Slaanesh's Quest Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here.
Slaanesh
Pleb

Slaanesh's Quest Showcase

Postby Slaanesh » 08 May 2012, 02:06

So my friend Wolli told me to put a showcase here to get on the team, so here it is.

My Great Tribe of the Bear mod.
http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/download ... p?id=42086

Also, my other mod, Mistress Tilani could be considered a showcase (once I get it updated in the new few days. Don't look at that right now.)

Feel free to look at my other mod, "The Rivera" (Adult only)
http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/download ... p?id=42094

I'm showcasing these two mods so that I can be a quest writer/scripter.

Let me know if I need anything else, I think I did everything I am supposed it.
:DJ:

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Slaanesh's Quest Showcase

Postby SamirA » 08 May 2012, 02:55

You did fine. Helena, care to give one of these a look?
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 08 May 2012, 15:25

NOo! I thought wolli had no friends!

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 08 May 2012, 23:04

i thought we were friends Scamp?.... Scamp?

*curls up in a corner to die*

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 08 May 2012, 23:57

I'll look at them when I have the chance; unfortunately I'm quite busy right now as I have a show coming up in a couple of weeks. I'll try to do it by the weekend.

Slaanesh
Pleb

Postby Slaanesh » 09 May 2012, 00:01

Alright, sounds good thank you!

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 12 May 2012, 18:07

I've had a quick look at the 'Great Tribe of the Bear' mod. Here are some observations from playing through the first few minutes:

- When I load a savegame with the mod active I get an error message: "Unable to find referenced object "stc_id_joldiquest2khaz" in script stc_id_joldiquest2script1."

- Choosing "That's all very well..." the first time you speak to Sifkning about the tribe sends you back to the beginning of the dialogue, trapping you in a loop until you choose the second option.

- I don't really understand why the normal frost giants are impossible to kill, but killing Smoort instantly wipes out all of them. There's nothing in the game to indicate that this should be the case, and I thought at first that they were just really tough. If I hadn't been setting their health to 0 with the console in order to speed up the test, I'd probably never have got anywhere near Smoort.

- When Sifkning asked me to speak to Joldi back in the throne room, I had to greet her three times before she thanked me for saving her. Looking in the CS, I notice that many dialogue lines are dependent on globals rather than journal entries; I wouldn't recommend this as it seems to be causing problems.

- The dialogue in general has quite a lot of spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors. I will be proofreading everything in any case, but I'd prefer not to have to make too many corrections.

- Another thing I noticed in the CS is that many dialogue entries are not filtered for a particular ID or group, making them potentially available to anyone in the game. This is bad practice in general, as it's easy for topics to accidentally get added to an NPC's list from other dialogue.

Apologies if all this sounds harsh and/or nitpicky. This is a very ambitious mod, and you've clearly put an awful lot of work into it, but I can't promote you as a quester unless you show that you can get the basics right. What I'd suggest is that you make a short, simple quest showcase, similar to the one posted by Not, and test it thoroughly before submitting it here - get someone else to proofread the dialogue for you, and check everything in game to make sure it all works as it should. You clearly have potential as a quester, but I'll need to see an error-free showcase first.

Slaanesh
Pleb

Postby Slaanesh » 23 May 2012, 01:41

Sorry for the long wait for a reply, but I understand. I have a mod that I'm working on now (should have released a while ago, but been a little busy) that should do the trick. I'll make another post when I get it done.

Return to Modder Showcase