Chapel of Kynareth characters

Laying out the guidelines for the characters of P:C, their schedules, and their homes.
Helena
Head of Quests

Chapel of Kynareth characters

Postby Helena » 09 Feb 2012, 21:20

These are characters who will be resident in the Chapel of Kynareth.

Primate: Tynellion

Tynellion is an Altmer who comes from a treetop village just within the borders of Valenwood. Having grown up surrounded by forests, he's always felt a strong connection to nature, and a religious upbringing inspired him to travel to Cyrodiil to spread the word of Kynareth. It was his choice to dedicate the Chapel, which had previously served all the Divines, specifically to her.

He is mild-mannered and kind, but a bit of a loner. In his spare time he prefers to take long walks around the island and admire its natural beauty. He enjoys his job, but is a bit disappointed by the lack of spiritual interest among Stirk's population. Never entirely comfortable among humans, he hopes to return to his native Valenwood fairly soon ('fairly soon' in his case meaning 'within a century or so').

Priest: Hakin

The only child of wealthy Hammerfellian parents, Hakin grew up spoiled and rebellious. After one too many drunken exploits landed him in jail for several weeks, his parents decided that the only solution was send him to some quiet, remote place to be trained as a priest. Naturally Hakin is not too keen on his new 'vocation', and prefers to spend his time drinking and enjoying himself whenever he gets away from the chapel. He is a friend of Moreil, the son of the hotelliers at Safe Harbor.

Salvan Llethi

Salvan is the only Dunmer in Stirk. He comes from a village in the north-west of Morrowind, which was wiped out in a brutal raid by Nord bandits. Wounded in the fighting, Salvyn was taken prisoner and dragged across the border to Skyrim, where the bandits basically kept him as a slave until he was finally rescued by Imperial soldiers.

Having lost everything and everyone he knew, Salvyn didn't see any reason to return to Morrowind. All he wanted was to get as far away from Skyrim as possible, so he set out across Cyrodiil with nothing but the clothes on his back, begging and occasionally stealing in order to survive. Along the way he took to drinking heavily in order to cope with the harsh conditions and painful memories. By the time he reached Stirk, he was too sick and exhausted to go any further.

Tynellion found him begging in the streets and took pity on him after hearing his story, offering him a room and board at the Chapel. He's been there ever since, and though his health has improved, he's still depressed and alcoholic. He loathes Nords and is extremely unfriendly towards any he meets, including the player (though this won't affect gameplay as I don't plan to involve him in any quests).

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Chapel of Kynareth characters

Postby Tarius » 09 Feb 2012, 22:46

Salvan is the only Dunmer in Stirk. He comes from a village in the north-west of Morrowind, which was wiped out in a brutal raid by Nord bandits. Wounded in the fighting, Salvyn was taken prisoner and dragged across the border to Skyrim, where the bandits basically kept him as a slave until he was finally rescued by Imperial soldiers.

Is there any mention of this village in TR? I mean, yes I can see this sort of thing happening, but an entire village getting whiped out would be an event that people talk about. Unless of course you mean village as in like 2 or 3 houses out in the middle of no-where.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 09 Feb 2012, 22:54

I think I can arrange a whiped-out village in Uld Vraech, since that's the only area in North-Western Morrowind not being worked on at the very moment.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 09 Feb 2012, 23:03

That didn't occur to me, I have to admit. Though the idea was that this happened some time ago (at least a year or two), so I doubt people would still be talking about it very much.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 09 Feb 2012, 23:52

Scamp wrote:I think I can arrange a whiped-out village in Uld Vraech, since that's the only area in North-Western Morrowind not being worked on at the very moment.

I find this very funny. Need something whiped out? I can arrange it!
The power! The people who sit at the heads of the major mods can effect everyone.

Anyway, I didnt think to take into account the time. However, even if it was only a couple years earlier, there would still be leftovers from it.
This would be an interesting thing to do, have a quest in TR involving that village and have the trail go cold there only to have it pick up in PC. There would be no need to have them directly linked.(ie dependent)

This gives me a further idea. There should be a few abondoned run down buildings or signs of life scattered about in isolated places around the province, in fact I remember the places in skyrim like that where they had ruined wooden houses and buildings. Some of them could be "abandoned" and have a surprise.
MW and Oblivion didnt really have anything/much in the way of "recently" abandoned structures.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 10 Feb 2012, 01:08

There is definately strife in the northwest of Morrowind due to Nords so I don't think any remnants have to be there. Scamp could indeed claim a place there and create such a thing though if we feel we really wanted to have that.

I also would eventually like to see quests go across province borders, but that is probably going to have to be an add on feature.

Scamp, the Kynareth banners are the vanilla ones mentioned earlier in this thread.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 10 Feb 2012, 01:45

SamirA wrote:There is definately strife in the northwest of Morrowind due to Nords so I don't think any remnants have to be there.

My point is that anything which gets destroyed is going to leave a sign. That is all.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 10 Feb 2012, 03:05

This is first and foremost a game however. In real life certainly what you say is true, but not everything is displayed in a game world that would be there in real life. I agree though that it would be ideal to have some actual ruins in the area the dunmer comes from.

Also I agree that there should be some ruined/abandoned buildings in remote areas of Cyrodiil. There are plenty of reasons this would occur and they are a nice addition for quest purposes as well.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 10 Feb 2012, 20:36

Where exactly is Uld Vraech anyway? Do you have a map of it somewhere?

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 10 Feb 2012, 21:08

Osidian
P:C Modder

Postby Osidian » 10 Feb 2012, 21:08

Here's a map of north-western Morrowind from TR: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2835/mwmap5.jpg

(Uld Vreach is the UV part :P )

I don't know much about it, but it's a snowy area without any big settlement. Nords raiding small settlements in that area wouldn't be surprising.

edit: Scamp's faster than me.
I am no salmon – Dagon

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 10 Feb 2012, 22:08

Redoran territory on the border with Skyrim, perfect. To expand a little: Salvan's home was a small, isolated village of farmers and herders. As they weren't members of the House, the Redorans never really bothered to defend them properly, especially once the Council relocated to Vvardenfell. As a result they suffered years of small-scale raiding and general harrassment before the final attack which destroyed the village. Salvan still feels quite a bit of resentment towards House Redoran because of this.

Osidian
P:C Modder

Postby Osidian » 10 Feb 2012, 22:22

Abandoning people of Morrowind just because they're not from their House doesn't seem very redoran-ish. Maybe they were just surprised. Of course that doesn't necessarily exclude Salvan's resentment because after all the Redoran were unable to protect the village.
I am no salmon – Dagon

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 10 Feb 2012, 22:28

They weren't 'abandoned' as such; it's just that the Redorans (who've been declining in power for quite a while, remember) didn't really have the resources to properly protect every little village in their territory. They had to concentrate their forces in places that were - to put it bluntly - more important. Of course, it's hardly surprising that Salvan has trouble seeing things from their perspective.

Return to Character Development