Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Re: Cyrodiil Gallery of Fauna

Postby Saint_Jiub » 19 Jul 2014, 04:00

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 19 Jul 2014, 09:44

That. Is. Beautiful. I can just see a little train of these fellows moving along a mountain path somewhere in the Colovian Highlands. Great work!

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 19 Jul 2014, 13:03

I like the texture myself and a donkey is a great idea. I would only do a little bit recoloring on the giraffe texture myself to make it less obvious that it was taken from a giraffe.

Do you want me to create a claim for this?

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 19 Jul 2014, 13:15

Yes please, I thought it would be presumptuous for me to start my own claim thread before getting any feedback on the look.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 19 Jul 2014, 16:26

Well, I think it is pretty obvious that our equine creatures all originate from the GC with the patterns we have here. I love it, maybe Infragris or someone can come up with a story about the origins of our horses/mules.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 20 Jul 2014, 03:13

I think it needs a shape a little different from a donkey. Maybe increased size on the hind legs, or larger ears, something that makes it look less like a donkey with a fur change.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 20 Jul 2014, 17:01

Tarius wrote:I think it needs a shape a little different from a donkey. Maybe increased size on the hind legs, or larger ears, something that makes it look less like a donkey with a fur change.

I think we could maybe lengthen the mouth to a funny degree as a part of the review. But that is nothing Jiub can do on his own. Apart from that, I don't think a heavy change in proportion is really needed as a donkey works just well as it is for such stony and half-dry areas like the gold coast. We could just aswell leave the alienation to other parts of the fauna.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 20 Jul 2014, 17:10

With having Zebra in the real world basically be horses/donkeys with different hair patterns I don't really think we need to change any proportions, but I'm not against the idea either. If you decide to make a minor change in the review, go for it.
Project Coordinator

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 20 Jul 2014, 21:07

The whole idea of that set of claims is to have creatures that are analogous to "real", normal creatures, as these are said to exist in Tamriel and are referenced in relation to Cyrodiil. It's supposed to look like a horse or a donkey, basically.

Previous

Return to Flora & Fauna