Newly Released: Dongle's Resources

Introductions and generally anything not related to Province Cyrodiil.
DJGamer
Mad God

Re: Newly Released: Dongle's Resources

Postby DJGamer » 12 Nov 2011, 21:50

I think the big issue here is that since everyone making a showcase would obviously not have access to the team-member forums it would be a bit problematic. Sure, we can give them all the relevant information but it'd be better if they are able to see the whole picture before actually working on something that could be used in the mod.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 14 Nov 2011, 00:12

first person to make a skeleton school gets instantly promoted!!!

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 14 Nov 2011, 06:43

LOL Your right. (DJGamer I mean) They would have to have access to the stuff that they don't now. To put it simple.
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 14 Nov 2011, 07:41

Not really. You could make a house for a town in Colovia without having to use a single new resource. Would it be a bit boring that way? Not if the interior is well made. You can make very interesting stuff if you so choose that would fit into our province right now without a single new item. This only works for towns in Colovia though, and more often than not there will be new resources used.
Project Coordinator

Osidian

Postby Osidian » 14 Nov 2011, 17:18

As SamirA said, if the showcase is in the common tileset it can be used in the mod after the member is promoted. With Colovia being so big, I'm sure that interior shall fit into one town (with just small tweaks).

And after the release of Stirk, our PC_Data will be available to everyone so our new stuff can even be used in showcases.
I am no salmon – Dagon

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 14 Nov 2011, 19:31

Osidian wrote:As SamirA said, if the showcase is in the common tileset it can be used in the mod after the member is promoted. With Colovia being so big, I'm sure that interior shall fit into one town (with just small tweaks).

And after the release of Stirk, our PC_Data will be available to everyone so our new stuff can even be used in showcases.

This is a good idea for interiors. There will be alot, so having some generic looking ones to use would be good.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 14 Nov 2011, 19:42

I thought showcases were supposed to use de_p furniture so people got experience rotating objects?
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Osidian

Postby Osidian » 14 Nov 2011, 20:24

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:I thought showcases were supposed to use de_p furniture so people got experience rotating objects?

That's a very good point :scamp:
I am no salmon – Dagon

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 15 Nov 2011, 12:00

I got an idea. Maybe we can have a showcase resource file with just the stuff we think they MIGHT need then have a section for showcase claims or something like that with only some claims in eg. only places in The Nibenay Basin or The Great Forest, the important stuff that they world be doing a lot of if they do join.
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 15 Nov 2011, 13:22

That is a good point TDF. I wasn't paying attention to that detail. Good spot. So basically no, a showcase is for showcase purposes.
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 16 Nov 2011, 21:58

If I'm applying for interior designer, shouldn't my showcase include interiors of a cave, a house and a fort? Those are the three basic distinctions of environments used in TES. Forts and caves go hand in hand, like a castle with a dungeon below. House models are used for shops, living quarters, rest areas, etc...
I can make all three for my one showcase to show that I am more useful and hard working than other applicants who might just specialize in one style of design. :)
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Osidian

Postby Osidian » 17 Nov 2011, 01:31

You don't need to do one of each. A two story house/shop with the de_p furniture set will suffice. If you also have a cave and a fort in your showcase the reviewer may not have time to review all of it. Just do one house/shop, you'll get your promotion quicker and you'll start working on real P:C claims sooner (well, only when the interior work actually begins..). You may even claim a cave and a fort then.
I am no salmon – Dagon

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 17 Nov 2011, 02:14

Oh dear, my showcase for SHOTN is rather big. Maybe I should show Lestat what I have so far before I go any further with it. What do you think? Is Lestat forgiving? Who is the overlord here at P:C?
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 17 Nov 2011, 02:47

Tes96 wrote:Oh dear, my showcase for SHOTN is rather big. Maybe I should show Lestat what I have so far before I go any further with it. What do you think? Is Lestat forgiving? Who is the overlord here at P:C?

Technically I am but SamirA seems to make most of the actual decisions. :nyansheo:

DJGamer's Mod Projects

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 17 Nov 2011, 03:38

Lestat won't kill you, if that is what you mean. Showcases are meant to be rather small bits of work that show your skills in the CS so that a decision can be reached as to if you are ready to take claims or if you need more work. If your showcase is too large it may never get reviewed. I would suggest going by whatever guidelines there are at SHotN, or here at P:C if there are no guidelines posted there.
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 17 Nov 2011, 03:46

SamirA wrote:Lestat won't kill you, if that is what you mean. Showcases are meant to be rather small bits of work that show your skills in the CS so that a decision can be reached as to if you are ready to take claims or if you need more work. If your showcase is too large it may never get reviewed. I would suggest going by whatever guidelines there are at SHotN, or here at P:C if there are no guidelines posted there.

Odds bodkins, gadzooks! Well I sent Lestat a PM with some pictures of it. Perhaps I shall have to do another one, which won't take too long any how.

You guys just want an interior showing a common house interior? No caves? No forts? How will you ascertain whether I, Tes96, am qualified to be assigned those claims when you can't visually inspect such work?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 17 Nov 2011, 03:54

If you know how to snap pieces together, mess with lighting, and place objects on surfaces well in a house on de_p furniture, then you pretty much get it.

Also if a claim is turned in and it sucks it goes back to the person to be fixed, if it gets sent back three times then you will need to do another showcase before another claim will be granted. I highly doubt that this ever happens, but it is possible.
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 17 Nov 2011, 04:09

SamirA wrote:Also if a claim is turned in and it sucks it goes back to the person to be fixed, if it gets sent back three times then you will need to do another showcase before another claim will be granted.
:shock:

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 17 Nov 2011, 04:51

The same applies at TR and probably SHotN as well.
Project Coordinator

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 17 Nov 2011, 05:00

In perhaps simpler terms if I'm reading this correctly:

• You create a basic showcase of your abilities-if your skill area is interiors, we recommend a basic house but if you'd rather do some kind of dungeon that will work too so long as it demonstrates you know how to snap pieces together, place lighting, clutter, etc. and make it all look relatively good.
  • One or more of us will look at it and possibly offer feedback. This feedback can be used to make up to three revisions to the showcase.
  • If we are still not satisfied with your showcase, we'll allow you to start over from scratch with a new one which I'll assume you can post in the same thread-if this is not the case then you'd obviously have to make a Showcase 2 thread or something similar.

I don't think we'll be telling you (or anyone else for that matter) that it "sucks" (unless it's absolutely terrible in every conceivable way :maiq: ). Rather we'll offer constructive criticism and advice. If it's still not good by the third try it would be at least as much a failure on our part as yours.

You can also take as much time as you want between submissions.

DJGamer's Mod Projects

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion