Imperial Crypt(for SamirA)

Introductions and generally anything not related to Province Cyrodiil.
Tarius
Head of Modelling

Imperial Crypt(for SamirA)

Postby Tarius » 05 Jan 2011, 07:51

Ok, here is an image from newly textured crypt.(I will keep this short, already lost a bunch of typing by accident and dont feel like typing it all out again)

http://img218.imageshack.us/f/crypt.jpg/
Only the hall mesh I have fixed the UV coords on so far is the 3 way at the end.(also did doors and a doorway)
I might ask that retexturing this count as a showcase, but im not truely interested in texturing nor am I an expert at it.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Imperial Crypt(for SamirA)

Postby SamirA » 05 Jan 2011, 07:59

If there is any mesh you are creating for this set it can certainly be a showcase. Alternatively if you can make a mesh of your own aside from this it will certainly be a showcase. We can certainly use your skills around here as we are building a very large province from scratch.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 05 Jan 2011, 21:16

Nope, not creating any new meshes only editing current ones. Thought about making more tomb stones though and while I have the ability to make meshes, I have never made any for MW.
If I get around to making a showcase, it will be for interiors or exteriors. (or mabe both just to prove I can hah)
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 05 Jan 2011, 21:51

Both is perfectly acceptable :) I certainly hope you decide to make one. If I threw out needs I would say we NEED an exterior guy more so than an interior one, but doing multiple tasks is even better. I would hope you might reconsider making some meshes though. Any project like this needs modelers, and especially one like ours which is basically going to use so few vanilla meshes. Tamriel Rebuilt has been trying to get their Dres architecture done for years and is still behind the ball on that set as modelers start on it and then disappear without a trace, leaving them back at square one.

I'm anxious to see your work, and your showcase(s). Oh and welcome to the forums :)
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 08 Jan 2011, 08:22

Ah I can post again. Progress continues on the imperial crypt meshes. Cant get away with just doing the floor unfortunatly, walls need major adjusting of the UV coords as well. Been through 11 of the meshes so far and have found they either dont need fixing or have fixed them. Havent looked at all the meshes though, have 6 marked for fixing at the moment however and have begun on a couple of them. Will likely finish one more in a few minutes.

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 08 Jan 2011, 08:42

I wonder if what happened was somehow I had set the permissions to allow "Newly Registered" members to post, but not regular "Registered Members". As much as I'm liking phpBB, it's permissions system is really a mess. lol

Sorry, just a tad bit off-topic but I'm glad I was able to fix the problem.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 08 Jan 2011, 10:36

Sounds good from both of you :)

DJ something still seems to be up with the site, I'm having to reload pages for them to show up way too often. I can go to any other sites with zero problems.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 09 Jan 2011, 07:39

Five meshes left to edit and that should be all for meshes.
I will then go back and do another rock texture for the graves, the one I already made I have decided is good, but doesnt really fit the grave style.
I will show a couple screen shots once the meshes are done particularly one that shows before, with just the textures done, and then with everything done.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 11 Jan 2011, 02:23

Ok, most of the work is done. I am satisfied with most of the textures and all but 1 or 2 meshes.

Heres a couple screens showing before and after.
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7537/stepscompared.jpg
Redid the steps mesh and the textures, before, the steps looked much too rough, now they look like imperial steps.

http://img714.imageshack.us/f/cryptcompared.jpg/
This one has 3 images compared, before, after the textures are mostly done and after everything is done. I thought everything looked much too rough, so I gave it the nice clean imperial cut stone look.

I now have a door mesh to mess with and its texture as well as the grave textures. I have most of what I care to do with the interiors and the exteriors done for the actual mod I am doing(which is giving the imperial settlements graveyards and crypts). Hopefully I can upload it sometime in the next week and then everyone can have fun with the updated meshes and textures.
I am sure these can be improved upon if bump maps were added, but I am not the one to do that, I have almost finished what I originally set out do. Mabe I can do a showcase after this is done.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 12 Jan 2011, 06:57

So today, I decided to figure out how the heck I use more then nifscope for editing .nif files as the door I mentioned earlier would have been a real pain to edit in nifscope.
Well of course I had to take that further and now I know how to make basic models for MW, so I made a test one to make sure I knew the basics.
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6672/testmodel.jpg

As you can see, I wasnt worried about making sure it looked pretty, I just wanted to make sure I could get a multipart model and stick it in MW. I did something similiar to a way shrine just because haha. I also just picked a couple textures that were on hand as .tga files to skin it.(which as you can see are from the grave stuff I am working on)
There are additional steps I know I didnt take, such as removing faces you cant see, but this was for concept anyway, not meant for anything.
Mabe I will take you up on the modeling offer, but at this point could only say might.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 12 Jan 2011, 15:53

You can always take a look at any concept art and use it to practice modeling :) you clearly have the feel for it since you just decided to try it out and have a functioning model.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 26 Jan 2011, 00:05

Alright, in case you dont or didnt see it, finally done for now, may update more later like I say there.
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36812
thread in other forum: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... morrowind/

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 26 Jan 2011, 01:42

Looks nice Tarius, I hope to see more from your wayshrines.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 26 Jan 2011, 01:58

And also, because I am OC about saving things, most of the raw stuff I used to make the textures and even some steps in making them have been saved in case they are needed for later.(I probably generated like 200mb worth of stuff here) I do this for lots of stuff actually, including the wayshrine which I will finish next now that the graves are done.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 26 Jan 2011, 02:05

That is fantastic Tarius. The wayshrine will serve as a modeling showcase for you as you made it from scratch, so you can start a new thread in the showcase forums and be our first new showcase on the new forums. I saw your progress on it and I must say great work so far. I'm sure once you post it here ZackG will be able to find ways for you to improve upon the design if need be, but I think it is a great model so far.
Project Coordinator

Return to Off-Topic Discussion