Imperial City Concept Art

See our concept art and post your own if you like!
LanceAvion
Pleb

Imperial City Concept Art

Postby LanceAvion » 08 Jul 2012, 00:20

Yes I know this is very early for any thing related to the Imperial City but I found a most interesting sketch I wanted to share with you guys. MissLizz over at devianart sketched a top down view of the Imperial City based on lore but using Oblivion's districts. Given the concept for how the Imperial City should be handed hasn't been finalized yet I'm sure this will be of some use. Here's the original (http://misslizz.deviantart.com/gallery/ ... s#/d1a589g) and a colour coded update (http://misslizz.deviantart.com/gallery/ ... s#/d1cjcrg).

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Imperial City Concept Art

Postby Tarius » 08 Jul 2012, 00:43

Interesting. However, doesnt look like it would fit with what we are going to do. Mainly the buildings arnt spaced right. Perhaps more opinions.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 08 Jul 2012, 01:35

I'd focus less on the building spacing and more one the islands, which is the main point here. I'd have to say that is a nice overview of how we might tackle it. Certainly it would be denser building wise but islands and canals will indeed be the way it is set up.
Project Coordinator

Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Postby Rattfink333 » 08 Jul 2012, 03:07

It's not a bad map at all. some of it is usable for sure, thanks
Paladin of Vaermina

LanceAvion
Pleb

Postby LanceAvion » 08 Jul 2012, 03:42

No problem.

And like SamirA mentioned these sketches really stood out to me because of the multiple islands and their arrangement. Of course I like some of the other elements as well; the design of the bridge connecting to the mainland could be two bridges connected by a few smaller bridges (akin to rungs on a ladder) and the mimicry of oblivion's Imperial City design on the central island surrounding White Gold Tower (only seen in the second sketch).

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 29 Jan 2014, 04:41

Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 29 Jan 2014, 12:05

The second one rather than the first one. It's a great piece of art that I knew already, but it doesn't fit the IC imo.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 29 Jan 2014, 16:12

Another piece http://rudolfherczog.deviantart.com/art ... a-36449082 possible bridge to the city isle.
Project Coordinator

MoonAndStar
P:C Reviewer

Postby MoonAndStar » 29 Jan 2014, 16:51

Are we going for a single city isle of Oblivion or the eight isles mentioned in Father of the Niben and PGE? It'd be interesting to have the isles be like the equivlent to the hills of Rome. Or one for every Aedra or something.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 29 Jan 2014, 16:55

I'm thinking more along the lines of Father of the Niben and having a Venice like canal feel but obviously in a more fantastical style. This will be the jewel of Province: Cyrodiil after all.
Project Coordinator

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 29 Jan 2014, 21:48

I'd kind of forgotten, but I made a very basic proposition for the Imperial Isles' shape a while back, based on the island from Oblivion: http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a58 ... a870aa.jpg This would basically divide the island into several districts, each with its own feel and social status.

Not immediately important, but it would be important to have the islands shape and nature somewhat figured out for maps, dialogue, books, and that sort of thing.

EDIT: anybody seen the ESO cinematic trailers? While I'm not too fond of their presentation, I do like the weird stone fortress thing they take place in. That's the kind of scale we need for Heartland Imperial fortifications (visible herestarting from the 2:00 and 2:30 mark).

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 02 Feb 2014, 20:20

Adding Revenant's concept of the IC canals here.
Project Coordinator

Return to Concept Art