Cyrodiil Gallery of Fauna

Discussion of plants and animals.
SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Cyrodiil Gallery of Fauna

Postby SamirA » 04 Jan 2011, 23:19

Ok I am heavily editing this post to line-up better with our Flora list. These are the creatures that are found in Cyrodiil or in the Game Oblivion that might be usable. I will also include a few new creatures in this list eventually.

x marks a finished creature, v marks a vanilla version
    vAncestor Ghost
    Ancient Lich (Maybe)
    Auroran (Maybe)

Black Bear (modified Grizzly or Snow Bear)
    Boar (modified Tusked Bristleback)

vClannfear

vDaedroth
    Dark Seducer (Maybe)
    Deer
    Dog
    Dread Zombie (modified Zombie)
    vDremora
    vDremora Lord

Fadded Wraith
    vFlame Atronach
    Flesh Atronach (Maybe)
    vFrost Atronach

Ghost (modified Ancestor Ghost)
    Gloom Wraith
    vGoblin
    Goblin Berserker (modified Goblin War Chief)
    Goblin Shaman
    Goblin Skirmisher (modified Goblin Handler)
    Goblin Warlord
    vGolden Saint

Headless Zombie (modified Zombie)
    Horse (Bay, Black, Chestnut, Paint, White)

xImp

Land Dreugh
    Lich

xMinotaur
    Minotaur Lord (modified Minotaur)
    Mountain Lion
    Mud Crab

Nether Lich

Ogre

vRat

Savage Goblin (modified Goblin)
    Savage Ogre
    vScamp
    Sheep
    vSkeleton
    vSkeleton Champion
    Skeleton Guardian (modified Skeleton Archer)
    Skeleton Hero
    vSlaughterfish
    vSmall Slaughterfish
    Spider Daedra (Maybe)
    vSpriggan
    vStorm Atronach
    Stunted Scamp (modfied Scamp)
    Swamp Troll (TR version)

Timber Wolf (modified Snow Wolf)
    Troll

vUdyrfrykte (has to be modified)
    Unicorn (Maybe)

Vampire (We will have to figure something out here as we need a new vampire strain not the ones from vanilla)

Werewolf (Maybe)
    Will-o-the-Wisp
    vWolf
    Wraith

Xivilai (Maybe)

vZombie
    Zombie Guardian (modified Zombie)

Several creatures from vanilla will need retextures before they can be called complete and several other creatures could be retextured vanilla creatures (Wraiths). In addition to these we would like to have some new and unique creatures. Currently we plan on having:

Cave Lions
    Asiatic Lions
    At least two new magical creatures for Ayleid Ruins

In addition we might come up with a few more creatures and there is one from lore which I have left out until I can find its name or think of one.
Project Coordinator

DJGamer
Mad God

Re: Cyrodiil Gallery of Fauna

Postby DJGamer » 24 May 2011, 15:11

I've decided to make a tally of what creatures we already have available in some form. Besides the snow effects we need for the Jerall Mountains region, another key reason for us requiring Bloodmoon is the creatures.

Bears: Retextures of Grizzly Bear from Bloodmoon.

Boar: Rexture/Remesh of Tusked Bristlebacks from Bloodmoon?

Dears: I believe there may be some modders' resources for these. Pirate's appears to have one.

Dog: Retextured wolf and/or modders' resources.

Horses: Modders' resources. I believe there are at least two mods that include ridable horses, we should use whichever has the best scripting or is easiest to obtain permission to integrate into our mod without dependency or compatibility issues.

Mountain Lion: I think there should be a suitable modders' resource for this.

Mudcrab: we could either use Morrowind's or, ideally-and I believe there was some work done at this at some point by SWG (maybe?)-we'd create a "Cyrodiilic Mudcrab" more in line with the version that appears in Oblivion.

Giant Rat: Obviously we can use the one that already appears in Morrowind, possibly with some texture and/or mesh modifications to make it look more like a regional variation.

Sheep: Modders' resource? I'm not sure if there's a resource that includes sheep or not.

Slaughterfish: Again we could do a regional variation-I'm not sure how different they looked in Morrowind vs. Oblivion so we might want to have a new mesh or at least some kind of retexture.

Wolf and Timber Wolf: Retextures of the Bloodmoon wolves should suffice.

A lot of the Daedra already appear in Morrowind. Appearance variations for the region wouldn't make sense because they all come from the realms of Oblivion anyway. The various types of additional types of Dremora might be included but they should either be a simple retexture or we could seek permission to use a Dremora-based custom race. It would be nice if we could convert such a race into creature form if that hasn't already been done.

Spider Daedra: Pirate's creature's mod has them.

Xivilai: Could probably be created easily from enlarged Better Bodies meshes retextured and/or converted to creature form.

Land Dreugh: Pirate's Creatures mod has one.

Goblins: Retextures and/or remworkings of the ones that appear in Tribunal.

Imp: Pirate's Creatures mod has one

Minotaurs: There might be a modders' resource that includes these. I'll probably look through the current resource thread to see what stuff has already been linked to and maybe do some searching myself.

Ogre: Resource or our own creation.

Spriggan: Possibly a retexture of the one from Bloodmoon-or even just using them as-is.

Troll: A reworking/retexture of The Udyrfrykte was suggested and I still think that may be our best route unless we actually want to try doing an entirely new mesh for them.

Will-o-the-Wisp: There may already be a resource for this, otherwise again we may need to make this on our own.

Ghosts: Reworkings of the ancestral ghosts and such would probably work fine.

Liches: I think there's a lich in Tribunal and they're not particularly common in the Elder Scrolls universe in general so they'll likely only appear in special quests anyway.

Skeletons: The ones from vanilla Morrowind should suffice.

Wraiths: Variations of ghosts?

Zombies: I'm pretty's sure the Pirate's creatures mods include some "proper" zombies and we can also do some retextures of Corprus Stalkers and such.

I'll definitely be taking a look at the creatures mod (hopefully he didn't forget he gave us permission after all this time lol) as well as check the resources thread and such as well as hunt for some on my own if necessary.

I should also mention that we may want to try adding some additional creatures of our own. Obviously, a lot of the creatures in Quagmire are going to be original creations. There was also some discussion regarding including tropical variations of Horkers around the Gold Coast/Stirk region.

We might also consider including the Horror from Pirate's creatures mod in Quagmire and maybe also the Night Stalkers.

Some other creatures from Pirate's creatures that may be okay to include are Spiders, Snakes and Scorpions.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 24 May 2011, 15:28

We have an Imp and Minotaur in data already. I have been through Pirates mod and selected what is useful for us. Many of those creatures were very old and looked it. Some of them stand the test of time though and I have kept them around. We will simply have to create many creatures or have them created for us. No way around it.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 24 May 2011, 15:38

DJGamer wrote:Troll: A reworking/retexture of The Udyrfrykte was suggested and I still think that may be our best route unless we actually want to try doing an entirely new mesh for them.

I like this idea. Udyrfrykte is badass.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 24 May 2011, 19:01

For the Spriggans, the ones found in jungle regions could be made a little more, well, jungly. The standard Bloodmoon version would probably do for the forested regions.

We could also include some of the Daedra that don't appear in Oblivion (at least in the base game), such as Ogrims, Winged Twilights and Golden Saints. Just because Oblivion doesn't use them doesn't mean we can't. Same with other farm animals and domesticated animals, such as cats and chickens.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 24 May 2011, 19:11

Helena wrote:For the Spriggans, the ones found in jungle regions could be made a little more, well, jungly. The standard Bloodmoon version would probably do for the forested regions.

We could also include some of the Daedra that don't appear in Oblivion (at least in the base game), such as Ogrims, Winged Twilights and Golden Saints. Just because Oblivion doesn't use them doesn't mean we can't. Same with other farm animals and domesticated animals, such as cats and chickens.

This, would make the cities feel much more occupied if they had various domesticated animnals running around.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 24 May 2011, 21:05

Chickens I'm ok with.

As for Daedra, yes I am all for simply using the Daedra available from Morrowind and not adding in other unnecessary ones. There are already many creatures that we will have to create anyway.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 26 May 2011, 13:24

At ShotN we are going to have a completely new troll-creature. Apart from that we also have Uderfryktes with the leg in the hand removed and animation modified accordingly (Lestat should still have them somewhere). The creature itself is going to be called "Devourer" and is similar to a troll in the way an Alit resembles a cagouti.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 26 May 2011, 15:33

Hmm that is interesting. That Uderfrykt might come in handy.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 26 May 2011, 16:07

Devourer sounds cool. Also, it'd be cool then to have the new troll creature over here too ;) If that can be arranged.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 26 May 2011, 22:40

I guess he means the Swamp Troll he made. I like it too.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 27 May 2011, 11:50

I'm actually going to make a properly three-eyed troll for Skyrim based on a concept by Dragomir.

http://www.elderscrolls.com.pl/galeria/ ... yeticc.jpg

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 27 May 2011, 13:12

That concept is cool. Perhaps we could use it in the northern parts of Cyrodiil, too?

Osidian
P:C Modder

Postby Osidian » 27 May 2011, 14:05

I really like that troll concept. Maybe a more brownish variation of it could be useful for our non mountainous areas, huh?
I am no salmon – Dagon

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 27 May 2011, 19:26

Has anyone thought to ask Antares about using his troll?
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 27 May 2011, 19:31

If you mean that ogre thing then no because it does not fit in with the rest of the TES creatures in style. I would much prefer to use what Muspila and Dirnae come up with for creatures as they are both very good at making and animating them when they have time to devote to P:C. That among other things, such as the Colovian Prince armor Dirnae has been making for us. Hopefully he will be back soon and can finish it up for us. Last I heard it only needed ground models and is quite fantastic looking.
Project Coordinator

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 07 Jul 2011, 00:44

The first post has been updated.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 21 Feb 2012, 09:51

i made a gallery of all the ...relatively good... creatures i had in my resource pack (excluding Cait's donkeys, horse, chickens, ducks, turkeys, rabbits, pigs, goats and cows)

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/2362785 ... s?h=93eacb

the goblins should be useful.

and i know a lot of the textures deserve to die, but they can be updated.

Praedator
P:C Reviewer

Postby Praedator » 21 Feb 2012, 10:12

SOME ARE FUNNY, OTHERS ARE HILARIOUS, but the troll, spider and goblins were pretty good :P

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 21 Feb 2012, 18:05

I don't like the troll, it's too generic fantasy it could have come from anywhere. And do we really need new goblins? What's wrong with the Tribunal Goblins? Looking at them there's not a lot of difference between those and the ones you linked to.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Next

Return to Flora & Fauna