Gold Coast Concept

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Gold Coast Concept

Postby Scamp » 26 Jun 2011, 22:24

A file can say more than a thousand words. That said, I guess you don't need a giant wall of text for this.
I can give you the most important information you need apart from my CS Gold Coast Concept. This concept consists only of Southern Gold Coast parts; The northern Gold Coast will have other tree types and more area-specific flora. I will take care of these claims and things when I come back from Croatia; For now I am just putting up some coastal claims.

Please, by all means, take a look at the attached file. This should be the base of everything you are doing in your claims: It's important that we have a consistency here. The Gold Coast is mostly a flat region, interrupted by small hills scattered around the landscape, and a few higher cliffs here and there. There should be more cliffs in the most western parts of the Gold Coast though.
Other than that, please make your claims interesting. Add small points of interest that will catch the player's eye, let it be pirate camps, unique rock formations, ruins, cave entrances, etc.

Ground Textures

-PC_Tx_GC_grass mostly.

-PC_Tx_GC_grassdirt in small areas and around hills where no groundcover is placed. (see file)

-PC_Tx_GC_rock_grass around small hills.

-PC_Tx_GC_rock on cliff and hill sides.

-PC_Tx_GC_rock_dirt, PC_Tx_GC_sand1/sand2 on the beach

-PC_Tx_GC_sand3 on seafloor and islands (or special selected areas)

Shading

I don't know whether you guys like to draw lines as transitions between textures, but that's what I like to do. I used a light grey (168, 168, 168) for that.

Other than that, use 98,98,98 under statics on land. I think I used 121,121,121 underwater.

(Grey shading here, it just looks best)

Rocks

PC_Terrain_GC_rock_01-33, feel free to use the terrain bridge, rock stairs etc, too. The cave entrances are called PC_Ex_GC_Cave_exit01 and 02.

Please do not cover the whole landscape with grassy rocks, I used them only sparingly here: The northern parts of the GC will contain more.

Flora

The most important part of this post:

Statics:

-PC_Flora_GC_Palm01-05

-PC_Flora_GC_Bush_01 and 02

-PC_Flora_GC_Shrub01-02

-some ivy here and there if you want

-actually everything you can see in the file, in case I forgot something

Near water, use:

-PC_Flora_Lilypad_01-03

-PC_Flora_Cattails_01

Container plants:

Aloe Vera, Arrowroot, Dryad's Saddle Polypore (rare), Ginseng, Goldenrod, Green Stain Shelf (rare), Lady's Mantle, Milk Thistle, Nirn Root (rare/special), Sacred Lotus (in water only), St. Jahn's Wort, Thungleweed, Tiger Lily, Water Hyacinth (in water only)

When adding your lilypads and stuff, please keep in mind from which direction waves are coming. Place them behind little islands or rocks where they could survive.
For more detailed information, inspiration and ideas take a look at this thread: Linkey

It'd be cool if people could handle Yacoby's Mesh Generator. I know Wolli can handle it, Alex is inactive at the moment, so I am not further saying anything about it here. With Lestat, I figured out that the best way to place the grass without awkward stuff is to pregenerate the grass and then add other statics. (That's not how I did it in my concept, and I regret that). When I come back from my vacation, I will write a tutorial etc on how to do stuff, it's just too much work for one person to fix all the weirdly generated grass afterwards.
If you refuse to work with the generator for now, or it does for some reason now work for you, I can generate the grass later for a few claims if any problems occur.

My grass.ini settings for the Gold Coast:

Code: Select all
[GL_Grass_03]
bPlaceGrass=1
bPosRand=1
bRandClump=0
bSclRand=1
fMinHeight=0
fPosMax=100
fPosMin=-100
fSclMax=1.5
fSclMin=1
iBanOff0=128
iGap=250
iWeight=0
sBan0=GL_Dirtroad
sChance0=5
sChance1=20
sChance2=20
sChance3=55
sID0=
sID1=
sID2=
sID3=
sMesh0=grass\PC_Flora_GC_02_01.nif
sMesh1=grass\PC_Flora_GC_01_01.nif
sMesh2=grass\PC_Flora_GC_01_02.nif
sMesh3=grass\PC_Flora_GC_01_03.nif
sName=
sRecType=STAT
sScript=
[GL_Grass_03:ANY_NAMED_CELL]
bPlaceGrass=0
bPosRand=1
bRandClump=0
bSclRand=0
fPosMax=128
fPosMin=-128
fSclMax=1.5
fSclMin=1
iGap=256
iWeight=0
sName=
sRecType=STAT
sScript=

Please pm SamirA about the grass meshes and place them in Meshes/grass. Have fun.

If you have any questions: I am on vacation, but I will still check my pms and the forums. Shoot me a pm or post here.

Ignore any error messages when loading the grass esp alone, even though I don't know why you would do that.

I guess that's all for now. Enjoy modding the region!
Attachments
grass.ESP
(721.32 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
PC_GoldCoast_C (5).ESP
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 85 times

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Re: Gold Coast Concept

Postby Wollibeebee » 02 Jul 2011, 22:56

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 07 Jul 2011, 19:30

why do I keep getting 404 errors when I click on your links.

Floaters can happen. Thanks for the report though.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 07 Jul 2011, 23:11

cause i deleted the files yesterday. oops.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 07 Jul 2011, 23:14

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 08 Jul 2011, 16:39

Thanks.

That is a silly floater! I will keel it with fire, I am fairly sure it used a levitation spell.

Return to Gold Coast