Master Claim Map

Find all the claim maps here.
DJGamer
Mad God

Master Claim Map

Postby DJGamer » 10 Dec 2010, 23:59

Note that this is subject to change and when it doubt check the maps for individual regions. This is especially the case for Stirk where the claim grid has been adjusted somewhat.

Click the preview for the full resolution version (warning-it's over 3 MB in size and very high resolution):

This contains a particular improvement over the original map as claims are now sorted into both their cell numbers as well as actual "claim numbers". For instance if I wanted to claim that little island to the south west of Sutch, I'd ask for Claim M5, which contains exterior cells x: -127 to -125 and y: -44 to -46. I'd only have to give the "claim designation" itself rather than specifying which cells it covers.

Right now I have region claim maps for Stirk and the Gold Coast, I'll make maps for the other regions as well need them or are about to need them.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Osidian
P:C Modder

Re: Master Claim Map

Postby Osidian » 11 Dec 2010, 19:59

I guess it's time for us to start using our shiny new forums :D

On topic: I though the claims would be numbered according to the planned release maps (like S1 or 1-1, for our first Stirk claim, for example), but this works very well too.
One thing I'd like to suggest is to identify each claim on the master claim map. I mean, to write 'X#' right in the middle of the square representing the claim. I say this because it may be hard to identify some claims when looking at this map due to its size. And it would also allow us to see which underwater cells will be modded.
I am no salmon – Dagon

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 11 Dec 2010, 20:42

I think I'm sort of waiting for SGMonkey to give us a version of the map with Hammerfell included so we can have a good idea of where the borders will be and of course which "under water" cells we shouldn't be touching. We may also need to at lest come up with an approximate idea of where the other provinces are going to be on the map as well.

As far as labeling every individual claim on the map-I really don't want to do that (it's hard enough adding the key itself, going in and labeling every individual claim would be hell to do). I think the claim maps for individual regions will probably suffice since there's obviously a shorter distance between the key and the cells themselves-that's the main reason I've produced such maps. I might also make a thread specifically for "miscellaneous underwater claims" since I don't think I've bothered to for instance match up the Gold Coast claim map to directly neighbor the Stirk claim map so there's probably a bit of space in-between that I'd need to account for somehow. For each of these maps I'd probably also include a "minimap" showing where the claim is in relation to the larger map-although I don't think that should be a problem as long as the cell numbers are accurate.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 15 Dec 2010, 06:13

Yes, posting the individual claims only on each individual region map is perfectly acceptable, as long as there are no missing cells lost in translation. That would be very bad.
Project Coordinator

Osidian

Postby Osidian » 13 Jun 2011, 15:49

I hope this is what you wanted Samir. You can clearly see where it's sea coast and where it's river in the Gold Coast.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4643/claimmapborders.png
I am no salmon – Dagon

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 13 Jun 2011, 16:56

Thank you very much Osidian.
Project Coordinator

sasquatch

Postby sasquatch » 26 Jul 2014, 19:55

These threads need to be cleared out or edited and claim maps reposted. So many broken links in a planning section looks bad.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 26 Jul 2014, 20:13

sasquatch wrote:If this mod is going to continue these threads need to be cleared out or edited and claim maps reposted. So many broken links in a planning section looks bad.

Pretty sure this mod will continue with or without these being cleaned up.

Anyway, I agree we need to clear out and consolidate various information. Perhaps we should post new threads regarding maps and all and clear out all the old ones for starters.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Return to Claim Maps