Ald-Ma' Cyrod's Thingies

See our concept art and post your own if you like!
Ald-Ma' Cyrod
P:C Modder

Re: Ald-Ma' Cyrod's Thingies

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 28 Aug 2013, 23:14

maaan morrowinds meshes are pretty fucking messy. reckon ill just give you guys the mesh and texture after its done instead of struggling to get it in game. nifskope confuses the shit outta me

yeah I was thinking of doing akas golden, I think that would suit it nice with the red diamond. I like the marukh idea. everyone wears a monkey mask

everyone
"Weird is relative." - S'Rathra

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 28 Aug 2013, 23:40

Dont tell me you tried to make it in nifskope.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 28 Aug 2013, 23:47

haha, no. that's in maya. I can just never get the texture to apply in nifskope

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 29 Aug 2013, 18:18

Ald-Ma' Cyrod wrote:haha, no. that's in maya. I can just never get the texture to apply in nifskope

Oh, sounds like you need to edit the texture path. The easiest thing is just dragging and dropping a texture though.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 29 Aug 2013, 19:43

cheers tarius

if you guys like it let me know and ill upload

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 29 Aug 2013, 19:55

Design is nice, but that texture would certainly need a redo, Just doesn't fit that Morrowind aesthetic we strive for. As an early concept piece though I rally like where it is heading from a design perspective.
Project Coordinator

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 29 Aug 2013, 20:01

aye, I am not a brilliant modeller or texture artist. ill give it another go but I don't know if its going to get much better than that tbh

another problem is that face masks don't work in morrowind because armor pieces take up entire body slots. the solution ive tried above is to add a hood for the back, but to look correct the design would have to be changed into a neck scarf thing

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 29 Aug 2013, 21:17

If you want to post the model/textures, I can see what I can come up with for it, texture-wise.

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 30 Aug 2013, 11:14

remodelled it to be based on imperial face shape rather than dunmer daedric masks. cheers jiub, ill upload when this version is done

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 30 Aug 2013, 18:49

That looks much better. The mask texture just needs more details, I think (dirt, scratches, bumps, etc.). It doesn't quite look like metal yet to me.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 30 Aug 2013, 18:52

Thats actually pretty good. The lips need work though. The edges need to blend better, right now, the edges are sharp.

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 18 Dec 2013, 20:56

House Guards for low-middle class nibenese. or House Guards are fighters guild members hired on contract and this is common attire for FG members

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 19 Dec 2013, 00:43

Ald-Ma' Cyrod wrote:Image

House Guards for low-middle class nibenese. or House Guards are fighters guild members hired on contract and this is common attire for FG members

Common attire for Fighters Guild members? I dont know about that. Fighters Guild members actually go fight stuff and have dress that isnt ceremonial or for show. In fact any sort of fancy outfit like that in real life was always for show and ceremony; the actual useful stuff was never that showy except possibly in the case of royal guards or something.

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 19 Dec 2013, 01:23

id argue the point that neither this mod nor indeed any elder scrolls game is trying to emulate real life. however, give me a mo and ill dig out the references

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 19 Dec 2013, 02:33

Ald-Ma' Cyrod wrote:id argue the point that neither this mod nor indeed any elder scrolls game is trying to emulate real life. however, give me a mo and ill dig out the references

Well, I am not saying it has to emulate real life, but I am saying that it should emulate practicality(which is the word I was trying to think of originally)
I would suggest that the clothing be tighter fitting instead of baggy.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 19 Dec 2013, 05:02

I could see it as some minor noble house guards in nibenay, FG not so much.
Project Coordinator

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 19 Dec 2013, 06:24

I'm inclined to say that the House Guard should wear dragonscale in-game, based on this line from the PGE: "As mentioned in the text, after the Akaviri raiders had been defeated, Reman recruited many of them into his service. Later Cyrodiils traditionally kept a House Guard of Akaviri." Even if racially they're Imperials by the 3rd era, their armor should reflect Akaviri origin, IMO.

But aside from that point, there's just something I can't quite place about the drawing that feels off. If we're going for a ceremonial set, I'd rather see you go totally balls-to-the-wall with it rather than something that, aside from the issue of the puffy bracers, feels altogether too practical. Look at how runway designers use armor in their fashions, rather than just historical styles - this is a teensy bit more overtly Japanese than what I mean, but it's a pretty good example: http://draqul.tumblr.com/post/351690179 ... ropriation

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 19 Dec 2013, 09:02

I dunno, im a fan of the landsknecht and wanted to try something other than slapping eastern influence all over and shipping it out as the nib. I kinda like the short ancient greek tunic with the puffy sleeves. I think its enough weird and enough practical to serve its purpose. maybe not fg if everyone is against that, but as house guards serving in lower families I think it fits. face tats and stuff would be on the npc as well, so theres that

gonna attempt a model anyway, if you guys want to use it you can. and if not, its good practice anyway

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 19 Dec 2013, 16:35

I don't suppose anyone who understands nifskope a bit better could take a look at this model? it looks fine in nifskope but in game its not visible

http://www.2shared.com/file/vD-7qsAJ/00 ... ic_01.html

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 19 Dec 2013, 18:51

If you're going for a Nibenese landscknecht, then it needs WAAAAAY more peacocking. Medallions, feathers in their hats, garish codpieces, hideously clashing colors, and asymmetrical detailing. It's far too plain and uniform right now.

PreviousNext

Return to Concept Art