bruma, as well as it being the blades HQ. (also weren't blades originally some sorta nordic special guard? so the idea that it looks over both skyrim and cyrodiil is... symbolic)

also, if cloud ruler temple is akavir-inspired, then perhaps the wall around bruma could be like china's great wall?

http://www.paulnoll.com/China/Tourism/G ... l-snow.jpg

though, i don't think that the wall should go across the whole of the jerral mountains, the mountains do a good enough job of keeping people from crossing, so only the place that IS cross-able is where the wall is/ where the town has been built.

just my thoughts, might aswell write them down before i forget.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: wolli-ish concept.

Postby Tarius » 26 Aug 2011, 03:24

Hey, I thought it looked good. I did think it was kinda small though and should have had a much larger inner space.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 26 Aug 2011, 13:30

Can't access the second link. I like the first one though, nice idea; However, it does feel large. Maybe too large. On the other side, we are still making Cyrodiil in a different way.

Revenant
P:C Legend

Postby Revenant » 26 Aug 2011, 14:37

That is some beautiful artwork in the first link. I'm unsure about what you are suggesting here though. The central building is way too big for Cloud Ruler alone but then the smaller one up top would be in Skyrim if Bruma is to be part of the Skyrim-Cyrodiil border pass. I'm not sure if lore specifically states that Cloud Ruler Temple is exactly due north of Bruma, that could be worked around anyway though through border fitting.

The "cement" parts of that building look quite Dunmeri, even so, I'd still love to see some kind of adaption of that main building in our vision for Cloud ruler temple just because it's great looking - we can always work some akaviri-ness into it.

Doodled over it to give an idea of what I was thinking

Imagine Bruma nestled into the space at the bottom of the picture (you'll have to 'cause I was too lazy to paint it in).

Edited for clarity

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 26 Aug 2011, 18:51

Love the concept, but I think Cloud Ruler should be further away from Bruma and better hidden. It doesn't make much sense that there's this super-secret Blades headquarters five minutes' walk from the town.

Lady Nerevar
P:C Legend

Postby Lady Nerevar » 26 Aug 2011, 19:20

On the other hand, I don't recall CRT being mentioned prior to Oblivion. Since ya'll are already forgoing other OB lore, you could make CRT a public and famous institution (a symbol of imperial power, a homage/appeasement to the Empire's Nordic roots, etc.) looming over Bruma. Personally, I think having that giant thing on top of a cliff and little tiny wooden Bruma at the bottom would look great.

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 26 Aug 2011, 19:26

I'm not sure if we're so much forgoing Oblivion lore as amending it. If it's actually stated at any point in Oblivion that Cloud Ruler Temple is intended to be a more-or-less hidden base then we should probably stay true to that aspect. However, if that is only implied and never outright stated that we might have a little more creative freedom with it.

Even if it were to be hidden that doesn't mean we can't come up with creative ways of making it still a bit more large and extravagant while still reasonably concealed.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 26 Aug 2011, 20:09

I agree with DJGamer here. The amending route would be the safe route and I like the idea of a Cloudruler Fortress that is actually really well hidden, although i have no idea how to do it with the height-limitation we have to cope with.

I'd love to have both, personally, such a majestic cloudruler fortress but one that is hidden in the most hardest to find corner of the jerall mountains. Right now I'm imagining a deep crater-sea somewhere with a steep slope rising towards sky and that cloud ruler temple standing on the cliffs. And there would have to be several peaks hiding that place from view.

I don't know. Scamp could maybe estimate the doability of such a thing the best of us all. The space availible for such a thing is limited, I know. And it is only an idea, I had.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 26 Aug 2011, 20:19

Worsas wrote:I'd love to have both, personally, such a majestic cloudruler fortress but one that is hidden in the most hardest to find corner of the jerall mountains

That would be good, I agree. It wouldn't necessarily have to be unknown, just remote and inaccessible (to the point where most people will only know it by reputation).

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 26 Aug 2011, 21:44

That is a very good way to view it Helena. That is how I think of the Oblivion one anyway. It isn't really hidden but it is remote. I think we could do an even better job of this though and truly make something grand that is still hidden away in the mountains that border Cyrodiil and Skyrim.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 27 Aug 2011, 00:04

i agree with lady N though :P.

also, with that picture i hadn't meant to make out that CRT should be... that big... but more like it should be that high, and looking down through the only passage into skyrim. though we wouldn't use a river, ofc.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 27 Aug 2011, 12:26

Uhm well, I do like the idea of a high and huge CRT. I agree it would be entirely possible to allow a larger CRT and still have it hidden and remote. The mountainous landscape allows for great possiblities and has a lot of potential, and we can make use of that.

Actually, I am very fond of the idea that CRT is kind of overlooking both Cyrodiil and Skyrim, it adds a nice touch. It doesn't necessarily have to be dominating over Bruma like that but the general idea is fine in my opinion.
I'd also like it to be a fortress that is maybe not that hidden but only accessible by remote paths leading up to the elevated thing, that was really a weak point of the temple in Oblivion.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 27 Aug 2011, 18:21

Scamp wrote:I'd also like it to be a fortress that is maybe not that hidden but only accessible by remote paths leading up to the elevated thing, that was really a weak point of the temple in Oblivion.

I agree with this. That place has been around for quite a while, so its location wouldnt exactly be secret.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Return to Jerral Mountains