Muribus Curgusis, rag and bones man

Laying out the guidelines for the characters of P:C, their schedules, and their homes.
Tes96
P:C Reviewer

Re: Muribus Curgusis, rag and bones man

Postby Tes96 » 15 Feb 2014, 04:40

Just to make sure, this home has five people living in it, right? Muribus and Valdra have a son, Sergio, and they also live with Muribus' parents, who are Sergio's grandparents. Correct?

I'm using the rich com beds, like so.
I know I've brought this up before on the Bethsoft forums, but would people on Stirk really be using the same bed frames and bed sheets that the colovian Imperials use on Vvardenfell? Or is it just an act of simply not wanting to make new beds?

EDIT: I re-read this topic and TerrifyingDaedricFoe's explanation implies the family is poor because Muribus works at the docks. Are we not going off of Rattfink333's first post about Muribus being local Imperial poor class who collects garbage? Someone please lend a hand to this befuddled modder.
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 15 Feb 2014, 10:07

Three people.

Muribus collects garbage. His wife Valdra is a cleaner. His son Sergio is a dockworker. These are all badly paid jobs. Use com_p
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 16 Feb 2014, 04:48

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:Three people.

Muribus collects garbage. His wife Valdra is a cleaner. His son Sergio is a dockworker. These are all badly paid jobs. Use com_p

And yet they can afford a three story home? Real estate must be dirt cheap on Stirk.

There are only four objects that are furn_com_p_
furn_com_p_table_01
furn_com_p_bench_01
furn_com_p_shelf_03
furn_com_p_shelf_04

With that, I'll only be using active_com_bed_03 and active_com_bed_05 since they use the same texture.

That is very limited compared to the furn_com_rm_ objects. But I'm creative enough to work with four furniture objects. :geek: Poor people most likely wouldn't have a lot of furniture any ways.
So they'll have a lot of possessions since Muribus collects items to sell, but Valdra has obsessive compulsive disorder, so to speak, about keeping the place clean, so this place will have a lot of crap but it will be neatly organized and placed very precisely. This will be interesting.
Any other tidbits I should know about, TerrifyingDaedricFoe?
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 16 Feb 2014, 05:05

Real estate is provided by the government of Stirk for the poorer residents.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 16 Feb 2014, 10:46

New poor furniture is in the works.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 16 Feb 2014, 17:35

SamirA wrote:Real estate is provided by the government of Stirk for the poorer residents.
So it's similar to project housing here in California for the people on welfare and other government programs?

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:New poor furniture is in the works.

For now I'll use stuff like PC_Chest_01_Misc_01 and PC_Closet_01_MaleCloth_Col even though they don't match.

I'm assuming the reviewers are going to go back and replace a lot of things once the entirety of Stirk is complete. There are quite a lot of things I'm noticing that need fixing or improvement, especially the PC_In_Str_room tile sets. But I shouldn't be complaining when I haven't even finished one interior.

Previous

Return to Character Development