Anvil Summary

commodorefork
P:C Modder

Re: Anvil Summary

Postby commodorefork » 04 Feb 2013, 14:37

Alright. Thanks. :D

That's useful advice.

I'll start digging through PC_Data then and see what's there.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 04 Feb 2013, 16:33

commodorefork wrote:Alright. Thanks. :D

That's useful advice.

I'll start digging through PC_Data then and see what's there.

We need proper chimineys for the Anvil buildings I made.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

commodorefork

Postby commodorefork » 04 Feb 2013, 22:29

Tarius wrote:We need proper chimineys for the Anvil buildings I made.

Okey-dokey. I made a chimney. Hope you like it. :-)

PICTURE!
Attachments
pc_ex_anvil_chimney.rar
(5.46 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 04 Feb 2013, 23:51

Yes!

CommodoreFork, there is another thing that would be really great, but may also be some work and I don't know if people will think that it is actually required

A building for the chapel of Dibella. Perhaps a bit similar to the blue-roofed dome seen on this photo. I read people around here saying that eastern european (orthodox) influence would be welcomed opposed to the gotic style of the chapels in Oblivion:
http://bukaratours.com/sites/galleries/ ... rovnik.jpg

I know that it would be anything but trivial but you'd very likely be better in modelling something like that than me. And, in fact, we'll need proper chapels at some point.

commodorefork

Postby commodorefork » 05 Feb 2013, 01:08

That's a neat looking city. I'll start thinking about the chapel. I might work on it. An Orthodox/Byzantine church with a central axis plan (and a dome!) would be a nice change from Oblivion, like you said. I like the idea. :)

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 05 Feb 2013, 02:27

My only concern with that is that it looks very similar to the Blue Palace of Solitude, and I think we should take care that Cyrodiil's aesthetic remains unique from Skyrim's (especially in Anvil, which in terms of lore is supposed to be influenced by Hammerfell architecture). Maybe try to incorporate some mosque-like elements as well (in particular, I think the Blue Mosque in Istanbul would be a good fit for the city), for something that's more distinctive?

commodorefork

Postby commodorefork » 05 Feb 2013, 13:40

Saint_Jiub wrote:My only concern with that is that it looks very similar to the Blue Palace of Solitude, and I think we should take care that Cyrodiil's aesthetic remains unique from Skyrim's (especially in Anvil, which in terms of lore is supposed to be influenced by Hammerfell architecture). Maybe try to incorporate some mosque-like elements as well (in particular, I think the Blue Mosque in Istanbul would be a good fit for the city), for something that's more distinctive?

Yeah, that's more of the central-axis Byzantine style I had in mind, like the Hagia Sophia. Could be a good start.

There's also San Vitale with its Spanish tile roofs that might fit in more with the other buildings already created for Anvil.

An interesting thing about San Vitale is that it was meant to look inconspicuous on the outside but on the inside its lavishly adorned with marble and mosaics. The idea being that when you're inside the church you're entering a beautiful (and more holy) realm. The contrast between the plainness of the outside and the exquisite furnishings of the interior is supposed to exhilarate you. That could be a neat effect for an Anvil temple.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 05 Feb 2013, 15:48

Perhaps you could add a few of the typical imperial columns like the ones you already modelled except maybe a different material. The corners of the building could be made into niches each of which contain such a column. Only an idea.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 05 Feb 2013, 20:05

I think the San Vitale effect that you're talking about would be better left to one of the other Divines (Mara jumps to mind), personally. Dibella is the goddess of beauty, I would expect her chapel to be as ornate and beautiful as the regional resources/economy would allow, inside and out.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 06 Feb 2013, 11:07

I cjan't even look at that temple, sorry. Gonna find some dial up cables tomorrow.. I should update my progress here. Avast ye scurvy spelling errors! YARR.

Most the claims themselves are done (and I've been updating the claim map in the process) with only 2 that I haven't yet touched. I'm going to need some fences for the farms and a tiled dirt texture ( I spoke to scamp about this, was anything done about it?)

The city is well in its way, I've just about finalised the layout, ands its swell: the poor district not only has roofs which can be walked freely about upon, but there's a system of skywalks, which in turn are above a wooden walk way, beneath that is a platform layor akin to a sewer. In the centre and just down from that us yet an extra wooden layer. The whole place us a thueves/pirates dream 3d maze (which in sure they dream abou often) rich district is just going to look like a much grander stirk (I don't mean better than, but more inclined to the aspects if dibella; pretty and shit)

The docks... I have no actual mesh, and is rather not use a retexturw if the stirk docks, purely wooden or mash together my anvil platform retexturw mesh, as the above would be rather tacky. Totally ugly, gurl.

So sine dick meshes would be great ( i see the spelling mistake, yet I ignore it) there not much else really, maybe when I start prettying it all. Zackg was going to make me a fountain mesh to place against walls, waiting on that. Cathedral sounds great, I'll wait on that. Market stands are a MUST have, could someone sort that out? There's some in shotn and one in Barabys' housing. Some sullied brick meshes would be helpful for the temple area, as in sort if doing a "built on top a ruin" thing with that area, and those meshes would be great in the rest of the claims.

Sorry if I ask to much, but this took an hour to write on my tiny keypad, and I'm owed by you people! MY SANITY. GIVE. BACK DHCVVJKBvhjkbvbnnnnn

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 06 Feb 2013, 15:57

Are the poor colovian houses going to be taken into use around Anvil? Aren't they what you should see in the poor quarter? On the other hand, if you already made something interesting with the anvil-set in that area, fine with me. Would there be a chance to get some of my houses inserted though?

Cool to hear that you are adding a sewer-entrance!

Otherwise it seems we need
-Farm Fences
-Market Stands
-Tiled Dirt Texture
-Fountain
-Chapel
-Docks

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 06 Feb 2013, 22:52

I'm not sure about using them often within the city, although i can see the being used as outhouses in the chapel and navy districts.

I'd be keen to use the Colovian set outside the city, for the typical medieval walls use squatters, kind if a true poor area, both in denizens and architecture.

I thought of another thing, hanging baskets.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 06 Feb 2013, 23:08

I'm not sure about using them often within the city, although i can see the being used as outhouses in the chapel and navy districts.

I'd be keen to use the Colovian set outside the city, for the typical medieval walls use squatters, kind if a true poor area, both in denizens and architecture.

I thought of another thing, hanging baskets.

commodorefork

Postby commodorefork » 07 Feb 2013, 07:14

Alright, I might work on some of those things you mentioned, Wolli.

As for the docks, here is a picture of a set I was making. It's not a retexture of the Stirk docks, it's a new model. It still needs work, but do you suppose the stone/wood appearance would be appropriate for Anvil? Or did you have something else in mind?

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 07 Feb 2013, 10:33

I guess it could work if it were a lot wider, :)

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 08 Feb 2013, 18:10

Wollibeebee wrote:I guess it could work if it were a lot wider, :)

Wolli, thats just the set we have retextured.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 08 Feb 2013, 22:48

Tarius wrote:

Yeah, the stirk one, with a few tweaks. One if the problems with it in stirk is that just one rotated crate could knock the player of the path or into a post. I'd like to have the ability to decorate a lot more than that.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 09 Feb 2013, 01:01

Wollibeebee wrote:
Tarius wrote:

Yeah, the stirk one, with a few tweaks. One if the problems with it in stirk is that just one rotated crate could knock the player of the path or into a post. I'd like to have the ability to decorate a lot more than that.

Yes, anyway I can see that the dock is a bit narrow and isnt suited to a major port like Anvil.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 02 Jul 2013, 23:56

Alright, just making some last minutes changes. Which is the best time to ensure I've added everything we need.

Guilds:
Mages guild and imperial cult in the temple district, fighters guild and census and excise office in the rich district, thieves guild in the poor district, east empire company in the docks, imperial legion in the militia/navy district.

Current specific locations:
two brothels (one rich the other poor), a manor house, a castle with a Valenwood and Hammerfell missionary (like the Blackmarsh and Skyrim ones in Ebon Heart), stables, fish 'n' chip shop.

Inns, merchants, blacksmiths, etc go without saying. But is there anything else anyone wants adding before it's to late?

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 03 Jul 2013, 00:52

Sewer entrances, if nothing else, they would be flooded mostly(since its at sea level) and you could swim through em.

OO OO, I know, this is something you dont see usually, a cistern for keeping the city's clean water supply as they very well cant drink from the ocean.

PreviousNext

Return to Gold Coast