SWG's Sutch Ideas

starwarsgal9875
P:C Legend

SWG's Sutch Ideas

Postby starwarsgal9875 » 04 Jan 2011, 10:34

right then, since TOYB dissapeared we haven't gotten anything new in terms of Sutch, so the other night I decided to draw some concept art and I came up with some cool ideas for Sutch architecture. I don't have access to my computer so I couldn't scan the drawings, but I made this mesh, it needs work, but I think it's pretty cool.

http://i35.tinypic.com/9ghn4n.jpg

I've got a bunch of other ideas too, for architecture and for the city itself. Some based on TOYB's work on his Oblivion mod.

TOYB named Sutch the "Red Ruby West", in relation to this, I think it would be cool if Sutch were nicknamed "the Ruby city" or something, and perhaps the road leading to it, built with reddish stones from the area around Sutch, called "The Ruby Road".

Based on TOYB's ideas as well, I thought we should have the red roofs like he did in his Sutch, ours will be stained glass in design, on top of the houses in order to illuminate them during the day, I've got some cool ideas for interiors as well. The Castle will have twisted towers, with the domelike red roofs on top of them, and a large red dome sunroof for the castle itself.
------What I'll probably need though, is a map of the actual city, I suppose we could start doing that once I show you guys my architecture sketches.

So, thoughts?

QuixoteUgly

Re: SWG's Sutch Ideas

Postby QuixoteUgly » 04 Jan 2011, 10:36

i've talked with TOYB semi-recently on Messenger and he expressed interest in eventually getting back to this claim. as he already has a ton of lore and resources, i'd say there's no reason for someone else to claim it and start over -- especially, if the idea is to use a bunch of his ideas anyway. so, perhaps we could just focus on other areas for the time being.

i know taking long breaks from modding is generally frowned upon, but, considering that we all have done it at this point, i think we can give him the benefit of the doubt. sometimes people just need a little time to recharge.

by the way, it's nice to see you around here again SWG. hope all's well.

starwarsgal9875

Postby starwarsgal9875 » 04 Jan 2011, 10:37

Aww, but I had a ton of awesome ideas... at least there's still Kvatch though to design from the ground up...

QuixoteUgly

Postby QuixoteUgly » 04 Jan 2011, 10:38

indeed.

starwarsgal9875

Postby starwarsgal9875 » 04 Jan 2011, 10:39

Well, as long as TOYB still isn't around, I'm going to continue working on my Sutch houses, since I don't have access to my computer, this is the only modding work I can really do at the moment since a lot of my other Cyrodiil stuff is trapped on it.

Besides, I got this done:
http://i42.tinypic.com/6j1wfp.jpg

There's a bit of vertex shading on it, but it isn't showing at the moment. The roof is coming together well also, but it still needs a bit of work.

starwarsgal9875

Postby starwarsgal9875 » 04 Jan 2011, 10:40

Testing a new roof texture:
http://i42.tinypic.com/aachgz.jpg

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 04 Jan 2011, 10:41

Wow! That looks pretty awesome. Really interested to see what the inside looks like. :sheo:

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

starwarsgal9875

Postby starwarsgal9875 » 04 Jan 2011, 10:42

DJGamer wrote:Wow! That looks pretty awesome. Really interested to see what the inside looks like. :sheo:

I'm thinking of making the insides kind of reminiscent of the Ald-Ruhn houses, with a basement and such, but taking on a spiraly theme.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 04 Jan 2011, 10:43

Anymore work on Sutch? I was thinking about our story for it being annexed into Hammerfell and all and figured it should have a somewhat mixed look of Redguard and Imperial architecture. What you have so fat can easily be the lower end homes and such while the more wealthy residents could live in homes more like a traditional home but with lots of balconies and porches and sweeping arches and such. Still the structures would be made of stone as most imperial stuff is but there could be ornamentation out of a light colored desert-esque wood or even a stucco. This would give the town quite a personality and show off its fluctuating nature between the two provinces of Cyrodiil and Hammerfell.

The color scheme you have going could work very well also i think with the stones almost being a lighter gray and having a more foreign feel than most imperial architecture and I love the red rooftop idea you have going right now as well as the round shape of your current buildings. Perhaps some domed towers would be a nice addition for this town to add to the desert feel Hammerfellian structures.
Project Coordinator

starwarsgal9875

Postby starwarsgal9875 » 04 Jan 2011, 10:44

I have some more concept art I had drawn out, plans for the interiors and stuff, but I don't have my computer or a scanner so it's somewhat difficult to get them onto teh interwubs atm.

Return to Gold Coast