Saint_Jiub's Texture Showcase - [PROMOTED]

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here.
Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Saint_Jiub's Texture Showcase - [PROMOTED]

Postby Saint_Jiub » 12 Apr 2012, 06:00

Hello everyone.

I'm applying for a position as a texture artist for creatures and armor for P:C, so I'll post screenshots and files for download as I make them.

In addition to textures I'll be making specifically for this purpose, I'd also like to call attention to my current work in these areas, including my ongoing HiRez armor project for Morrowind and Oblivion:

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=41947
http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=41422
http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=41228

as well as my Dagoth Ur replacer for Morrowind:

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=39431

I've never worked for a modding project like this, but I enjoy making textures and I admire what everyone here is trying to do, so I hope you'll consider me!
========================================
Beyond the aforementioned credentials, I'll be using this space for new textures as they come up. Downloads at the bottom of this page, obviously.

Lady E's Minotaur Revamped
http://i.imgur.com/UGKMv.jpg

Updated texture and tweaked UV map for Lady Eternity's minotaur resource.
Attachments
PCShowcase- Minotaur.zip
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 130 times

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Saint_Jiub's Texture Showcase

Postby SamirA » 12 Apr 2012, 13:18

Holy crap that minotaur mesh is hideous compared to what we have haha. Textures look fine, just the mesh itself is so far behind the one we have. Ours could do with some lighter textures though I think. I don't want it to be exactly like the one that will be seen in SHotN.

Welcome Aboard. We have many little items that could be revamped around here and will have plenty of other texture only work coming up in the future.
Project Coordinator

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Re: Saint_Jiub's Texture Showcase - [PROMOTED]

Postby Saint_Jiub » 12 Apr 2012, 17:22

Thank you very much! :D Yeah, I'm not totally sure what she was thinking with those arms :P

I haven't seen your guys' minotaur model, but I'd be happy to make a similar texture for it. Also, Brugdush made a fixed version of Lady E's model, I dunno if you would have any interest in it as a variant creature or something.

http://i.imgur.com/n6KjX.jpg

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 12 Apr 2012, 17:49

Once you see ours you will understand the difference. I really would just like to see it done in a lighter shade for kicks and giggles. If it looks good enough that way then we can keep it and leave the darker one to Skyrim. You now have access to the data files so you can download it and look in the CS or extract it from the BSA.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 12 Apr 2012, 20:03

Took a look at a few and I approve of these. My only opinion is that some of the metal looks too artistic in nature and not like its made directly from a raw picture, looks fine though despite that.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 13 Apr 2012, 04:21

great to have you aboard Juib!

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 13 Apr 2012, 07:21

Thanks wolli!

I've taken a look at your guys' minotaur mesh, and wow, yeah, you're right. I'll start working on a texture for it this weekend.

Revenant
P:C Legend

Postby Revenant » 13 Apr 2012, 10:55

Welcome aboard, Saint_Jiub.

I'll second what Tarius said regarding photo references. Try to use actual photographs as much as possible. I like that your textures have a nice level of grime in them - makes the stuff look appropriately worn and aged and gritty.

We have textures that could do with being retextured so you could be very handy to have around :) The minotaur creature we have could do with some minor texture changes but AFAIK isn't a bad texture. The ones that could really do with a new texture will be pretty obvious to you looking through PC_Data. Take the time to go through the forums and get up to speed with where we are with art asset management and take it from there.
A more TES appropriate replacement for the skull and crossbones pirate flag is a quick and easy starter.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 13 Apr 2012, 11:05

Revenant wrote:Welcome aboard, Saint_Jiub.

I'll second what Tarius said regarding photo references. Try to use actual photographs as much as possible. I like that your textures have a nice level of grime in them - makes the stuff look appropriately worn and aged and gritty.

We have textures that could do with being retextured so you could be very handy to have around :) The minotaur creature we have could do with some minor texture changes but AFAIK isn't a bad texture. The ones that could really do with a new texture will be pretty obvious to you looking through PC_Data. Take the time to go through the forums and get up to speed with where we are with art asset management and take it from there.
A more TES appropriate replacement for the skull and crossbones pirate flag is a quick and easy starter.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

yeah... look in the flora section first, actually. ;)

alex25

Postby alex25 » 13 Apr 2012, 11:13

congrats and all

Lord Andres Indoril

Postby Lord Andres Indoril » 13 Apr 2012, 15:55

Welcome to the team.

And thanks for the whole driving the cliffracers from Morrowind deal...
Best wishes,
Lord Andres Indoril the Mad.

Lord Andres Indoril's Blogwoggofmoddywoddy.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 13 Apr 2012, 20:57

Thanks, everyone :)

With regards to my texture style, it kinda is what it is. I do use photo resources in just about every texture I make, but I prefer a more artistic look, so I tend to integrate multiple resources into a texture, including the vanilla texture iteself in the case of, for instance, my armor retextures. It's not photorealistic, but then, neither is Morrowind :P

EDIT: Okay, here's a couple alternate versions of the minotaur. The second one has black fur on his head as kind of a throwback to the Oblivion version. Which version looks better?

http://i.imgur.com/dcVuC.png
http://i.imgur.com/PbGrU.png
Last edited by Saint_Jiub on 13 Apr 2012, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 13 Apr 2012, 20:57

EDIT-- Oops, double post.

Lord Andres Indoril

Postby Lord Andres Indoril » 14 Apr 2012, 07:45

Makes one kind of wish that the Morrowind creatures worked like Oblivion ones, so we could just have various parts of minotaur to blend together in the CS. :P

I have no idea what the original minotaur textures looked like for P:C, but these look quite nice.

I would not mind seeing a silvery one.
Best wishes,
Lord Andres Indoril the Mad.

Lord Andres Indoril's Blogwoggofmoddywoddy.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 14 Apr 2012, 09:03

Could you make an all dark one, the brown body and dark head look odd together imo.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 15 Apr 2012, 10:24

btw jiub, don't forget to join the IRC sometime, you can do what me and pread often do and just leave the chat on idle and persistant so that you don't need the window open but your computer is always in the chat as long as Pidgin is on (or whatever program you use). lots of people seem to think Pidgin requires constant attention.
The P:C room needs more life, that goes for you to tarius.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 15 Apr 2012, 20:16

Wollibeebee wrote:btw jiub, don't forget to join the IRC sometime, you can do what me and pread often do and just leave the chat on idle and persistant so that you don't need the window open but your computer is always in the chat as long as Pidgin is on (or whatever program you use). lots of people seem to think Pidgin requires constant attention.
The P:C room needs more life, that goes for you to tarius.

I probably wont be seen there unless something happens that is exceedingly urgent to talk about.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 16 Apr 2012, 03:54

Its a good place to be in Tarius. Not always something goin on but when there are lots of us on it gets interesting.
Project Coordinator

Return to Modder Showcase