End Video/Music Idea

Discussion of all sound related items.
Tarius
Head of Modelling

End Video/Music Idea

Postby Tarius » 04 Mar 2012, 05:57

Alright, so I just had another idea I thought would be pretty good.

End of the main quest, have a video that plays. No one does this for any quests beyond the original MW(that I have seen; heck, not even Oblivion really had video). This would make it a great addition; heck could make a couple different ones if theres someone who can do it and given that there are tons of amatuer video artists out there I am absolutely sure that we could find one at some point.
As for what I have in mind, obviously it would be up for change.
I think it would start with showing Thadas falling over from the final blow to him in a somewhat dramatic manner. He is then laying there near death explaining the basics of how he is now free or he now sees how wrong he was or something like that(I have said that him saying to the player that he knows he must die is not realistic, saying it after he is already dieing makes alot more sense as he now regrets it because he is dying) Perhaps he could mention how when the player was working with him he felt some certain way or something. He then passes and lets out his last breath and the video fades to white really quick. The dialogue would have to be very good and maybe I have unrealistic expectations for it, but aiming high is nice. All this happens while suitable background music is playing.
As a suggestion for this music, get this chick here to use her voice if possible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxE5R6uA ... re=related
Everyone loves her voice and she actually does videos on youtube. If not that, sad violin is nice too.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Leon
P:C Reviewer

Re: End Video/Music Idea

Postby Leon » 05 Mar 2012, 15:02

Nice idea Tarius,

Maybe a sad yet heroic ambient tune with a violin accompanied by a choir perhaps?

P:S
Or maybe I can ask her to sing the score, instead of a violin 8-)
León van der Stadt, composer

alex25

Postby alex25 » 05 Mar 2012, 19:57

A video won't be impossible to make (although it will take a lot of time). The problem is voice acting.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 05 Mar 2012, 20:30

I think we should definitely go for it if we can.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 05 Mar 2012, 20:31

alex25 wrote:A video won't be impossible to make (although it will take a lot of time). The problem is voice acting.

This is not the kind of mindset we want. I am sure that out of all the people around here, there is at least one person who could do a few lines of dialogue. It isnt like we would be asking anyone to do as much dialogue as in Oblivion or anything.
If we cant find someone who could do this, fair enough, but saying it would be very hard without even trying to is just defeatest.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Lord Andres Indoril

Postby Lord Andres Indoril » 05 Mar 2012, 20:42

I am always looking for new ways to show off my sexy voice. Another problem is whether or not my voice can actually fit anywhere. I remember I used to be able to make a decent dunmer voice, but that was ages ago. :p
Best wishes,
Lord Andres Indoril the Mad.

Lord Andres Indoril's Blogwoggofmoddywoddy.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 06 Mar 2012, 01:24

If it is Thadas speaking, then dunmer would be needed.
Project Coordinator

SGMonkey
P:C Admin

Postby SGMonkey » 07 Mar 2012, 11:27

Maybe you could ask this guy
http://youtu.be/464D4MtxjCc

Pretty damn funny channel
http://youtu.be/NVtz4Ny4nIU

An i like the idea of this. Not seen any videos in Morrowind mods so it would be pretty good to see.

Praedator

Postby Praedator » 07 Mar 2012, 11:34

I am all for videos :)

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 29 Apr 2012, 00:52

Another link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z9TdDCW ... ure=relmfu
She actually does Elder Scrolls(skyrim at least) songs so she is familiar with the series. So, if you do get a voice, you could consider asking this person as well(remember I have a link in the first post to another)

Something to think about, I dont think any of the music replacers for MW have anyone doing voice, they are all electronic/instrumental.(well there was that one Battle of Macar I think that had chanting)

Leon

Postby Leon » 30 Apr 2012, 19:00

How long will the end video be? I thought less than 1 minute, because most of the MW cutscenes are in fact less than 1 minute...

And why a dunmer voice? We are in Cyrodiil, an imperial voice would be more suitable.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 30 Apr 2012, 19:12

Do you know about the MQ? The Big Bad is Thadas Tharn, the son of Jagar Tharn and Barenziah. He's a Dunmer.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Leon

Postby Leon » 30 Apr 2012, 19:23

I hope TerrifyingDaedricFoe, that you will agree with me on the fact that I have little/no lore knowledge at all. :teach:

I thought it would be suitable to have in Cyrodiil an Imperial voice rather than a Dunmer one. Just like the Oblivion intro.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 30 Apr 2012, 21:00

I just thought you might have had a nosy around the forums and found the Main Quest section. I think the original idea was to have Thadas explaining himself. I suppose the Emperor could have a few words to say, but that'd probably happen 'in-game' rather than in the video.
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 30 Apr 2012, 21:35

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:I just thought you might have had a nosy around the forums and found the Main Quest section. I think the original idea was to have Thadas explaining himself. I suppose the Emperor could have a few words to say, but that'd probably happen 'in-game' rather than in the video.

I would say "explain" per se, more like "All I started out to do was good, etc etc, now I am dying and blah blah blah."

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 30 Apr 2012, 21:39

But more dramatic and poignant. :P
SamirA wrote:
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 30 Apr 2012, 21:43

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:But more dramatic and poignant. :P

Yes. Kinda like reminiscing(whatever the spelling is). And then he finally dies.

With this post, I now pass DJ. 714!

Return to Sound & Voice