Anvil - Poor Quarter

Laying out the guidelines for the characters of P:C, their schedules, and their homes.
Praedator
P:C Reviewer

Anvil - Poor Quarter

Postby Praedator » 30 Jul 2014, 17:23

I just made this thread for my ideas on Anvil, ideas or clues linked to the actual clutter in the exterior.

Interior 86-88, Poor Housing.

Interior 86: is of a poor woodworker, he makes the poor exterior furniture for poor quarter. He lives close to one of the entrances, namely the end of Lighthouse Rd, next to the Imperial Navy HQ. He makes quite a dime because the furniture of many establishments gets wrecked ever so often.

Interior 87 and 88: he and interior 88 are good friends and neighbours, they fish together, dine together and gamble together, the 4 dice game, for that they invite Interior 86 as he is a but dumb and owns quite a dime from making furniture.
Interior 87 also has a riding markestall and sells their fish at the poor market on a regular basis.
The Bedroll between Int 87 and 88 is of a good friend of them, she is a skooma addict they protect and feed. Sometimes she likes to gamble with them as well.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/49xblv2bxeb5nte/TES%20Construction%20Set%202014-07-30%2017-20-57-83.jpg

Interior 63: Poor Inn, its more of a bunkhouse, with long-term rentals to locals that work in the city, they provide a breakfast, and allow gambling outside.

Interior 70: Poor Inn, its a hotel for the poor, with several rooms, a restaurant/bar, and terracy tables. Gambling goes on in the inside (restaurant) here and at a table in the back alley.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Anvil - Poor Quarter

Postby Tarius » 30 Jul 2014, 23:52

poor woodworker,... .... He makes quite a dime

That right there is contradictory. If hes poor, he cant be making all that much. Even if hes making cheap furnature but selling tons, that doesnt mean hes poor.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 31 Jul 2014, 00:56

It doesn't necessarily mean the woodworker is poor, but that he make the poor style furniture.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 31 Jul 2014, 03:06

SamirA wrote:It doesn't necessarily mean the woodworker is poor, but that he make the poor style furniture.

Well I submit that this is a poor choice of words. haha
I suggest he be called a "rugged" furnature maker to avoid further confusion.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 31 Jul 2014, 04:56

But the furniture he makes is designated poor :P blame Bethesda.
Project Coordinator

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 31 Jul 2014, 05:22

He lives in a poor house, makes poor furn, and is a poor, but less poor than a beggar and actually makes a dime to gamble with his friends, after which he is poor again :D Poor soul.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 31 Jul 2014, 07:33

And that is a showcase on how to use the word poor a handful of times in one sentence.
Project Coordinator

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 31 Jul 2014, 07:54

SamirA wrote:And that is a showcase on how to use the word poor a handful of times in one sentence.

I only hope my poor choice of words explained what I mean, less poorly :)

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 31 Jul 2014, 09:01

Poor old woodworker, if he didn't gamble so poorly he wouldn't be so poor.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 31 Jul 2014, 10:38

you got the poor man's idea TDF :D

Return to Character Development