The Tragia Family - Lower-Class Imperials

Laying out the guidelines for the characters of P:C, their schedules, and their homes.
TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

The Tragia Family - Lower-Class Imperials

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 02 Aug 2012, 09:56

This is a large lower class family that occupies an entire lower class apartment building. The entire family is Imperial.

Gaius Tragia
Most of the lower class inhabitants of Stirk respect Gaius. He's a hard worker and good with people, and is the de facto leader of the lower class dock workers. He would have been promoted to a management position, perhaps even dockmaster, a long time ago if it were not for his frequent clashes with the authorities over pay and conditions. Therefore he is seen as a trouble-maker by the upper class and a hero by the lower class.

Despite this, Gaius is a firm supporter of Victus Pilious because he can clearly see the benefits that Victus has brought to Stirk, especially the new apartment buildings compared with the run-down shacks most of the poor used to live in. This belief is also held to various degrees by his children.

Adessa Tragia
Gaius' wife. She used to work on a fishing boat with her son Quintus and his wife Sophia before she injured her back in an accident and could no longer go to sea. Now she is a house-wife, although she also does oddjobs for her neighbours and occasionally the upper classes to earn a bit more money.

Quintus Tragia & Sophia Tragia
A husband and wife who both work on the same fishing boat. They make a weekly voyage to Anvil to cut out the middle-men of merchant ships. When they see the Anvil slums they realise how lucky Stirk is to have Victus Pilious and try to convince the other inhabitants of Stirk that that is the case.

Vantus Flonius & Martina Flonius
Gaius and Adessa's son-in-law and daughter who live in the same building. Vantus works with Gaius down the docks and still cannot believe that he's Gaius' son-in-law even several years after he married Martina.

Martina is one of the kitchen staff at Pilious Manor. She is less convinced that he is entirely benevolent after seeing the life of luxury he lives, but keeps her opinions to herself.

Varian Tragia
The youngest Tragia child, Varian works with his father and brother-in-law down in the docks.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Helena
Head of Quests

Re: The Tragia Family - Lower-Class Imperials

Postby Helena » 08 Aug 2012, 20:01

I'm fine with all this, except that I'm confused as to why Gaius supports Pilious when Pilious basically is the 'authorities'. Maybe Gaius could be the trouble-maker - remembering a time before Pilious came to the island - and his son Quintus the one who supports Victus due to his 'social improvements'. Lots of potential for family drama there, especially with them all cooped up in the same house together.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 12 Aug 2012, 14:05

I see it as a chain, ie:

Workers --> Middle Management --> Victus & other aristocrats

The workers never interact with the highest level (Victus) whereas they're constantly being given orders by the middle management, so when there is a problem they blame the people they can see. As far as they can see, the owners just sit in their mansions all day owning stuff and not really getting involved in the day-to-day workings of the docks. Obviously it's not really like that, but the owners try to maintain that illusion. However, the workers can see the new houses that Victus built and can see that they are much better than the shacks they used to have, which is why Gaius supports Victus.

So my opinion is that the aristocrats take as much credit as they can for good things that happen and avoid taking the blame for bad things by appearing to be not really involved. But if you disagree then your idea of a house divided is equally valid. You would just have to explain why Gaius thinks Victus is a bad thing for Stirk even though the new houses are much nicer.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 12 Aug 2012, 17:27

There is not really anyone but Victus living in a mansion on Stirk. He owns everything. Everyone is there by his "good will" and he profits off of them. Stirk is Victus, Victus is Stirk and there really should be no window dressing on it. The people know their situation sucks but they are in debt to Pilious with little in the way of help to get away shy of running from the Empire and that leaves Summerset. The people are stuck.
Project Coordinator

MoonAndStar
P:C Reviewer

Postby MoonAndStar » 14 Apr 2013, 20:28

Claiming :D

But just one doubt before I start. Technically this is an apartment building but everybody there is family; so do i make it feel more like one home (i.e, one dining room, lounge room...) or should every couple be limited to their room and therefore have their own lounge area, etc..? :uhhuh:

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 14 Apr 2013, 22:42

This is not a claim thread Moon&Star. This is back story of a family living in a claim.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 15 Apr 2013, 05:37

First I have to ask why this looks like a claim thread. I dont even deal with claims and can see it doesnt look like one.
Second, did you read the thread?
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 15 Apr 2013, 05:57

I'm pretty sure he got here through the link in the claim and simply forgot to go back to the actual claim.
Project Coordinator

MoonAndStar

Postby MoonAndStar » 15 Apr 2013, 11:32

SamirA wrote:I'm pretty sure he got here through the link in the claim and simply forgot to go back to the actual claim.

This. Apologies for any distress I may have caused... :)

So about that little doubt I had, do you have any preference, Samir?

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 15 Apr 2013, 18:35

MoonAndStar wrote:
SamirA wrote:I'm pretty sure he got here through the link in the claim and simply forgot to go back to the actual claim.

This. Apologies for any distress I may have caused... :)

So about that little doubt I had, do you have any preference, Samir?

Distress? Boy, I am someone who finds trolls to be funny. It takes alot more than a misplaced post to distress me, haha (no im not calling you a troll)

Badly made models on the other hand, yea, that seems a little distressing.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 15 Apr 2013, 19:29

You can make it feel more homey since everyone there is related.
Project Coordinator

MoonAndStar

Postby MoonAndStar » 15 Apr 2013, 20:35

Good!

I meant that light-heartedly Tarius, I know you're not distressed haha

Return to Character Development