Gold Coast Settlements

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Gold Coast Settlements

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 30 Jan 2012, 19:47

At the moment there are only two settlements in the Gold Coast (excluding single farms) and they are both cities. Seeing as our Cyrodiil is bigger than Oblivion there have to be more small towns. My proposol is for two towns in the Gold Coast in addition to Anvil & Sutch.

Looking at the map, I think we could expand Brina Cross to be much larger (possibly Caldera-size). It is in a good location, on the crossroads of the Gold Coast and the road to Sutch and Hammerfell.

At the moment I don't have any ideas for the other town. Feel free to come up with your own. :vlntns:
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Praedator
P:C Reviewer

Re: Gold Coast Settlements

Postby Praedator » 30 Jan 2012, 19:54

Not a bad idea at all. Few towns along cities is good.

alex25

Postby alex25 » 30 Jan 2012, 20:20

Caldera size seems a bit large. A Seyda Neen sized farming settelment but less shackier and richer (by no means rich though) would work better.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 30 Jan 2012, 20:26

Caldera seems appropriate for Brina Cross size. I also had said it would be a town at some point, but don't ask me to find that thread haha. I would also like to see at least one coastal town, somewhere between Anvil and Sutch seems apt.
Project Coordinator

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 30 Jan 2012, 20:31

SamirA wrote:Caldera seems appropriate for Brina Cross size. I also had said it would be a town at some point, but don't ask me to find that thread haha. I would also like to see at least one coastal town, somewhere between Anvil and Sutch seems apt.

I agree on that :D

alex25

Postby alex25 » 30 Jan 2012, 21:02

There should be one or two fishing villages and a few farms. What is the main economical activity in GC anyway? Fishing?

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 30 Jan 2012, 21:26

We should probably agree on exact locations soonish before any more GC exteriors are worked on. Although the GC will probably be going on the back-burner a bit whilst we're working on Stirk.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 30 Jan 2012, 21:32

I believe a farming community with a roadside inn is nice, like between Anvil and Kvatch, or Anvil-Sutch or both.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 30 Jan 2012, 21:41

Gottshaw?

Although I'd quite like to keep some Oblivion inns as single buildings and not build villages around each one.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 30 Jan 2012, 21:44

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:Gottshaw?

Although I'd quite like to keep some Oblivion inns as single buildings and not build villages around each one.

Gottshaw for 1, and I didn't mean to say every inn should have a village around it, just a few, or one for that matter.

I believe in variation ;)

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 31 Jan 2012, 00:46

We can also create new inns that dont have villages...

We have a large place to cover.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 04 Feb 2012, 21:10

Let's see.
Brina Cross Inn should be increased in size to be roughly as large as Caldera, I agree on that. Furthermore, I'd like to see a new village along the coast approximately at the point where the white road has three branches. I'd like to keep Gottshaw as a single building.

Actually, there is no point in showering the region with inns that much. If there is an inn and two medium-sized towns that should be enough for a lonely roamer in the wilderness, don't you think? Or maybe one more, but along the road.
However, I'd like to see a few more small farms scattered around the Gold Coast, especially the northern parts look bare on the map as for now.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 05 Feb 2012, 20:12

That sounds like a good plan to me Scamp.
Project Coordinator

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 05 Feb 2012, 20:17

I agree too :D

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 08 Jan 2014, 14:28

I know this thread is old, but I wanted to note this down somewhere: an idea I wanted to propose in books or dialogue is that the Gold Coast settlements were decimated during Camoran Usurper's invasion, and never quite recovered, leading to today's rather uninhabited terrain. This invasion also destroyed the old ruling dynasty and former capital of the Gold Coast (wherever that was), leading to the rise of Anvil under commodore Fasil Umbranox (lore states Anvil was a pirate's harbor until Camoran's death).

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 09 Jan 2014, 00:51

This would require ruins everywhere. I would say we should just lave mention out on this.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 09 Jan 2014, 00:57

Not really, it was over a hundred years ago and the mostly wooden buildings could have been taken back by the earth if they were indeed destroyed and people moved to new places.
Project Coordinator

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 09 Jan 2014, 01:34

That's what I was getting at. The kind of Imperial buildings we've seen up until now would easily decay, and it would explain the Coast's relatively low population. Either way, the lack of a place of authority predating Anvil is something that needs to be addressed in lore. And we still have the north parts of the shore to play with, no?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 09 Jan 2014, 03:25

You have to ask Scamp about the specifics of GC claims and what has and has not been claimed/made. We have much of the northern GC to make but that is inland stuff.
Project Coordinator

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 09 Jan 2014, 05:05

I'm with Infragris for GC. However, for the other counties we definitely need to have more settlements. In lore, the the cities like Chorrol and Anvil are supposed to be the county seat of a wide administrative region - even if in Oblivion, their authority appears to begin and end at the walls of their city.

Next

Return to Gold Coast