Erissare, mage advisor to Pilious [idea]

Laying out the guidelines for the characters of P:C, their schedules, and their homes.
Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Erissare, mage advisor to Pilious [idea]

Postby Rattfink333 » 30 Jul 2012, 04:37

Since i set up a room in the manor for one. here is the idea.

Erissare is a female altmer mage who is there to 'advise' Pilious and help with opening new trade with the summerset isles. She is a secret member of the thalmor cult. (since it doesn't make its rise till after the oblivion crisis. But is there) Her real mission is spying for her people.(the thalmor)

She was born in Dusk on the summerset isles. Last person who asked her age got 60,000 volts of lightning spell for an answer.
Paladin of Vaermina

Helena
Head of Quests

Re: Erissare, mage advisor to Pilious [idea]

Postby Helena » 30 Jul 2012, 14:04

Ugh... I knew this would come up at some point. I'd really rather avoid mentioning the Thalmor, since there is no mention of them at all in the lore prior to Skyrim, and as far as I'm concerned they basically don't exist at the time of MW. Another issue is that we already have an Altmer mage spy character in this quest, as well as a Nightingale cultist living in Stirk, and to have all these in one town seems a bit much.

I'm fine with Pilious having a mage advisor, but I think we should take out the Thalmor bit and just keep the other parts. Name may also need changing, since I think there is already an Altmer named Erissare somewhere in Morrowind (will have to check that though). Anyway, she can have one of the upper-class houses.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 30 Jul 2012, 18:13

Helena wrote:Ugh... I knew this would come up at some point. I'd really rather avoid mentioning the Thalmor, since there is no mention of them at all in the lore prior to Skyrim, and as far as I'm concerned they basically don't exist at the time of MW. Another issue is that we already have an Altmer mage spy character in this quest, as well as a Nightingale cultist living in Stirk, and to have all these in one town seems a bit much.

I'm fine with Pilious having a mage advisor, but I think we should take out the Thalmor bit and just keep the other parts. Name may also need changing, since I think there is already an Altmer named Erissare somewhere in Morrowind (will have to check that though). Anyway, she can have one of the upper-class houses.

The 1st pg does mention the thalmor as proconsuls of the aldmeri dominion in Valenwood.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 30 Jul 2012, 18:54

Yes, but the Thalmor mentioned in the PGE1 are clearly not the same ones that appear in Skyrim (the 3rd PGE mentions that the Thalmor government collapsed in Tiber Septim's time). They may have got the name from there.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 30 Jul 2012, 20:37

They existed in some form at this time, because they were in the position to claim responsiblility for defeating the deadra in the oblivion crisis a few years later. But they probably wouldn't have agents in obscure places like Stirk. Valenwood, possibly. The Imperial City, probably one spy of some sort keeping tabs on Imperial government policy. But not Stirk.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 30 Jul 2012, 22:33

Yes, the Thalmor should be left to Valenwood in this time frame.
Project Coordinator

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 31 Jul 2012, 00:18

Drop all the thalmor and spy stuff. How about she is a Sworn advisor of his. Something like bonded. And keep it simple.
She should be a minor background character anyways. All i made her up for is to peg to the room in the manor for her. And then got carried away with a too elaborate background that ended up cross-purposing others. Which i didn't intend, Sorry about that.
she doesn't need a place in town helena. She attached to the manor. The interior is the size of about six houses. So it needs people.

How about Estarria for a name. Sorta anagrammed the original. I was using TR namer.
Paladin of Vaermina

Return to Character Development