Helvor family - impoverished nobility

Laying out the guidelines for the characters of P:C, their schedules, and their homes.
Helena
Head of Quests

Helvor family - impoverished nobility

Postby Helena » 04 Aug 2011, 19:41

The Helvors are descendents of the original founders of Stirk, living in one of the largest and grandest manors in the town. However, by the time Sir Decius Helvor came into his inheritance, most of the family fortune had been frittered away on gambling and other pursuits. To avoid bankruptcy, they were finally forced to sell off most of their land and property to up-and-comers like Victus Pilious - but this gave only short-term relief, as they could no longer rely on income from rents and leases.

Sir Decius died of a heart attack a few years ago, leaving his family to fend for themselves. His wife Astoria is preoccupied with managing the house and finding ways to make ends meet. Their son Gracchus is a strong and hearty but rather dim young man, who dreams of being a knight like his father. His sister Vilina, the most practical of the three, is determined to find some way to restore the family fortunes.

The family run the house with the help of their only remaining servants, Caspus Quillan and his wife Mara. Due to a combination of family pride and traditional Colovian stubbornness, none of them are prepared to sell the manor and move away from Stirk. Despite their lack of money, their family connections still give them a certain amount of influence.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Helvor family - impoverished nobility

Postby SamirA » 04 Aug 2011, 20:11

Nice, I like it. I think I just found a use for the house outside the city gates and for the crypt. Helvor Family Crypt and perhaps the home is their manor, though there may be another suitable locale within the city as well. Great characters and story. Perhaps Sir Decius' ghost could be part of a quest. Lots of good things could come from these characters Helena.

EDIT: Better yet, their home could be the one with the tower attached, it's unique enough for it to be their "manor" since Victus owns the giant one. Then we can keep the undertaker place in the home outside the gates near the graveyard. More great characters like this are essential to Stirk. Keep 'em coming. You now can see the buildings and I'll soon be able to map them out and show you exactly what certain buildings are.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 05 Aug 2011, 02:37

Sir Decius died of a heart attack a few years ago

Would they even know what a heart attack is? They would probably just call it a bad heart or something.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 05 Aug 2011, 09:35

Tarius wrote:
Sir Decius died of a heart attack a few years ago
Would they even know what a heart attack is? They would probably just call it a bad heart or something.

Yes, his wife refers to it as 'heart trouble'.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 05 Aug 2011, 23:48

New screens uploaded to the gallery. I won't bother putting them into the thread anymore I guess. Gallery needs to be used more often.

Also, please visit my blog if you are eager to see more screenshots, I decided to always include a few extra shots in my blog posts so that people actually get motivated to look at it :D

Return to Character Development