Cheydinhal ideas thread

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Cheydinhal ideas thread

Postby Saint_Jiub » 09 Jan 2013, 05:56

Of course Cheydinhal will be one of the last areas to get developed and is years and years down the road... but that doesn't mean we can't start thinking about it!

In particular, I stumbled on a picture of the rumah gadang architectural style of Indonesia, and, to me, this is exactly how Cheydinhal should look. It has elements of its in-game depiction from Oblivion, particularly in the purplish, concave roof, and is visually compatible with our other Imperial architecture sets so far, but it also looks a lot like something the Dunmer would come up with (and eliminates the need for the nonsensical "half-timbering is a Dunmer style" handwave of the Keyes novels).

Here's some more info about the style in question: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumah_Gadang

Ald_Moth
P:C Modder

Re: Cheydinhal ideas thread

Postby Ald_Moth » 05 Mar 2014, 01:19

Reminds me of the the High Chapel in Mournhold.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 05 Mar 2014, 16:29

I think this would rather be something to be expected in Nibenay rather than in Colovia.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 06 Mar 2014, 00:26

With Cheydenhal, can we keep the architectural style from Oblivion? I quite like that one. If we can get the models anyway.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 06 Mar 2014, 19:44

That kind of Indonesian style has been used for the Khajiit by ESO, somewhat. Of course, we don't have to pay any attention to what ESO is doing, but you have to admit it makes a bit more sense. Dunmeri architecture is arguably the most developed and showcased style in the entire series, so I'm not sure if we need to drag in any external influences. If anything, something like Byzantine or other eastern Mediterranean styles would be more fitting.

Return to Nibenay Basin