Assassin's Creed II RAGE!!

Introductions and generally anything not related to Province Cyrodiil.
DJGamer
Mad God

Assassin's Creed II RAGE!!

Postby DJGamer » 20 Apr 2012, 23:19

So I went and bought the game for the 360 for $13. I was playing for awhile and it's okay. Then I get to this RACE to the top of a church.

WHAT THE HELL?!

I'm sorry, I'm just so frustrated with this that I have to rant about it and get it out of my system.

The kind of game design that I enjoy and appreciate seems to be the complete opposite of what this game is doing right now.

If it's trying to teach me how to control my character and do this parkour (no idea if I'm spelling that correctly-it's not in Google's dictionary) stuff-it's not giving me an environment conducive to actually learning-there's just too much pressure to DO IT RIGHT in order to win this stupid race!

The PROPER way to do something like this in my opinion is to start the player off in a scenario that feels comfortable and allows them to learn at THEIR OWN PACE!! Not a pace that is arbitrarily set by the game!!

On top of that, it looks like the point that I resume at has the other character already a good distance AHEAD of me. WTF?!

Also, I did a search on Google about difficulty settings. This game apparently HAS NONE! Ironically I found more forum posts discussing the game being TOO EASY-and maybe it's okay sometime after this point but right now this game is pissing me the hell off!!

:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Assassin's Creed II RAGE!!

Postby SamirA » 20 Apr 2012, 23:26

The races are fun. Gives the game something else to do other than kill people the entire time.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 21 Apr 2012, 01:58

that race is easy... and it is indeed just to learn the basic controls. the stuff in that part is basic compared to later stuff... there's no double jumps, no timed stuff, i don't think there's even any plant pot swinging :P.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 21 Apr 2012, 02:56

Wollibeebee wrote:that race is easy... and it is indeed just to learn the basic controls. the stuff in that part is basic compared to later stuff... there's no double jumps, no timed stuff, i don't think there's even any plant pot swinging :P.

What wooli says shortened: Quit now, it only gets worse.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 21 Apr 2012, 03:23

HE KEEPS BOUNCING OFF THE DAMN WALL I'M TRYING TO MAKE HIM CLIMB!!

I'M NOT DESYNCHRONIZED, THIS GAME IS!!

Another way of describing the problem: When I get killed or fail in Mass Effect 2 and 3-I may get frustrated, but in the end I can recognize that I probably just wasn't using the best strategy.

The way I'm failing right now-it just feels CHEAP. And it looks like the brother has a head start as well-at least judging from the check point it keeps bringing me back to.

At this rate, I might have to return the game and cancel the pre-order they talked me into at Gamestop for Assassin's Creed III (there was a 30% trade-in bonus).

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Yeti
P:C Modder

Postby Yeti » 22 Apr 2012, 19:18

Have you tried watching youtube videos of the section?

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 23 Apr 2012, 22:40

SamirA wrote:The races are fun. Gives the game something else to do other than kill people the entire time.

And that's why I love GTA:SA So much. :D
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 24 Apr 2012, 02:27

Because you get to kill people the whole time? I either dont understand you or you dont understand what I said. Assassin's Creed is a far better game than GTA ever thought about being. All it is is violence disguised as a game, AC is a game with a ton of violence. There is a subtle but major difference in the two.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 24 Apr 2012, 07:41

SamirA wrote:Because you get to kill people the whole time? I either dont understand you or you dont understand what I said. Assassin's Creed is a far better game than GTA ever thought about being. All it is is violence disguised as a game, AC is a game with a ton of violence. There is a subtle but major difference in the two.

Assassin's Creed has an intertwining story line that has multiple facets. I have never played GTA(the old ones for some fun, but not seriously). None of them seemed to have struck me as particularly deep like Assassin's Creed.

DJ, as for you not being able to do this, you cant be trying very hard or seriously, because its obviously doable and plenty of people actually find it fun. I have watched it get played and I will admit that some of it does seem a bit awkward, but it is certainly nothing that will max your skills out if you have any.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 24 Apr 2012, 07:50

:( I agree with you but what I was saying is that the best part about it is the racing in between the missions. I would prefer Assassins Creed to GTA any day.
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 24 Apr 2012, 12:30

Haha, I see Khan, yeah plenty of racing around in GTA.
Project Coordinator

Return to Off-Topic Discussion