Gargash gro-Ufgrob - Wandering Mercenary

Laying out the guidelines for the characters of P:C, their schedules, and their homes.
TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Gargash gro-Ufgrob - Wandering Mercenary

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 07 Apr 2012, 17:06

Gargash gro-Ufgrob is a wandering mercenary and adventurer who was dumped on Stirk by the captain of the ship he was on after picking a fight with one of the crew and breaking his jaw. Gargash booked a room at the Sload's Tale and got down to the serious business of drowning his sorrows in copious amounts of alcohol. Whilst he does do the occasional odd-job for people in Stirk he has not yet been asked to solve any of the more serious problems facing the island due to being exceptionally drunk most of the time.

I thought that Gargash could play a part in the Stirk MQ. If you side with Victus then Gargash is recruited by the pirates to perform some nefarious deed of some description and you have to stop / punish him. If you side with the pirates then Victus finally resorts to hiring Gargash to stop them.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Gargash gro-Ufgrob - Wandering Mercenary

Postby Tarius » 07 Apr 2012, 21:46

This is an interesting thought. Definitely something that can be done to make things vary. In a further twist, there should be some choice or two during the Stirk main quest that will allow him to side with you.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

alex25
P:C Reviewer

Postby alex25 » 08 Apr 2012, 09:02

Perhaps you could have him as a permanent follower if you take some paths.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 09 Apr 2012, 03:09

Who is making the Sload's Tale? At this point this character would need to be cleared with them first.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 09 Apr 2012, 09:21

Me
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 09 Apr 2012, 12:19

That is what I figured.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 09 Apr 2012, 14:27

Only thing is, there's already an Orc working for the pirates who was supposed to be the only one in Stirk (I've even written some dialogue to that effect). I don't mind changing the dialogue a bit to accommodate your character, but I'd rather not incorporate another Orc character into the MQ at this stage.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 09 Apr 2012, 15:27

Oh, didn't realise that. I suppose he could be a Nord instead. Torkild Stone-Shield or something.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 10 Apr 2012, 00:19

Please talk to Helena about NPC ideas for Stirk at this late stage before creating spaces for them. This should have been done long ago, but it's no big deal TDF. I'm fine with a Nord so long as it doesn't mess with Helena.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 10 Apr 2012, 01:11

Would it be OK to put him in Anvil instead of Stirk? There should be some piracy-related stuff going on there as well, so it would work just as well.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 10 Apr 2012, 03:43

That ould work well. Anvil and the GC in general will have a pirate issue.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 10 Apr 2012, 10:00

Then who is staying at the Sload's Tale?
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 10 Apr 2012, 13:47

There's Vestus Aeolus, the as-yet-unnamed characters from this quest, and presumably Jafan and Aria? As well as the innkeepers themselves, of course.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 10 Apr 2012, 15:50

I'd have thought Vestus would have his own house. Jafan & Aria have their ship, as would the mercenaries. I don't see why I can't make up a new character. We do need more characters for Stirk - there aren't enough at the moment to fill up all the houses, especially the rich and poor districts. This Orc or Nord or whatever doesn't have to involved in any quests, I just thought it might be a good idea. It's annoying when I come up with an idea and it's dismissed because it conflicts with something I don't have access to.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 10 Apr 2012, 16:29

More characters are fine; I'd just rather not have them involved in the main quest. I thought that if you wanted Gargash involved in a major quest, Anvil would be better - but if you're happy for me to just make him a random NPC, I'm fine with that.

As for the others: Vestus can be found in the tavern even if he has a house elsewhere. It's up to you if you want J&A to sleep on their ship, but the other characters may prefer not to do so even if they have their own ship. Out of interest, how big are we planning to make the Sload's Tale, anyway? I can't imagine there would be more than 3-4 rooms available, and we should leave one of them empty in case the player wants to use it.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 10 Apr 2012, 16:58

Sorry, I think you misinterpreted what I said. When I said 'staying' I meant 'who has hired a room for the night'. At the moment the Sload's Tale has three rooms, one for the Argonian owners, one for the PC and one for the wandering mercenary (who can be Gargash gro-Ufgrob or Torkild Stone-Shield , whichever is easier for you).
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 10 Apr 2012, 22:38

Helena wrote:More characters are fine; I'd just rather not have them involved in the main quest. I thought that if you wanted Gargash involved in a major quest, Anvil would be better - but if you're happy for me to just make him a random NPC, I'm fine with that.

As for the others: Vestus can be found in the tavern even if he has a house elsewhere. It's up to you if you want J&A to sleep on their ship, but the other characters may prefer not to do so even if they have their own ship. Out of interest, how big are we planning to make the Sload's Tale, anyway? I can't imagine there would be more than 3-4 rooms available, and we should leave one of them empty in case the player wants to use it.

I always thought the inns seemed rediculously small. I would be in favor of at least 5 rooms.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Return to Character Development