The Khan's Interior Showcase [PROMOTED]

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here.
Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: The Khan's Interior Showcase [WIP]

Postby Tarius » 07 Feb 2012, 22:26

alex25 wrote:Us a higher gridsnap for the larger pieces. Two is too low... Something like 16 would work better

Whatever size gridsnap gets used should depend on whats being placed. Things like hallways and rooms, a larger gridsnap is fine, something like 16 or 32 etc.
Placing doors furnature and that sort of thing, a grid snap of like 8 or even 4 would be acceptable.
Things like items that can be picked up, 4 or 8 can still be good, but if you really want to pay attention to detail, 2 can be used but that can get tedious.
Like I said I typically have used 8 for most stuff as its easy to leave it alone instead of having to change it all the time.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 07 Feb 2012, 22:52

Please (and I know this has been said at TR countless times), (and I know I am not the Head of Interiors), please do never ever use gridsnap for furniture, misc items, armor pieces or anything like that. These things are to be placed without gridsnap nor are they to be placed with angle snap. It looks unnatural and clumsy and thus really totally highly inappropriate for clutter.
Only things that need to snap correctly should be using snap grid, such as tilesets (in fact, only tilesets)

alex25
P:C Reviewer

Postby alex25 » 07 Feb 2012, 23:20

The bar pieces also need grid use. But yes using grid on other stuff is silly. The problem with using 2 as gridsnap for large pieces is that you may align them poorly.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 07 Feb 2012, 23:52

Scamp wrote:Please (and I know this has been said at TR countless times), (and I know I am not the Head of Interiors), please do never ever use gridsnap for furniture, misc items, armor pieces or anything like that. These things are to be placed without gridsnap nor are they to be placed with angle snap. It looks unnatural and clumsy and thus really totally highly inappropriate for clutter.
Only things that need to snap correctly should be using snap grid, such as tilesets (in fact, only tilesets)

Well I am of the opinion that it doesnt matter as long as it looks good. The grid snap is fine if you leave it on and just hit the f key to make things fall into place. Obviously, if you end up snapping things at like 16+ units you will get a much too uniform look in many cases not to mention end up with stuff inside various objects and not in the right place. I just have the habit of leaving it on 8 because I find it a hassle to keep switching it on and off.

This is my 512th post! 512 is a very important number for both textures and models. Gridsnap of 512 would be crazy though.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Lord Andres Indoril
P:C Reviewer

Postby Lord Andres Indoril » 08 Feb 2012, 04:35

Not really. There are those large set pieces that are 512 units wide, so they work fine for 512 gridsnap. It would be silly though.
Best wishes,
Lord Andres Indoril the Mad.

Lord Andres Indoril's Blogwoggofmoddywoddy.

The Khan
P:C Modder

Postby The Khan » 25 Jun 2012, 22:19

SO, I'm making a new Interior Showcase (Don't worry, it won't be as...err, much as the other one was), do I post it here or make a new thread?
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 25 Jun 2012, 23:40

post it here.
Paladin of Vaermina

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 26 Jun 2012, 10:27

Okay, thanks. Will I only get 2 goes counting my other one or because it's completely different will I get the whole 3?
Come join the friendly community of Exilian!!! Come and discus Mods, Games and lots more!!!

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 26 Jun 2012, 13:04

The whole 3.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 27 Jun 2012, 10:03

OK, thanks. :)

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 11 Jul 2012, 09:14

DONE!! I fell so frigging professional! I didn't even need to clean this one. It wasn't even dirty!
Attachments
Showcase.ESP
(12.66 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 11 Jul 2012, 18:10

The Khan wrote:DONE!! I fell so frigging professional! I didn't even need to clean this one. It wasn't even dirty!

Are you shittin me? There is absolutly no way to stop GMSTs from occuring. They MUST ALWAYS be cleaned.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 11 Jul 2012, 20:33

Um, it is entirely possible to make an interior file and not have to clean one single thing at all...
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 11 Jul 2012, 21:12

SamirA wrote:Um, it is entirely possible to make an interior file and not have to clean one single thing at all...

Well thats useful to know. This is also more evidence how how ass backwards things got made regarding the CS. I have wonder why would exteriors effect GMSTs but not interiors; both types are effected by them.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 11 Jul 2012, 21:34

As far as I know you can make an exterior with no issues either, but I'm no expert on that. The GMST issue only occures when people either dont have the expansions or dont order them properly or something. I remember seeing them one time way back when I didn't know what I was doing, but generally anthing I make has zero refs to clean out unless I accidently move something in a vanilla cell that I was using to grab individual items from. I do this for vanilla style tombs a lot as it is far easier to find the bones and prayer stools that way than searching the CS for them and sometimes you accidentaly nudge something.
Project Coordinator

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 11 Jul 2012, 21:44

Tarius wrote:
The Khan wrote:DONE!! I fell so frigging professional! I didn't even need to clean this one. It wasn't even dirty!

Are you shittin me? There is absolutly no way to stop GMSTs from occuring. They MUST ALWAYS be cleaned.

The only two things that showed up in TESAME were "SEYDA NEEN" and "SHOWCASE" which is my interior showcase cell.

I can't wait to see how my review goes. Definitely much better than the other one.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 11 Jul 2012, 22:19

SamirA wrote:As far as I know you can make an exterior with no issues either, but I'm no expert on that. The GMST issue only occures when people either dont have the expansions or dont order them properly or something. I remember seeing them one time way back when I didn't know what I was doing, but generally anthing I make has zero refs to clean out unless I accidently move something in a vanilla cell that I was using to grab individual items from. I do this for vanilla style tombs a lot as it is far easier to find the bones and prayer stools that way than searching the CS for them and sometimes you accidentaly nudge something.

Must be some thing where stuff needs to all be set right.

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 11 Jul 2012, 23:32

That's a good thing right? Means everything in mine is set right. :D

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 12 Jul 2012, 00:26

If you put a door in Seyda Neen, why you would do so is beyond me, then yes. Otherwise Seyda Neen needs to be cleaned.
Project Coordinator

The Khan

Postby The Khan » 12 Jul 2012, 08:30

Than yes, I also put a house so I know how big/small I would make the Interior. I like to know the layout of the building I'm build but it's a bit hard when there's no building to have a layout of... you know what I mean? It's near the Silt Strider; the house.

EDIT: Sorry if I'm being a bit annoying but can someone please quickly review this so I can start modding. I'm getting a bit restless and bored just sitting here at home waiting.

PreviousNext

Return to Modder Showcase