Marina and Hesta Alleus - Fisherwomen

Laying out the guidelines for the characters of P:C, their schedules, and their homes.
Helena
Head of Quests

Marina and Hesta Alleus - Fisherwomen

Postby Helena » 27 Sep 2011, 14:44

Marina and Hesta are two sisters who live in Stirk's poor quarter. Like most of the town's poor, they are fisherwomen working for Victus Pilious. They are quite mischievous, and are involved in the Mermaids quest.

Marina, the elder sister, got her name because she was born at sea. Her mother Alva didn't realise she was pregnant, and gave birth unexpectedly on board a fishing-boat. The sisters now live with Alva, who's too old to go to sea any longer, and makes her living by cleaning, gutting and skinning fish to prepare them for sale at the market.
Last edited by Helena on 02 Oct 2011, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Marina and Pella Alleus - Fisherwomen

Postby Tarius » 27 Sep 2011, 19:39

Helena wrote:Marina and Pella are two sisters who live in Stirk's poor quarter. Like most of the town's poor, they are fisherwomen working for Victus Pilious. They are quite mischievous, and are involved in the Mermaids quest.

Marina, the elder sister, got her name because she was born at sea. Her mother Alva didn't realise she was pregnant, and gave birth unexpectedly on board a fishing-boat. The sisters now live with Alva, who's too old to go to sea any longer, and makes her living by cleaning, gutting and skinning fish to prepare them for sale at the market.

Um, I have to disagree with the not realizing pregnancy part, unless they go out for many months at a time which I would find doubtful; they would have to work on a large ship for this. This is like saying someone is "only a little pregnant."
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 27 Sep 2011, 21:35

You would think so Tarius, but there are plenty of cases of people not knowing they were pregnant and then having a child in some random place. Heck they even had a TLC show about it.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 27 Sep 2011, 23:26

SamirA is right; it's surprisingly common in real life. Usually it involves people who are overweight to start with, but not always.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 28 Sep 2011, 01:07

but, eh, periods?
it maye happen in real life.. but there's shows and the internet explaining it :P.
i didn't even know it's possible, so ingame it'd be even weirder.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 28 Sep 2011, 10:12

Wolli: not everyone who's pregnant stops having periods, or develops an obvious 'baby bump'. If you didn't realise it could happen, let this be a learning experience for you ;)

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 28 Sep 2011, 16:39

Maybe she did know she was pregnant, but the baby was born unexpectedly prematurely when she was out fishing. If she was poor she'd have had to keep working to feed her and her family up until it became physically impossible.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 28 Sep 2011, 17:37

Maybe. Or else I'll just have Marina herself tell the story, and people who don't believe it can assume she's joking or lying or whatever.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 28 Sep 2011, 17:58

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:Maybe she did know she was pregnant, but the baby was born unexpectedly prematurely when she was out fishing. If she was poor she'd have had to keep working to feed her and her family up until it became physically impossible.

Actually, this makes the most sense. If it came early, that is definitly something unexpected. Even a couple weeks to a month would be good enough and would be less suprising to people than if she didnt actually know she was.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 28 Sep 2011, 22:27

I'll think about it, but it's not like this is a major plot point anyway - we're talking one or two lines of dialogue at most.

Helena
Head of Quests

Re: Marina and Hesta Alleus - Fisherwomen

Postby Helena » 02 Oct 2011, 22:44

Changed Pella's name because I realised I'd already used it for another character.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Marina and Hesta Alleus - Fisherwomen

Postby SamirA » 03 Oct 2011, 03:37

I was wondering about that bit, good change.
Project Coordinator

Return to Character Development