Muribus Curgusis, rag and bones man

Laying out the guidelines for the characters of P:C, their schedules, and their homes.
Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Muribus Curgusis, rag and bones man

Postby Rattfink333 » 31 Jul 2012, 02:55

Murber Urgusis, local imperial poor class. makes living collecting garbage from rich households. And sells what he salvages out of it to the poor. General npc. nothing about him stands out.
Paladin of Vaermina

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Murber Urgusis, rag and bones man

Postby Tarius » 31 Jul 2012, 05:37

Rattfink333 wrote:Murber Urgusis, local imperial poor class. makes living collecting garbage from rich households. And sells what he salvages out of it to the poor. General npc. nothing about him stands out.

I think his name needs changing, it doesnt really sound Imperial.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 31 Jul 2012, 14:37

no it doesn't really. but the names did come up in TR's namer. and i put those two together cause it an ugly name for an unpleasant life.

Muriber Urbinitos, does that sound better?
Paladin of Vaermina

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 31 Jul 2012, 17:50

Muribus Curgusis I think.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 31 Jul 2012, 18:22

sounds good to me, just need title updated now
Paladin of Vaermina

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Re: Muribus Curgusis, rag and bones man

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 26 Feb 2013, 18:12

I've given Muribus a wife and son. The wife is called Valdra Curgusis and the son is called Sergio Curgusis.

Valdra works as a cleaner at the town hall. She's really rather dull, and is obsessed with every cleanliness. She keeps her home as spotless as she keeps the town hall, and the neighbours can always tell when Muribus or Sergio forget to wipe the mud off their boots when they come home by the hysterical screams.

Sergio works down in the docks. He is lazy and tries to do as little work as possible. He relies on his parents to keep him clothed and fed, as every septim of his wage is spent on beer down at the tavern. He's been imprisoned overnight several times for his drunken antics, but nothing seems to persuade him to get himself in order. His parents are too soft to chuck him out the house and he knows it.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 27 Feb 2013, 00:02

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:I've given Muribus a wife and son. The wife is called Valdra Curgusis and the son is called Sergio Curgusis.

Valdra works as a cleaner at the town hall. She's really rather dull, and is obsessed with every cleanliness. She keeps her home as spotless as she keeps the town hall, and the neighbours can always tell when Muribus or Sergio forget to wipe the mud off their boots when they come home by the hysterical screams.

Sergio works down in the docks. He is lazy and tries to do as little work as possible. He relies on his parents to keep him clothed and fed, as every septim of his wage is spent on beer down at the tavern. He's been imprisoned overnight several times for his drunken antics, but nothing seems to persuade him to get himself in order. His parents are too soft to chuck him out the house and he knows it.

This feels way to specific...

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 27 Feb 2013, 03:45

You can't be too specific in character background. All of that doesn't make it in game.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 27 Feb 2013, 06:43

SamirA wrote:You can't be too specific in character background. All of that doesn't make it in game.

Should compile it all in a book and release it once the mod is mostly done in years from now.

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 27 Feb 2013, 12:16

Tarius wrote:
SamirA wrote:You can't be too specific in character background. All of that doesn't make it in game.

Should compile it all in a book and release it once the mod is mostly done in years from now.

I'd love it if we added a autobiography to a random bandit recounting his entire life, it'd be a complete tear-jerk, full of scandals and disasters, revealing how the man had to resort to being a bandit just to support his now motherless children. Then you realize you just killed the block.

And I was merely jokingly insinuating that TDF based the family after his own, due to how detailed it was. :P
I doubt more than 10% of the details written here will make it ingame, but it's good to have it here for the sake of building personalities during a quest for quest making.

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 16 Jan 2014, 04:21

How can that information TDF posted not make it into the final game? All you do is have the NPC or other NPCs talk about that stuff that he posted, i.e. Background or the other NPCs talking about him. I mean, NPCs aren't just lifeless walking wikipedias. Every person has a history and a story to tell about their life.
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 16 Jan 2014, 04:27

Nobody said they were. Every scrap of NPC idea is not something that is reflected in game. If you can find out the entire backstory of an NPC by walking up and asking them or their neighbors then something is wrong. Nobody is that forthcoming to complete strangers.
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 17 Jan 2014, 04:27

SamirA wrote:Nobody said they were. Every scrap of NPC idea is not something that is reflected in game. If you can find out the entire backstory of an NPC by walking up and asking them or their neighbors then something is wrong. Nobody is that forthcoming to complete strangers.

You are correct, sir. But then how else are NPC ideas reflected if not in-game? :?:
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 17 Jan 2014, 05:11

They aren't... All of the ideas are to lay a framework about who an NPC is. Then bits of that are taken and put in game in the form of dialog or text or the way the NPC is dressed or how their home is put together. However, not every sentence about an NPC from this stage will make it in game. Saying Curgusis likes to pick his boogers can help you set up a room but that doesn't mean people will understand this or that it is even something that can be shown unless it happens to be one of the things that is decided to be discussed in dialog or text which is rather unlikely.

All of this to say, these threads are simply about trying to flesh out a character and much of it will be seen in game because that is the point of these threads, but not every dotted i and crossed t of these stories is game material.
Project Coordinator

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 20 Jan 2014, 00:37

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:I've given Muribus a wife and son. The wife is called Valdra Curgusis and the son is called Sergio Curgusis.

I love that you wrote this detailed information out, TDF. It truly does help with getting ideas going for designing the interior. Do Muribus' parents live with him and his family? Does Valdra keep the entire house as orderly and neat as she can? She sounds like she would be a Virgo if she were born in our world.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 20 Jan 2014, 10:31

No, his parents don't live with him. Yes the house is kept very neat and tidy. That doesn't mean you can't have clutter, it's just very neatly laid out. Think Poirot, always straightening ornaments on the mantelpiece.

I enjoyed coming up with lots of NPC ideas, but I doubt other cities will be so detailed simply because we'll hopefully be working a lot faster and Cyrodiil will probably end up with well over a thousand characters, although we will be borrowing a lot of Oblivion people.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 21 Jan 2014, 02:11

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:No, his parents don't live with him. Yes the house is kept very neat and tidy. That doesn't mean you can't have clutter, it's just very neatly laid out. Think Poirot, always straightening ornaments on the mantelpiece.

I enjoyed coming up with lots of NPC ideas, but I doubt other cities will be so detailed simply because we'll hopefully be working a lot faster and Cyrodiil will probably end up with well over a thousand characters, although we will be borrowing a lot of Oblivion people.

Never heard of Poirot. Does he have obsessive compulsive disorder like Monk?

Why the hurry, though? You see what happens when Bethesda rushes a product. bugs bugs bugs :/
I'd love for each town to be immensely detailed. And with all the people we have working, I don't see why we couldn't.
I'm going to be so excited to see some of the TESIV characters in TESIII! :mrgreen:

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 21 Jan 2014, 14:36

Tes96 wrote:Never heard of Poirot. Does he have obsessive compulsive disorder like Monk?

You've never heard of Poirot!? Although I've never watched Monk, so I suppose we're even.
I believe a speck of dust would have caused him more pain than a bullet wound.

So yes, I'd say he does have OCD.

Tes96 wrote:Why the hurry, though? You see what happens when Bethesda rushes a product. bugs bugs bugs :/

I'm not saying it should be rushed, it just sometimes feels like we've been working on Stirk for ever.

Tes96 wrote:I'd love for each town to be immensely detailed. And with all the people we have working, I don't see why we couldn't.

Well, we've got 11 large cities to populate, plus smaller towns like Brina Cross and Aleswell. That's a lot of work if all of them receive a bit of backstory and personality.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Tes96

Postby Tes96 » 23 Jan 2014, 04:50

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:
Tes96 wrote:I'd love for each town to be immensely detailed. And with all the people we have working, I don't see why we couldn't.

Well, we've got 11 large cities to populate, plus smaller towns like Brina Cross and Aleswell. That's a lot of work if all of them receive a bit of backstory and personality.

Right, but we don't have a deadline. Besides, even once we finish P:C, there are still other provinces that most of us will probably be working on. Once TESVI comes out, probably a lot of us will help out with whatever province that takes place in. Modding is a never ending hobby. So I don't look at once particular place, city or province as a lot of work because I'm constantly modding and I put about the same number of hours into modding each week. Whether I finish 3 interiors in a month or no interiors in a month simply varies. You get what I'm saying, though. :hug:

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 24 Jan 2014, 00:21

Tes96 wrote:
TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:

Right, but we don't have a deadline.

This is the first step in never ever getting things finished. It may be that there is no deadline, but that is no reason to cram as much stuff in as you possibly can. We are moving slowly enough as is because we dont currently have enough people nor can we project how many we will have to work on things here. More can always be added later on, but there is no reason to hold everything else up for that.

Next

Return to Character Development