Skjold the Seafarer, Captain of Seawyrm

Laying out the guidelines for the characters of P:C, their schedules, and their homes.
TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Skjold the Seafarer, Captain of Seawyrm

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 31 Jul 2012, 15:18

A roughspoken Nord, Skjold is the captain of the merchant ship Seawyrm. He was bringing a load of Skyrim timber down to Valenwood when he got caught in a storm in the Abecean and had to limp into Stirk harbour for repairs. Although his sailors continue to sleep on the ship, Skjold decided to make the most of the unexpected break and booked the double room at the Sload's Tale.

All of the crewmen of Seawyrm are great womanisers and have proved very popular with the young unmarried women of Stirk, much to the dismay of the island's young men who are falling over themselves to get the Seawyrm repaired as quickly as possible.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Re: Skjold the Seafarer, Captain of Seawyrm

Postby Rattfink333 » 31 Jul 2012, 15:48

oh boy! A ship full of nords, And a ship captained by a khajiit in the harbor at the same time. I bet the guard captain is having a fit of apoplexy about now :lol:
Paladin of Vaermina

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 31 Jul 2012, 20:31

Plus the pirate situation! Such fun! :scamp:
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 23 Feb 2013, 20:20

Here are two sailors for Seawyrm

Bjoern Skirt-Chaser
Bjoern is definitely a real ladies man. Up in Skyrim girls are harder to please with tales of daring-do, but Bjoern has found that southern women are much more easily impressed. The only disadvantage is that the warm temperature down south means he has to work shirtless. Of course, the fact that a hard life on the waves has given him a very muscly and attractive chest has nothing to do with it...

Kjoric the Younger
This is Kjoric's first voyage, and it's not proving as enjoyable as he'd imagined. There have been no sea battles, no encounters with monsters and no real fun at all. Fortunately being stranded in Stirk has it's compensations.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 23 Feb 2013, 23:35

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:Kjoric the Younger
This is Kjoric's first voyage, and it's not proving as enjoyable as he'd imagined. There have been no sea battles, no encounters with monsters and no real fun at all. Fortunately being stranded in Stirk has it's compensations.

Can we change this? I mean have a battle with explosions and stuff. Of course the PC needs to be present when stuff is exploding.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 24 Feb 2013, 12:27

I think there might be sea battles as part of the Anvil / Gold Coast MQ, but that'll happen in the future (in game terms). At the time Kjoric arrives in Stirk he personally hasn't experienced a sea battle.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 24 Feb 2013, 14:03

Sea battles? :D

Not sure if the engine is capable of that.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 24 Feb 2013, 19:27

Scamp wrote:Sea battles? :D

Not sure if the engine is capable of that.

Oh yes it is!

When you use the dwemer satchel packs, you get a nice boom. Add a different sound, a few particles, and some flying debris, and you get a nice explosion.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 24 Feb 2013, 21:45

If you script that, hell yeah.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 26 Feb 2013, 05:03

i remember seeing an entire ship blown up in half and sunk using scripting.
Paladin of Vaermina

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 26 Feb 2013, 19:15

Rattfink333 wrote:i remember seeing an entire ship blown up in half and sunk using scripting.

What? Where was this?

Return to Character Development