EJRS Interior/Exterior Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here.
EJRS
P:C Modder

EJRS Interior/Exterior Showcase

Postby EJRS » 25 Apr 2014, 07:58

Looking at some of the new models being created for this project, and finally seeing the workers outfit posted by Ald-Ma' Cyrod, has got me convinced that this is going in what I feel is the right direction. So thus, I'd like to join.

I'm promoted as an interior as well as exterior modder for TR as of early this spring, although apart from my showcase exterior, I have only done interior work so far.

Without further ado: I have attached both my exterior and interior TR showcases. They are both TR_data.esm-dependant, but I hope that is acceptable.

Edit: I DO feel a bit lazy about simply uploading my TR showcases. Would you rather have me produce a project-specific showcase?
Attachments
EJRS Showcase Exterior.esp
Hlaalu Compound+landscape
(100.67 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
EJRS Interior Showcase.ESP
Ancestral Tomb
(25.4 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Re: EJRS Interior/Exterior Showcase

Postby Scamp » 25 Apr 2014, 09:51

Hi EJRS,

I'm currently busy, but your interior showcase should be good. I had a quick glance at your exterior showcase and it showed me once again that the exterior department at TR is, at least when it comes to reviewing showcases, severely flawed.
Don't get me wrong, it's very good for your first file, and almost good enough, but I would like you to fix a few things that I'll post here later today if you don't mind. I'll also give you your new titles bu t I really gotta run now.

Edit: Actually, I am just reading that your interior showcase is an Ancestral Tomb and it doesn't seem like anyone in your TR showcase thread really gave you a proper review/gave a shit about it, to be honest. Usually we want contesters to make a two-story house with de_p furniture to prove that you are capable of rotating items on uneven surfaces. I'll take a look at your interior file later as well.

EJRS

Postby EJRS » 25 Apr 2014, 11:24

I was kind of surprised that both my showcases passed review without any complaints at all over at TR, I just assumed they were kind of OK. The interior showcase does have a de_p_table_05 and one de_p_table_03, but taking a second look at it in its current state, I've found a few sloppily rotated items. I guess I've developed my skills a bit since I made these.

I'll look both these files over and upload new versions, so please hold off reviewing until then.

Edit: ok, I've gone over the interior one, with focus on items placed on the de_p-surfaces.
Attachments
Tomb, ver2
(25.28 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 25 Apr 2014, 16:13

Cheers!

I went over it and came up with this list. If you fix these things, I'll promote you. It doesn't really go by our rules but you have de_p in there and it looks excellent (except for the minor errors listed below). The biggest issue I could find was that you bled your altars into parts of the walls, which is quite obvious in-game and doesn't look visually pleasing.
Also, keep in mind that while mixing certain things like com_ and de_ items is fine in a tomb, it is certainly a no-go in houses belonging to a certain style of furniture. You probably know this, but it's hard to check whether you do know if your showcase is not a house. I know some of these things may not be noticable ingame, such as the broken urn pieces, but it's important that you get these right so that rotation issues don't come up where you can indeed see them. Rotation on de_p was decent though, so you basically pass anyway. I'd just like to see a fixed version.
A couple additional notes:
-you don't add NPCs
-you don't add quests
-you don't add unique books/notes before they have been approved in the Literature section of our forums
-you don't add pathgrids

While it is nice that you know your way around with these things, most of this is done during the NPCing stage. You will have to do a seperate questing showcase, but I am certain that your writing skills will come in handy, the books in both files were excellent and we can certainly use writers and quest designers.

Anyway, the list:

light_sconce10_128 is caspering (in the winding corridor near the entrance)
furn_velothi_altar_01 is bleeding (x8)
TR_furn_de_urn_broke01 is slightly floating
TR_furn_de_urn_broke05is bleeding
contain_corpse10 is floating
TR_furn_de_urn_broke01 is half-floating
misc_skull00is bleeding through the bottom of the urn piece
TR_furn_de_urn_broke06is not quite properly rotated
TR_furn_de_urn_broke01 is bleeding
TR_furn_de_urn_broke04 is bleeding
extravagant_robe_01 needs to be 'f'ed

EJRS

Postby EJRS » 01 May 2014, 07:26

Work, illness and half-hearted decadence delayed me quite a bit in fixing this, but here is a fixed version. This adresses the things listed above, as well as some other small things I came across.

The furn_velothi_altar_01-placement had me a bit puzzled when first creating this. The slight up-tilt in the floor along the walls of the in_velothismall-set makes proper placement in niches troublesome, something which has been entirely ignored in the original Bethesda ancestral tombs.
I came up with two solutions, both which I have utilized in this version. I find both to have merits and drawbacks. What's your take on them?

Also, the contain_corpse10 still has the tip of the right foot slightly in the air, while the thumb of the right hand is sticking through the floor. This is kind of hard to solve, this mesh isn't made to perfectly sit on a flat surface. I hope it's allright.
Attachments
(25.71 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 01 May 2014, 14:31

I agree the container corpses are a pain in the ass, yours was just entirely floating, not just partially :D

The altars look good. You have shown that you can deal with these issues and that you properly understood what they were all about. Excellent! As promised, you shall be given the titles. Welcome to the team.

If you wish to look over your exterior file again, feel free to post it here and I'll give it a review. As I said, it looks good and almost perfect apart from a few things, similar to your interior showcase.

sasquatch

Postby sasquatch » 01 May 2014, 16:58

Welcome!

EJRS

Postby EJRS » 01 May 2014, 17:46

Thank you Scamp for the quick reviewing, and thank you Sasquatch for the welcome!

A lot of really nice assets being developed for this project, can't wait to juggle them around in the CS.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 03 May 2014, 20:02

EJRS wrote:Thank you Scamp for the quick reviewing, and thank you Sasquatch for the welcome!

A lot of really nice assets being developed for this project, can't wait to juggle them around in the CS.

Except we need more people like myself who can make models. We have like a number that can fit on one hand at the moment and quite honestly I have slacked off as of late.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 06 Aug 2014, 15:33

Hey EJ,

how urgent is the exterior review? I remember looking at it a very long time ago. My time this week is limited, just making sure you get the review if you really want it as I now have some free time.

EJRS

Postby EJRS » 06 Aug 2014, 17:03

Hey Scamp!
It's not really very urgent at all, I've been set on focusing primarily on interior work. To be honest, life hasn't really left me much time for that either, lately, so even if I gave this showcase some finishing touches and got promoted, it isn't likely that I'd have that much time left to do any exteriors at present.

No rush at all, in other words. Thanks for asking, though!

Return to Modder Showcase