Irgolann - The Ra-Jumbei

Laying out the guidelines for the characters of P:C, their schedules, and their homes.
DJGamer
Mad God

Irgolann - The Ra-Jumbei

Postby DJGamer » 29 Aug 2011, 15:59

This character hasn't been fully developed yet so feel free to use this thread to help me brainstorm some ideas.

Irgolann has been in the position of Ra-Jumbei, or "Upper Boss" for many years. He is in charge of all major decisions that will effect the Kali Mes in the long term and is also a figurehead "leader" despite the effect that all Tatu-Jumbei are technically considered equals.

In the face of the recent dispute over which province Sutch should occupy, he has been particularly indecisive. In some ways he'd prefer the situation remain the same but he also sees some benefits to Sutch becoming fully part of Cyrodiil or Hammerfell. Presently, he's just letting events unfold on their own. The Shauriaad, Lairah Hawker has repeatedly attempted to convince him to tilt the scales in favor of Sutch becoming part of Hammerfell but he has thus far appeared to ignore her advice in this matter.

------------------------

Edit: I've recently considered that he may not necessarily by indecisive so much as he'd rather have things remain as they are and may even be working toward that goal. Afterall, having the territory split as it is so far has made it easy to pull off their operations due to the vague jurisdictions either province has over the area.

It's also possible that Lairah's concern is that at some point the law enforcement agencies from both sides may decide to cooperate to bring them down.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

ZackG
P:C Legend

Re: Irgolann - The Ra-Jumbei

Postby ZackG » 30 Aug 2011, 17:28

In the kali Mes' original discussion we talked about how they were so successful in their operations because of the question marks surrounding who was to police them that they got away with many more things. I think that would be the best way to go. And Id further question why anybody in the kali Mes who has any knowledge of the overview of their operations and the political situation of Sutch would ever try to suggest tilting Sutch towards anything different. Their focus should be on maintaining what they have and sabotaging any sort of decision, convincing either through bribery or discreet force that no politician need make a decision.

DJGamer
Mad God

Re: Irgolann - The Ra-Jumbei

Postby DJGamer » 30 Aug 2011, 18:21

I basically agree with that at least in terms of Igrolann's acesment (Google Chrome's dictionary is being insane right now-giving me suggestions such as "tradesman" wtf?!) of the present situation.

I'd still want to go with Lairah being motivated to have Sutch in Hammerfell for reasons I might attempt to elaborate a bit more on in her character thread. Of course, we could always just reduce her motivations down to she just wants the power and thinks she can manage the Kali Mes better-but I'd rather tie it into the main story.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Return to Character Development