Ald-Ma' Cyrod's Thingies

See our concept art and post your own if you like!
Ald-Ma' Cyrod
P:C Modder

Re: Ald-Ma' Cyrod's Thingies

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 29 Apr 2014, 23:19

if youre gonna be a prick man just don't download it. there are two sites there where all you have to do is click on a button. ive had no malware from either
"Weird is relative." - S'Rathra

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 29 Apr 2014, 23:34

Ald-Ma' Cyrod wrote:if youre gonna be a prick man just don't download it. there are two sites there where all you have to do is click on a button. ive had no malware from either

Woah there! I don't see how Jiub was being a prick. It is not usual for us to use such sites as a means for getting files up, dropbox is always safe and he merely asked if it could be hosted there and he addressed his fears as to why.
Project Coordinator

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 30 Apr 2014, 03:26

Sorry if my tone was out of line, but that Speedyshare download asked me to download no fewer than four extra programs and the file itself ended up getting blocked by my virus detector, so it's really not the best choice when Dropbox is guaranteed to be safe and free.

If 2shared is working for everyone else then by all means continue using that - at the end of the day it's not terribly important whether I can download the files or not since I'm not doing much (if any) CS work these days - but the page doesn't even load for me, and it hasn't for any of the links you've posted here.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 30 Apr 2014, 03:39

Why is this not just uploaded to our forum? Is there a reason?
Project Coordinator

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 30 Apr 2014, 04:51

sorry Samir, I didn't see the tab to upload on the forum. ill do it now... upload the file I just downloaded onto my uni laptop from the 2shared link

just sayin

also pls give it a rest with the virus bullshit jiub. im not out to infect your computer with malware. speedyshare is fine
Attachments
NibenWorkerOutfit.7z
(319.97 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 30 Apr 2014, 12:36

Not a problem, it is much better to have things hosted here unless they are gigantic things.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 30 Apr 2014, 13:41

Haven't had issues with speedyshare, however I'd be careful in general. Malware can be very frustrating if you are in a local network.

Anyway, glad to see it's resolved - we should generally stick to uploading on the forums directly, after all there's not a lot anyone would upload that would be tremendously huge (I am merely repeating what Samir said, I know).

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 28 Jun 2014, 13:41

So just some thoughts on general niben clothing and how we can show different social classes within the culture.

* Less layers of clothing is a symbol of servitude and humility -- Plantation workers & Fishermen
* More layers of clothing is a symbol of importance, power and wealth -- Merchants & Priests
* The most layers of clothing are reserved for the aristocracy -- Nibenese Battlemages

For visual representation of this in-game I would suggest the following basic rules:

* Lower-class -- Maximum of one layered clothing item and generally wear no shirt due to working out in the jungle all day. Limited number of jewellery, maybe an earring. Crude facial tattoos and bald with little facial hair.

* Middle-class -- Maximum of two layered clothing items but generally keeps arms and legs bare. Lots of buttons and pouches and decoration on their clothing. Fair amount of jewellery. Facial tats honouring their god(s), family and guild. Long hair but clean-shaven face.

* Upper-class - Maximum of three layered clothing items and is completely covered. Insane amounts of decoration on these, ruby jewels everywhere. Ancestor-silks drape over them each with separate moth patterns. Their faces are seen by few as they wear masks in public. From a distance they should appear to be horned moths.

Once a base outfit for each social class is decided we can branch out on different regional styles from there.
Last edited by Ald-Ma' Cyrod on 28 Jun 2014, 15:43, edited 2 times in total.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 28 Jun 2014, 15:02

I would also work with colors here: lower class clothing can be colorful as well, but it is bleached due to heavy usage. Wealthier clothing has unusual and vibrant colors. Certain shades of red, especially, should be reserved for the upper classes and the magistrates.

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 28 Jun 2014, 15:44

Yeah, I think a linear progression towards akaviri red should just follow the social ladder. So working-class maybe bleached greens and yellows, middle-class blues and purples and upper-class red and whatever else they want. Other things, like white, should be mixed in throughout all classes.

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 28 Jun 2014, 22:18

Working (left) and middle-class (right) nibens. Colour coming tomorrow, if I have time. Plus the Battlemage.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 28 Jun 2014, 23:14

Some inspiration for the upper-class clothing from Lady N's tumblr. Lots of interesting patterns and colors, here:
- Robed figure
- Silk-Cutter
- Empress Morihatha
- Empress Katariah
- Empress Alessia
- Alessia again

btw one of the concept artists should probably start a thread for a unified style of face and body tattoos.

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 28 Jun 2014, 23:31

cheers infragris, those are gorgeous

for tats I think animals like moth patterns, tiger stripes, dragon motifs etc. and then just the symbols of the gods, like julianos is the pyramid iirc.

also akaviri symbols and writing. akaviri script and symbols should be used by the nibs in a similar way that the dunmer use daedric -- http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:OB-book-M ... ary_P2.jpg & http://s26.postimg.org/ynbj2e5h5/Akaviri.png

also http://www.imperial-library.info/conten ... ti-sermons has some nice symbols for tats/ is a good read

edit: I think the colors work? thinking have a colour run throughout all classes of nibenese clothing, white maybe? and same for colovian, like brown or yellow.

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 29 Jun 2014, 23:07

slow day, example of using tiger stripes and some of brians symbols as tats

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 30 Jun 2014, 12:31

Tiger cult, lovely. I made a write-up of potential Weaver's Guild concepts some time ago - might be interesting?

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 30 Jun 2014, 16:56

Fantastic, I like everything I'm seeing here right now.

I think you're on the right track for tats, in my most recent concepts I pretty much went with organic-looking lines and dots and the male Nibenean's facepaint was vaguely modeled after a moth, so we're already on the same page it looks like. We should also have some faction-specific tattoos like how vanilla Morrowind had the Tribunal hand face. I can draw something up if you want but otherwise I'm happy leaving it to both of you.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 07 Jul 2014, 15:37

The body tats would be hard to do with any sort of variance, the facial tats are something we need to do more of and we could probably go about cleaning up the current heads we have. None of them are spectacular.
Project Coordinator

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 08 Jul 2014, 20:14

Body tats can be applied as alpha'd sleeves and shirts. A bit of a hack, but it is possible, especially with the shirtless farmers. Perhaps, by the time we get to Nibenay, OpenMW will offer an option for "hiding" clothes in inventories, the way it was done in Oblivion.

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 09 Jul 2014, 18:45

Been pretty busy so some quick modelling work. I like it as a kinda nibenese thug look. Think Commona Tong in Cyrodiil.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 09 Jul 2014, 20:41

Nice work again. As said regarding your former models, you somehow manage to create a believable bridge between mw-vanilla content and your interpretation of nibenese lore. I hope we'll see this all in action someday.

PreviousNext

Return to Concept Art