Saint_Jiub's Art Thread

See our concept art and post your own if you like!
Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Saint_Jiub's Art Thread

Postby Saint_Jiub » 23 Dec 2012, 19:03

Full disclosure, these are actually just pictures I drew at one point or another for fun (and originally posted on the official forums), but they seem relevant to the project so I thought I'd repost them here. New pictures will go here as well as they come up.

Not 100% sure if these conform to the forum guidelines, as I said I drew these for fun originally.

Statue of Shezarr
http://i.imgur.com/74C8t.jpg
Imperial Mananaut
http://i.imgur.com/Uh9N4.jpg
Nibenese Citizens
http://i.imgur.com/YsBW8.png

Worsas
Asset Manager

Re: Saint_Jiub's Art Thread

Postby Worsas » 23 Dec 2012, 19:45

I'm not sure how I feel about that particular mixture of face-tatoo, irokese, italian and greek/roman fashion on your nibenese-concept. I would probably have to see the final result, but right now the whole combination seems... weird to me.

I think it's mostly the italian fashion but perhaps I'm not open-minded enough.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 23 Dec 2012, 23:31

I kinda like them, but the renaissance style clothing is too modern looking for functional wear in our Cyrodiil. The idea is nice though, perhaps going a bit more medieval with the style and I'm not sure how we would pull off the toga.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 04 Jan 2013, 10:14

that steel armor is sexy. It looks quite gladiatorial.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 11 Jan 2013, 06:39

Gold Coast Lowerclass Shack- http://i.imgur.com/gvbas.jpg

Apologies for the terrible quality, I need to replace my drawing pens and I don't have access to a scanner right now.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 11 Jan 2013, 12:15

Cool! that is indeed something me or Tarius could take into use. If you have certain textures availible you want to be used on those models don't hesitate to make them availible :)

...unless other people around here do not agree with the concept as such...

MoonAndStar

Postby MoonAndStar » 11 Jan 2013, 12:39

I personally love it. It could also be used in other parts of Colovia, perhaps with a change of the roof texture from palm to something else.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 11 Jan 2013, 16:10

I like it. Not so sure about the one on top of all the scaffolding, but the basic one is very nice. I like the awning as well.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 11 Jan 2013, 18:12

Yeah, I don't think we need the second level ability here, but the design fits Colovia. I agree that two roof textures would be good, one for the GC's coastal areas and one for the rest of Colovia. The textures should fit in with the vanilla com/nord sets so that they don't stick out like a sore thumb (though obviously our textures will be higher rez than the vanilla ones).
Project Coordinator

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 11 Jan 2013, 19:06

Heh, the scaffolding was meant to be like a dock kind of thing. The idea being that we could have some wooden variants on the building for like fishing villages and the like that could be built out on docks. But I'm fine with just the standard variant.

So if anyone is interested in making this, I'd like the doorframe, window, and those ropes on the roof to be modeled separately, and I'm thinking if you just want to make a flat plane at the back of the window or something, we can either just color it black or maybe texture it so it looks like there are curtains drawn inside. As far as the interior goes, obviously the wood frame supporting the roof needs to be modeled separately as well. As far as the awning is concerned, it would be nice if the top and underside used separate textures, so that beneath it you can see the fishnet that's actually holding the fronds up.

Here are my current textures for the shack, although I'm thinking of maybe redoing the roof part to incorporate the actual palm fronds found in the Gold Coast- https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4ep8t1fv2nnv ... source.zip

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 11 Jan 2013, 22:11

I was talking about the second level storage. The scaffold makes sense for a fishing village or two.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 11 Jan 2013, 23:00

I'll just point this out to Juib:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... ail&id=738
these buildings could be useful templates for your textures, if you don't know about them already. We could even simply sub-divide them a bit more and add some rough-rock mesh detail and actually use them.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 24 Jan 2013, 02:29

Based on some discussion in the Cliffside Fortresses thread, I've made up a preliminary concept drawing for our Sancre Tor based on the fortress in that TESO trailer: http://i.imgur.com/NQw1Nf8.jpg

I'll draw up some other perspectives if there's interest, my idea for this is that the entrance to the fort is where the canyon originally ended and where the original Reman mausoleum entrance was located, and the Imperials carved away the stone cliffside to sculpt the fortress of Sancre Tor. The fort is all one continuous piece of stone, and it can be difficult to ascertain where the structure ends and the cliffs begin. Within its walls is a massive graveyard housing the remains of Colovia's greatest heroes and warlords, and in the back is the new entrance to the Reman family crypts, a network of tunnels built into the cliff which stretch for miles underground (I'm thinking it would use a combination of the cave tileset and Tarius's Imperial crypts).

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 24 Jan 2013, 03:58

Maybe a bit more organic rather than so square down at the bottom. Blend it into the rock. Could be really cool.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 24 Jan 2013, 13:24

Looks interesting!

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 24 Jan 2013, 20:12

Hmm...Its lacking something. I am not sure what. Perhaps it looks far too plain and simple?

Yay! Post 1024. This is a very important number.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 04 Apr 2013, 19:01

Rough sketch drawn up last night at work:

Nibenese Elder Councilman

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 04 Apr 2013, 19:22

I like the clothes. Definitely looks like something a Nibenese politician would wear.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 04 Apr 2013, 20:26

I hope we will actually get to the point where those politic figures can take place in our mod. But I agree that this would be a nice concept to model such a nibenese politician after.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 05 Apr 2013, 17:48

Needs...something, but I couldnt really say what.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Next

Return to Concept Art