Not's Showcase (Quests & Interiors) - [PROMOTED]

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here.
Not
P:C Reviewer

Not's Showcase (Quests & Interiors) - [PROMOTED]

Postby Not » 11 May 2012, 07:38

Well I'll skip the "I really love your work bla bla bla" stuff and get right on to it. This is my showcase that I've spent tons of time with trying to get right. I'm kind of disappointed, I wasn't able to get it where I wanted it, so instead of having 5 possible outcomes it has only 3 or 4. Oh well.

The quest starts you off in Sadrith Mora. If you head to Dirty Muriel's Cornerclub you'll see a new NPC on the top floor. Meet Ralena Dreloth, an upset Dunmer who has had her family ring stolen by a Bosmer named Aligoth.

You have the option to accept or decline the quest, should you choose the latter, you can always come back if you change your mind.

You'll want to head on up to Tel Naga, and enter the General Quarters, as soon as you walk in you should see a chest by a bed (along with a bunch of others) labeled Aligoth's Chest. After you open up the "locked" chest, grab the ring, you get a journal update, and from here you have a few different paths.

You could go back to Ralena at Dirty Muriel's and give her back her ring, at which point she'll thank you and give you a 100 gold.

You could talk to Aligoth and taunt him with the ring, kill him, report back Ralena and get an extra 100 (200) gold for your efforts.

You could talk to Aligoth (after getting the ring) and make a deal with him to kill Ralena. Should you decide to take this path, Aligoth promises you a very nice enchanted sword. You can go back to Ralena Dreloth, who will attack you on site, kill her, head back to Aligoth and he will follow through with his promise and give you a very nice sword "Soul Eater."

You could pretend to accept Aligoth's deal and then turn around and kill him. As long as you grab the ring from his body you're all set, you can head back to Ralena and complete the quest, but be warned: never betray a master enchanter, that sword you pick up off of Aligoth's body may not be what you had in mind....you'll see what I mean.

To whoever reviews this; I look forward to the criticism and will change whatever needs to be changed. I've tested it out, and I couldn't add more outcomes, even though there was a particular one I wanted to, but whatever. Anyways, it *should* be bug free but I make no promises.

Enjoy,
-Not
Attachments
Not's Showcase.ESP
As an added reminder that practically goes without saying; this file has been cleaned and shouldn't contain any dirty references whatsoever.
(29.93 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Not another memory

Helena
Head of Quests

Re: Not's Showcase (Quests)

Postby Helena » 11 May 2012, 09:26

Ah, another quest/dialogue modder? Great. I'll have a look at it this weekend.

Leon

Postby Leon » 11 May 2012, 10:12

Helena wrote:Ah, another quest/dialogue modder? Great. I'll have a look at it this weekend.

Not is already promoted at TR for AI and Quests, Not has my recommendation :peaceout:
León van der Stadt, composer

Not

Postby Not » 11 May 2012, 17:00

Actually the Not from TR and myself are two entirely different people. This is the first showcase I've actually ever submitted.
Not another memory

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 11 May 2012, 17:43

Helena, please review this file regardless of what is said in this thread. This is the Not from TR, but we are no longer honoring simple jumps between projects. Everyone must submit a showcase, it can be the same as their other project showcase if they choose, but it must be reviewed here.
Project Coordinator

Not

Postby Not » 11 May 2012, 19:47

This is an entirely different showcase than the one I used for TR.

But going by what SamirA said, I'd like to be promoted only if I'm good enough, not by the fact I'm with TR. That being said, I didn't want anyone to know that I was in TR. But thanks to SamirA, I guess everything is all set :)
Not another memory

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 11 May 2012, 22:59

I'm not involved at all with TR, nor do I use the mods, so it makes no difference to me. Rest assured that I'll judge every showcase on its merits.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 11 May 2012, 23:20

Helena wrote:I'm not involved at all with TR, nor do I use the mods, so it makes no difference to me. Rest assured that I'll judge every showcase on its merits.

she's a hard woman, our Helena.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 11 May 2012, 23:41

Gotta love her for it. She is exactly what she needs to be.
Project Coordinator

Not

Postby Not » 12 May 2012, 01:31

Good, I wouldn't have it any other way. As far as I'm concerned this is just another typical quest showcase.
Not another memory

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 12 May 2012, 18:25

Played through this today, testing out all the different outcomes, and everything seems to be working OK. The setup is simple, but interesting. The code-lock is a nice touch, as is the enchanted dagger, and I rather like the fact that you never actually find out which character is telling the truth.

Dialogue is fine, apart from a few minor punctuation errors. The only major problem I found was that if you speak to Aligoth after he gives you Soul Eater, he'll repeat the dialogue, giving you endless copies of the sword. You need to set a journal entry to prevent this happening; get this fixed and I'll promote you as a quester.

Not

Postby Not » 12 May 2012, 22:42

Made the necessary fix. I can't believe I didn't see that. Still, I guess I should feel happy with only that one minor bug. I'll admit right now my greatest weakness with quests is my grammar, but I'm trying really hard to work on that.
Attachments
Not's Showcase.ESP
(29.97 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Not another memory

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 13 May 2012, 01:07

Just use spell check on Microsoft Word. :P
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 13 May 2012, 02:27

The Khan wrote:Just use spell check on Microsoft Word. :P

i don't think spell check can check punctuation.

Not

Postby Not » 13 May 2012, 03:27

No my spelling is fine, it's my grammar that just needs a little bit of work. But again, I am working on it. That being said, Microsoft Word does not help with grammar and punctuation.
Not another memory

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 13 May 2012, 09:15

:/ Hmm, what type of punctuation? Where do you seem to get it wrong?
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

Not

Postby Not » 13 May 2012, 18:08

I couldn't tell you, they're just sentences here and there that are grammaticly incorrect I guess you could say.
Not another memory

SamirA

Re: Not's Showcase (Quests) - [PROMOTED]

Postby SamirA » 14 May 2012, 07:37

Welcome aboard.
Project Coordinator

Not

Postby Not » 14 May 2012, 07:39

Glad to be apart of this. Thanks so much :)
Not another memory

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 14 May 2012, 07:47

Welcome to the team Not :D

Next

Return to Modder Showcase