Fork's Model Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here.
Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Fork's Model Showcase

Postby Tarius » 23 Jun 2012, 21:28

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:Famous last words. :scamp:

I have seen plenty of mispellings from more than just here.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 23 Jun 2012, 23:20

I really like the cup - it's nicely Roman-looking. Though like Tarius, I'd prefer it if the edges were a bit more rounded.

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 24 Jun 2012, 03:59

Wow! These are going to be good for the Stirk house Interiors. If you're going to be using them in Stirk.
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

commodorefork

Postby commodorefork » 25 Jun 2012, 09:04

Well, this is the first mod I've seen where everyone gets excited over new cups and plates! :)

Helena wrote:I really like the cup - it's nicely Roman-looking. Though like Tarius, I'd prefer it if the edges were a bit more rounded.

Here you go. I made the meshes more detailed and fixed the problems that Tarius pointed out (like the seam).

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/ ... hot032.jpg

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 25 Jun 2012, 14:34

Attention to detail is what sets us apart. Can't wait to see what the rest of this set will look like.
Project Coordinator

Mwgek
P:C Reviewer

Postby Mwgek » 25 Jun 2012, 15:31

Looks good, the texture is what make the model. A complete set of these would make a good consistent base, which can be blended easily with other meshes.

As for smoothness, I tried to make it look smooth within reason. I've been optimizing my own meshes for years so I try to be conservative with the poly-count. I realize that these plates/bowl/whatever are going to be reused a lot in the same cell. The profile of the bowl is supposed to look that way. ;)

I agree with this. Count all the meshes you intend to put in Cyrodiil. If all meshes have slightly higher polycount then vanilla meshes is the, rather shitty, morrowind engine going to process that smoothly? It's only a few extra polys on this bowl/cup, but that times a whole lotta things..

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 25 Jun 2012, 17:16

commodorefork wrote:Well, this is the first mod I've seen where everyone gets excited over new cups and plates! :)

Helena wrote:I really like the cup - it's nicely Roman-looking. Though like Tarius, I'd prefer it if the edges were a bit more rounded.

Here you go. I made the meshes more detailed and fixed the problems that Tarius pointed out (like the seam).

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/ ... hot032.jpg

Definitely better. If you decide to do it further, 2-3x more on the edges would probably be the most you would need.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

commodorefork

Postby commodorefork » 26 Jun 2012, 14:20

Added a couple more pieces. :)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/ ... hot047.jpg

We now have...
    A thin plate
    A deeper plate
    A bowl
    A cup
    A pitcher

What else do you want?

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 26 Jun 2012, 14:30

looks like a great full set. As far as requests. a silverware platter to match the silverware set would be nice. probably time for a thread in the forums proper to separate this all out from your showcase too.
Paladin of Vaermina

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 26 Jun 2012, 18:50

I think a small pot or jar would be a good addition as well as a platter/tray. Other than that I can't think of anything else we might need in this particular set. Will make a very nice addition to our Colovian areas.

Also I agree that you can make your own thread in the model areas of the forums now. Your showcase period is over and we are glad to have you aboard.
Project Coordinator

Previous

Return to Modder Showcase