Gold Coast Screenshots!

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Re: Gold Coast Screenshots!

Postby Scamp » 02 Feb 2013, 18:41

Yep, pretty neat overall. I think I pretty much settled on this one now.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 22 Mar 2013, 20:58

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 22 Mar 2013, 23:08

Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 23 Mar 2013, 01:47

And what texture replacer?

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 23 Mar 2013, 14:40

Tarius wrote:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9NCT5XyzFvU/UUy0QVYel6I/AAAAAAAAAhM/JWTFHXyIUUU/s1600/Scampshot012.jpg

Hold on, what tower is this?

Old stuff from last time around. Clickey

Wollibeebee wrote:And what texture replacer?

't is this.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 23 Mar 2013, 22:08

ugh, I missed so many releases. Thanks Juib!

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 21 Apr 2013, 20:32

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 22 Apr 2013, 00:42

Ooh, me likey. I need to tweak the UV map on the skywalk I made you though, the shingles should be the same size as the ones on the roofs whereas now they're much too small.

EDIT: Yeah, try this instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5umvinz9d9g3 ... walk01.nif

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 22 Apr 2013, 03:56

Gorgeous as usual. This is a really nice town, reminds me of Bree from Lord of the Rings.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 22 Apr 2013, 10:47

I would like to see an own, more integrated texture-set for the com houses, if I'm honest. Other than that, it's a really nice town, even though it currently still feels more highrockish than cyrodiilic. I mostly blame the houses, though.

Edit: The narrow placement of the houses, will giving the town a great feeling, steers it towards a more classical medieval setting, somehow.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 22 Apr 2013, 12:44

Worsas wrote:I would like to see an own, more integrated texture-set for the com houses, if I'm honest. Other than that, it's a really nice town, even though it currently still feels more highrockish than cyrodiilic. I mostly blame the houses, though.

Edit: The narrow placement of the houses, will giving the town a great feeling, steers it towards a more classical medieval setting, somehow.

Agreed, I don't really care too much about "integration" in this particular case because the Gold Coast is such a different region from the Ascadian Isles and the West Gash. I'd imagine Imperial towns are dictated by the terrain, so the vanilla houses would be more common around the Nibenese plains.

Also, I'm not a fan of Aof's style because, I think it sway away from the vanilla feel to much... But I can't find a substitute,

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 22 Apr 2013, 16:04

Saint_Jiub wrote:[...]Yeah, try this instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5umvinz9d9g3 ... walk01.nif

Thanks, much appreciated!

SamirA wrote:[...]reminds me of Bree from Lord of the Rings.

Oh rly? I am a huge LotR fan, and while I wasn't inspired by Bree, I am quite satisfied to see this comparison.

Worsas wrote:[...]it currently still feels more highrockish than cyrodiilic. I mostly blame the houses, though.[...]

What exactly feels highrockish? It's definitely not intended, I don't think these houses are supposed to be associated with High Rock directly, or are they?

Worsas wrote:[...]

Yes! Exactly what I was going for.

Wollibeebee wrote:Agreed, I don't really care too much about "integration" in this particular case because the Gold Coast is such a different region from the Ascadian Isles and the West Gash. I'd imagine Imperial towns are dictated by the terrain, so the vanilla houses would be more common around the Nibenese plains.

Also, I'm not a fan of Aof's style because, I think it sway away from the vanilla feel to much... But I can't find a substitute,

What do you mean by "integration", and what does this have to do with vanilla regions?

Also, why would vanilla houses be more common in Nibenay? I thought it was supposed to be quite the opposite.

And, what is Aof's style? If it is similar to what I did in Brina Cross, what's bad about it?

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 22 Apr 2013, 17:44

I think it looks pretty good. Keep it as is.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 22 Apr 2013, 18:39

I don't want to cause any trouble, for sure. I only can't help but feeling that this looks like a town of the northern hemisphere. Let it be Highrock or Morrowind or even Skyrim. It's the dark, brownish colors, how narrow everything is standing, the surrounding with nord-style built walls and the smoke coming out of almost each chimney.

It would match with Oblivions presentation of Cyrodiil but I thought we were going to for a more tropical climate?

On the other hand, nobody else seems to mind. So, feel free to keep things as is.

MoonAndStar

Postby MoonAndStar » 22 Apr 2013, 18:53

Worsas wrote:snip

I see where you're coming from Worsas. I think it may seem a bit out of place in the Gold Coast region, where there is a predominance of dry climate in the landscape; and in the real world you don't often see this architecture (darker wood, roof shingles) in this type of landscape. We could always try placing the Anvil/Stirk roof texture on these buildings and see if that looks good, if anyone wants, though it doesn't matter much to me. But this style is definitely Colovian, and should be used

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 22 Apr 2013, 19:34

I'm using texture replacers.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 22 Apr 2013, 19:48

Scamp wrote:
Saint_Jiub wrote:[...]Yeah, try this instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5umvinz9d9g3 ... walk01.nif

Thanks, much appreciated!

Wollibeebee wrote:Agreed, I don't really care too much about "integration" in this particular case because the Gold Coast is such a different region from the Ascadian Isles and the West Gash. I'd imagine Imperial towns are dictated by the terrain, so the vanilla houses would be more common around the Nibenese plains.

What do you mean by "integration", and what does this have to do with vanilla regions?

Also, why would vanilla houses be more common in Nibenay? I thought it was supposed to be quite the opposite.

And, what is Aof's style? If it is similar to what I did in Brina Cross, what's bad about it?

Don't mention it :)

"Aof's style" refers to AnOldFriend's textures. Personally, that's what I use in my game so it doesn't bother me, but I know some people aren't huge fans of his textures.

Worsas wrote:snip
One common thing I've heard from the lore gurus before is that Oblivion's problem was that it applied the Colovian culture to all of Cyrodiil and ignored the Nibenese (you can see oodles of medieval influences in their clothing, armor, and architecture in Morrowind, but that's chalked up as the Legion being full of Colovians). There are still going to be plenty of areas (especially at first, while we're still doing the Gold Coast and Colovia) where it'll look very similar to Oblivion (though still with our own unique style, obviously), and we're really only going to start deviating in a significant way later in the project.

I like Brina Cross, I think Scamp's use of those Gold Coast shacks Worsas made sufficiently ties it into the region.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 22 Apr 2013, 23:04

Scamp wrote:What do you mean by "integration", and what does this have to do with vanilla regions?

Talking about textures.

And I like moonandstars idea. Some edited version of the Anvil textures for the common tileset could be nice.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 23 Apr 2013, 04:47

Wollibeebee wrote:
Scamp wrote:What do you mean by "integration", and what does this have to do with vanilla regions?

Talking about textures.

And I like moonandstars idea. Some edited version of the Anvil textures for the common tileset could be nice.

I dont know about that. I made the anvil textures to go with anvil and the gold coast 'feel'. I think textures can be completely different elsewhere.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 23 Apr 2013, 05:49

Tarius wrote:
Wollibeebee wrote:

Talking about textures.

I dont know about that. I made the anvil textures to go with anvil and the gold coast 'feel'. I think textures can be completely different elsewhere.

That's what I'm saying, an re-textured version of the common set to fit the Gold Coast better.

PreviousNext

Return to Gold Coast