Colovians & Nibenese

Laying out the guidelines for the characters of P:C, their schedules, and their homes.
TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Colovians & Nibenese

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 30 May 2013, 14:36

Colovians and Nibenese have different cultures, so it should be possible to give them different dialogue responses for certain topics. For example, in vanilla the Ashlanders have different responses than other Dunmer would.

There are a number of ways to do this. Ashlanders all belong to a special faction for which dialogue is filtered accordingly. That's not possible here because an NPC can't belong to two different factions in Morrowind.

The second method is through local scripts. That would lead to an inordinate amount of scripts (60+) because I also want to be able to filter according to County and there's also nolore to consider. If only Morrowind NPCs could have more than one script attached to them...

That leads to what I think is the simplest solution - to split Colovians and Nibenese into two entirely different races and filter dialogue accordingly. Originally I was intending to have Colovians as just the vanilla Imperials, but...

Wollibeebee wrote:The imperials should be Cyrodiils, or cyrods, or whatever the hell cyrodiillic people are. Also, Colovians and Nibenese are just the two prominent sub-groups that grew to power post-Ayleid-empire. (Infact, I believe there's even mention of Colovians being a nede tribe originally somewhere)

Why not just make two new races purely for dialog purposes, and leave the actual vanilla imperials for other province mods/vanilla to use for the less culture-specific dialog.

...I think this idea is neater and has less capacity for conflict, so is the one I intend to go with.

Colovians (identical to vanilla Imperials)

Attribute M/F
Strength 40/40
Intelligence 40/40
Willpower 30/40
Agility 30/30
Speed 40/30
Endurance 40/40
Personality 50/50
Luck 40/40

Skill
Speechcraft +10
Mercantile +10
Long Blade +10
Blunt Weapon +5
Light Armor +5
Hand-to-hand +5

Nibenese

Attribute M/F
Strength 40/40
Intelligence 40/40
Willpower 40/40
Agility 30/30
Speed 40/40
Endurance 30/30
Personality 50/50
Luck 40/40

Speechcraft +10
Mercantile +10
Illusion+10
Long Blade +5
Light Armor+5
Mysticism+5

I've made the Nibenese worse at endurance and better at willpower, and worse at long blade, hand-to-hand and blunt weapon and better at illusion and mysticism.

Does anyone have any other thoughts? I'm considering the option of making the Colovians more combat-orientated as the vanilla Imperial attributes and skills strike me as a mix of Colovian and Nibenese rather than pure Colovian.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Re: Colovians & Nibenese

Postby Scamp » 30 May 2013, 17:41

Shouldn't the Nibenese have Unarmored +5 rather than Light Armor? Light Armor is rather something for thiefs and assassins, doesn't seem to be quite fitting. Or just nothing and give them another magic skill bonus.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 30 May 2013, 18:44

I thought this was the plan all along, actually, so we could give the Nibenese body art. We should also make them thinner than vanilla Imperials, like to whatever the Dunmer are set to.

Luxray
P:C Modder

Postby Luxray » 30 May 2013, 20:10

Are both these new races going to be playable? Or just for NPCs only?
<Shurdi3> Also who has a framed picture of food in their house? What is this, TES instagram?

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 30 May 2013, 20:23

I would suggest non-playable.
Paladin of Vaermina

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 30 May 2013, 21:05

I don't think they were supposed to be playable, though it's an interesting thought.

I'd vote no though as we really shouldn't change anything in the game that doesn't involve entering Cyrodiil as a landmass.

Luxray
P:C Modder

Postby Luxray » 30 May 2013, 21:53

Yeah, I wouldn't actually suggest they be playable, though maybe adding the heads used to the vanilla Imperial race (but not using them on NPCs) could be an option.
<Shurdi3> Also who has a framed picture of food in their house? What is this, TES instagram?

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 30 May 2013, 22:04

Yeah, I already planned on having the heads be usable, so putting them on the vanilla list is fine. Non-playable is probably the best way to go with these new races I agree.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 30 May 2013, 22:24

This is gonna be cool.

I'm not so sure about tattoos Juib, it could be weird if the male half of half a population all had a squiggle line above the same nipple. But I'd certainly like to see some changes in physique, retexturing the skinny Dunmer bodies for Nibenese is a good idea.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 30 May 2013, 22:28

We could develop a reason behind the body tats, like certain "tribes" have certain body tats then you could identify people's families by their tats.
Project Coordinator

Return to Character Development