Stirk Demographics

Laying out the guidelines for the characters of P:C, their schedules, and their homes.
Helena
Head of Quests

Stirk Demographics

Postby Helena » 22 Jul 2011, 22:33

Now that we're getting closer to being able to place characters in Stirk, I thought I'd start this thread to keep track of Stirk's racial demographics. As I understand it, the population is meant to be mainly Imperial and Redguard with a significant minority of Altmer. This is what we have so far:

Imperials 19
Redguards 11
Altmer 6
Bosmer 2
Argonians 2
Bretons 1
Orcs 1
Nords 1
Dunmer 1

Total 44

I'll update this as more NPCs are added. This can act as a guide for anyone coming up with new character concepts. At some point we'll need to decide how large Stirk's total population should be (including guards, beggars, etc.)

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Re: Stirk Demographics

Postby Rattfink333 » 31 Jul 2012, 01:47

46 interiors in the town. Say 1.5 npcs per int on average. thats 69. then a dozen guards. and a dozen sailors. And a couple of bums...85-90 roughly. Sound about right?
Paladin of Vaermina

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 31 Jul 2012, 09:21

Wouldn't it be more, because it seems that all the lower class buildings are going to be home to multiple families?
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 31 Jul 2012, 13:40

Could be that was a lowball estimate. But do we really want to MCA the place when we got the rest of the province as well?
Paladin of Vaermina

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 31 Jul 2012, 17:45

Rattfink333 wrote:Could be that was a lowball estimate. But do we really want to MCA the place when we got the rest of the province as well?

I think I agree with this. It is nice to have lots of people around making it feel like more than a village, but it needs to be balanced with the rest of what needs to be done.
I think that a minimum number needs to be included(for each settlement) and if there isnt much to do elsewhere at the time, more can be added.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 03 Aug 2012, 04:29

TDF, including guards and sailors at a dozen each. We just hit 108 characters. Let's let Helena and SamirA see if they will all fit before we come up with more. Anvil is just around the corner.
Paladin of Vaermina

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 03 Aug 2012, 04:57

Helena will undoubtedly cull some ideas. We dont need to go overboard. Anvil is indeed right around the corner.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 08 Aug 2012, 19:44

I'm sure they'll all fit; we still have quite a few unfilled buildings. However, since we've had quite a few new ideas recently, I'd like to get these NPCs placed before people come up with new ones. After that I'll go on a character-creation blitz and add them all to the main file (though some will still lack dialogue); I'll try to get that done over the next few days.

Return to Character Development