Colovian Highlands references and description

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Colovian Highlands references and description

Postby Tarius » 09 Jun 2013, 00:31

Wollibeebee wrote:Thanks guys. Not the reaction I was excepting, I still think all my rocks look like deformed potatoes. :P
I think I'm going to put this on hold for a wee while, I'll help Scamp with the West Weald seeing as Worsas has stepped damn. :) Better to not be spread thing anyway.

Obviously you were thinking something else here.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 09 Jun 2013, 00:41

Tarius wrote:
Wollibeebee wrote:Thanks guys. Not the reaction I was excepting, I still think all my rocks look like deformed potatoes. :P
I think I'm going to put this on hold for a wee while, I'll help Scamp with the West Weald seeing as Worsas has stepped damn. :) Better to not be spread thing anyway.

Obviously you were thinking something else here.

I do think not what you say.

EDIT: snail help, brain concussed.

But really, I just got out of bed, it's freezing. I was checking here, BSGF, Reddit and Facebook whilst eating breakfast, looking after two of our 8 animals and talking on the IRC and Skype. My brain got fuddled..

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 09 Jun 2013, 01:23

I say that it looks pretty good. The only thing I would change is to make the boundary between the rocks and grass look more 'natural' I guess, or at least from far away it seems sharp? maybe, im not sure but its good either way.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 09 Jun 2013, 01:45

Tarius wrote:I say that it looks pretty good. The only thing I would change is to make the boundary between the rocks and grass look more 'natural' I guess, or at least from far away it seems sharp? maybe, im not sure but its good either way.

I actually thought about this, I was first going to add some alpha faces to the mesh, sort of like how Bethesda added roots and ivy to Skyrim meshes. But a lot would end up hidden, so I'm just going to cover the rock-to-grass transition with some nice shrub meshes.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 09 Jun 2013, 03:01

Wollibeebee wrote:
Tarius wrote:I say that it looks pretty good. The only thing I would change is to make the boundary between the rocks and grass look more 'natural' I guess, or at least from far away it seems sharp? maybe, im not sure but its good either way.

I actually thought about this, I was first going to add some alpha faces to the mesh, sort of like how Bethesda added roots and ivy to Skyrim meshes. But a lot would end up hidden, so I'm just going to cover the rock-to-grass transition with some nice shrub meshes.

Well I mean maybe make it look more "bulbous"? maybe. Actually, adding a bit of ground cover to it wouldnt be a bad idea.

Griff
P:C Modder

Postby Griff » 23 Jan 2014, 13:09

Just this lovely looking castle could well be some lords manor.

MoonAndStar

Postby MoonAndStar » 14 Aug 2014, 19:36

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 28 Aug 2014, 00:39

Oh, I like this bridge a lot! Sure has potential with cliffs and all.

Previous

Return to Colovian Highlands