Xargoth's Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here.
Xargoth
Pleb

Xargoth's Showcase

Postby Xargoth » 25 May 2011, 14:54

Hey, I was sent a Pm by somebody on the officials about this, asking if I wanted to help out, And yes I do. I'm gonna start off with an exterior showcase, but before I start working on it, I need to ask a few questions first. For one, do the six cells need to be connected to vanilla land, or as an Island in the middle of the wilderness? Also, When in the CS, there are basically big squares that are your view limit, as far as I understand, each one is a cell, but I'm not really sure, as, each one is so big, it would take me forever to fill up even one properly. Anyhow, thanks!
Attachments
Corner.JPG
That's a corner of a square, the blip being a rowboat.
Corner.JPG (19.08 KiB) Viewed 6011 times

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Xargoth's Showcase

Postby SamirA » 25 May 2011, 16:52

The six cells can be wherever you want, but an island in the middle of nowhere is probably the best choice since you can showcase several different types of of exterior skills. Also press b in the CS which will show cell borders. A cell is the yellow box that appears not the entire area you can view... that would be one hell of a showcase.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 25 May 2011, 18:17

Welcome to our boards!

...What Samir'ramir said.
We talked on irc for some bit if you remember, just fill your island with stuff of a certain region type, and try to stay above 100/200 refs for now ;)

Xargoth
Pleb

Postby Xargoth » 26 May 2011, 00:35

Thanks SamirA, I never knew that seeing cell borders was possible. Scamp, You said on irc that I need grass gen or something, is that necessary for a showcase? I could put together a six cell place, but when it comes to the distantland and animated/non animated grass, my computer is just not powerful enough. It's a 2003 el cheapo. Can I make a showcase that has no grass gen stuff?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 26 May 2011, 02:37

No grass needed for your showcase. The grass can be generated by Scamp or someone else if need be for any actual claims you do. This had been discussed in IRC.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 26 May 2011, 12:52

Don't add grass...

Xargoth
Pleb

Postby Xargoth » 26 May 2011, 13:54

Ok, Thanks! I will get to work on it.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 26 May 2011, 22:37

if u cant use grass and other "graphics expensive stuff" you sure you're gonna be able to run P:C? can u play with vurts tree mods?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 26 May 2011, 22:45

Vurts trees aren't as big of an issue wolli.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 27 May 2011, 13:04

Of course, you can always play without grass...
But still SamirA, with every palm having like 8000 faces it's going to cause a grand lag for him. Just saying...

Edit: However, we don't want to scare away our prospective modders. Working on claims in the CS will be fine I guess if you don't load the grass. Ingame testing is going to be difficult though :olddude:
You know, Province:Cyrodiil just is one of the mods that aim to create a landmass filled with high quality stuff and looking a lot more realistic than vanilla Morrowind. I hope any future people sining up will be aware of the fact that P:C is not that similar to Tamriel Rebuilt, which aims to create a mod being in the style of vanilla.

Xargoth
Pleb

Postby Xargoth » 27 May 2011, 14:55

I will probably get a better computer sooner than later, at least, something that will be able to handle shader model 2. All I really have to do is get a new motherboard for a computer that was top of the line 2004. Which is about average today. In my Ex cells, I am going to make at least one an ascadian isles cell, Should I make that for all, or only one cell, and pick a different region for each cell?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 27 May 2011, 15:48

I would not use more than two region types, but using two and showing transitions is a good idea.
Project Coordinator

Xargoth
Pleb

Postby Xargoth » 16 Jun 2011, 02:16

I am still working on this, it is just taking a little longer than expected on my part. Different things have come up, and I had to put this on hold for a while, but I am back at it tonight, and I already have a cell done in Ascadian Isles region type. Will I need to place leveled creatures?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 16 Jun 2011, 04:26

No, you don't need to place creatures or NPC's nor do you need to create interiors for any that you place.
Project Coordinator

Return to Modder Showcase