Gold Coast Screenshots!

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Gold Coast Screenshots!

Postby Tarius » 23 Apr 2013, 17:47

Wollibeebee wrote:That's what I'm saying, an re-textured version of the common set to fit the Gold Coast better.

But the buildings are textured in a romanesque/mediterranean way that blends with the sand textures of the gold coast.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 23 Apr 2013, 17:51

might be better to have our own common texture set. But on the other hand if someone has a crazy texture set for them in their game. That's their problem.
Paladin of Vaermina

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 23 Apr 2013, 18:06

Well heres what I say, the anvil is already textured so we might as well leave it. The Bruma stuff is likely already fine too since its using skyrim type stuff. The imperial city I favor a heavy stone/marble block look like in oblivion. The others I would think would be fine using a common texture set; although I could introduce a few variations so they dont all look the same.

Onthe thought of the imperial city, we need to stick a couple stone quaries somewhere. Whats the max texture size MW can handle? I could make a huge shear rock wall for the quarry.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 23 Apr 2013, 18:11

i think it is less about size. and more about detail and good uv mapping. 1024x1024 provides more detail than most monitors can handle. mine is 1600x900 for example.
edit. most quarries fill up with water. so you get deep lakes with a deep dropoff.

but it would also be cool to have stonecutter encampment up in the mountains near skyrims border.
Paladin of Vaermina

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 23 Apr 2013, 22:45

Rattfink333 wrote:i think it is less about size. and more about detail and good uv mapping. 1024x1024 provides more detail than most monitors can handle. mine is 1600x900 for example.
edit. most quarries fill up with water. so you get deep lakes with a deep dropoff.

but it would also be cool to have stonecutter encampment up in the mountains near skyrims border.

Its about size if you dont want texture repeats along a surface.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 23 Apr 2013, 23:42

Tarius wrote:
Wollibeebee wrote:That's what I'm saying, an re-textured version of the common set to fit the Gold Coast better.

But the buildings are textured in a romanesque/mediterranean way that blends with the sand textures of the gold coast.

Which is why the textures could be edited a bit to make some retextures for the common set..?

I no longer understand this conversation. I'll go play Minecraft instead for a while...

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 24 Apr 2013, 18:19

I can remove those replacers for the common set if it makes some people happier.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 24 Apr 2013, 19:01

If we're still talking about Brina Cross, I say leave it the way it is now.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 24 Apr 2013, 22:17

I agree with St. Jiub.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 24 Apr 2013, 23:31

Alright.

Previous

Return to Gold Coast