Anvil Summary

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Anvil Summary

Postby Wollibeebee » 20 Aug 2012, 02:06

Because i'm going to be making this soon, and because most of the ideas and plans for Anvil we currently have are all over the place and I've lost track, i've decided to summarize it all here. It'll help me with the layout, theme and general placement of everything, and hopefully questers and interiors can quickly point things out to me that need change for their sakes.

Exterior Features:

1. Dibella's Cathedral, Dibella's the sexy god, afaik, so the chapel must be covered in red colours, silky fabrics, flowing water, roses, small gardens around it, etc.

2 Graveyards. One near the Cathedral (and hence the richer part of the city) and one near the poorer areas, perhaps outside of the city walls.

3. The market, a largest stall type market just next to (but separated by walls) the main dock. The place is full of travelers selling their wares. Mostly suspicious wares that just might be from pirates. It's mostly full of Bosmer and Redguards, each selling their exotic items from their own provinces. I need to place large barrels around the area to allow sneaking and thievery for the player.

4. A large castle. The general oppinion is that it needs to be on a seperate island (like in Oblivion) out in the ocean connected by bridge to the richer part of the city. In oblivion the town was ruled by a, apparently, very successful countess. And seeing as this is Dibella's city i'd like to make the castle quite womanly. I don't mean to make it covered it tea pots, or some strange cliche. I'm just not going to make it "cold" i'll try to include ivy, fountians, flowers, chimneys, etc.

5. Shopping area. Accessed via the main gates, the shopping area will include a tavern, access to the smaller stall market, aswell as to the rich and poor districts. It's basically the main hub for selling wares from Anvil, rather than from abroad.

6. Poor district. If you've looked at Pelagaid Expanded you'll know what i hope to aim for. The streets will make no sense, the amount of clutter will make scamp blush, etc etc. I want the roofs to be accessible (maybe ladders?) and to have wooden planks for traveling across. There should be quite a few darker aspects to the whole "dibella" theme; dark 'n' dingy bars, brothels, etc. There'll also be a few pirates and Bosmer pick-pockets.

7. The docks! I want to make a large one, one that can easily be reached from where the castle's bridge joins the rich district. It'll be the place with all the pretty boats and exotic merchants unloading their wares, it'll also be well light by a light house. But there'll be more 'splotted" around the walls. Docks that have cropped up as people expanded to live outside the main walls, (there won't be much out there, mostly shacks i'd imagine) aswell as some small ones that are attached on to the poor district. Due to the lazy guard (The one that gets replaced in Oblvion) these areas aren't very well watched. They're the places that pirates can send their little dingy boats out to in order to smuggle their goods into the dens inside the poor district.

That's all I've got for now. If there's any features i've forgotten please like and subscribe!!! ...wait...

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Re: Anvil Summary

Postby Rattfink333 » 20 Aug 2012, 03:18

might be handy to take a look at illy's new oh my goddess clothing mod. She made clothing for all the deities. I think it's usable.
Paladin of Vaermina

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 20 Aug 2012, 07:54

The areas sound good to me Wolli.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 20 Aug 2012, 10:51

Does anyone know of any military-type ship resources? Anvil should have some sort of Imperial Navy base.

Apart from that everything sounds good.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 20 Aug 2012, 22:45

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:Does anyone know of any military-type ship resources? Anvil should have some sort of Imperial Navy base.

Apart from that everything sounds good.

we have a huge Galleon thing. I used the model for my little sunken warship quest idea, It's in my Stirk underwater claim.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 21 Aug 2012, 15:43

Wollibeebee wrote:
6. Poor district. If you've looked at Pelagaid Expanded you'll know what i hope to aim for.

(serious)
Please don't. Clutter in the poor areas was highly unprofessional, repetitive and kind of overkill to show they had more time than they needed to provide a balanced level of detail. I would expect you to know better.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 21 Aug 2012, 23:30

Scamp wrote:
Wollibeebee wrote:
6. Poor district. If you've looked at Pelagaid Expanded you'll know what i hope to aim for.

(serious)
Please don't. Clutter in the poor areas was highly unprofessional, repetitive and kind of overkill to show they had more time than they needed to provide a balanced level of detail. I would expect you to know better.

"I would expect you to know better" basically dampened my enthusiasm.

I wasn't referring to that so much as i was to the layout, all twisty and maze-like. I'm not going to have upside-down tables in the middle of the road or anything.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 22 Aug 2012, 01:03

Your layout design is the important part to me right now and it sounds good and realistic.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 22 Aug 2012, 15:43

Wollibeebee wrote:"I would expect you to know better" basically dampened my enthusiasm.

I wasn't referring to that so much as i was to the layout, all twisty and maze-like. I'm not going to have upside-down tables in the middle of the road or anything.

Ok, sorry. (and I am sure that thing about an upside-down table on the road was referring to something I did somewhere? :scamp: )

Just make it Wolliish.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 22 Aug 2012, 23:07

Scamp wrote:
Wollibeebee wrote:"I would expect you to know better" basically dampened my enthusiasm.

Ok, sorry. (and I am sure that thing about an upside-down table on the road was referring to something I did somewhere? :scamp: )

Just make it Wolliish.

will do! just waiting for the new data files and i'll start those to claims dropped by Alex, aswell as the land around anvil.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 23 Aug 2012, 11:38

Which cells are you going to work on so I can update the Claim Map?
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 23 Aug 2012, 12:33

Gold Coast Exterior: Q6-8 + P6-8 + O6-7.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 23 Aug 2012, 13:13

Thanks. Imageshack doesn't appear to be working so I'll update later.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 23 Aug 2012, 19:29

Wollibeebee wrote:claims dropped by Alex

:pissed:

:scamp:

But really, I appreciate your sudden modding spree. Wish I had that much motivation.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 23 Aug 2012, 22:49

Scamp wrote:
Wollibeebee wrote:claims dropped by Alex

:pissed:

:scamp:

But really, I appreciate your sudden modding spree. Wish I had that much motivation.

I think you've had a lot more than me over the course of P:C. you've done atleast twice as many exteriors. :P

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 26 Aug 2012, 23:08

Everyone's had more than me. :(

EDIT: 200th POST!!!
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 27 Aug 2012, 14:09

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do some modding.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 28 Aug 2012, 15:41

The Khan wrote:Everyone's had more than me. :(

If you feel like you need to post this all over the place, perhaps you should try doing something about that?

commodorefork
P:C Modder

Postby commodorefork » 04 Feb 2013, 09:04

I know this is an old thread, but the design really sounds interesting. The poor quarter with the roofs connected by planks sounds neat. And I like the idea of Anvil being an Imperial naval base. Maybe some triremes would be appropriate for the Imperial fleet. ;-)

I have a few questions. :)

What's the progress on Anvil? I can't find it in the current plugin, so I assume the city itself hasn't been started or if it has it's not included in the general release yet?

Is the architecture going to be based on Oblivion? Should it adhere to the Oblivion concept art, at least?

Who is making the design decisions? Is Wollibeebee in charge of Anvil?

Sorry for the questions. Just trying to get a handle on things. :D

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 04 Feb 2013, 12:22

Wolli has started the work on it a few weeks ago. Since he is cut from the internet these days I have no idea how that will further proceed. As far as I know he did not get to placing buldings around yet. He was mostly working on Fort Strand the last time I spoke to him.

Yes, the anvil-architecture is based on the oblivion-one. You should be able to see it in PC-Data.

We've had a long, more recent discussion on Anvil in here:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=58&start=40

You can simply browse PC_Data in order to discover a lack of something. I think we might have Triremes somewhere in PC_Data but I don't know.

Next

Return to Gold Coast